Yoda (Ep3) Vs Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thekid1
Yoda (Ep3) Vs Exar Kun

Who do you think?

Lee-San28
yoda... he has more concentration and better swards men ship....where are they figthing?

Thekid1
On top of a speeder smile

kamikz
Kun.

bad_boba017
Kun.

vpokdekjyafmidp
really this thread sucks kun would kick yoda's ass hands down, quite easily

bad_boba017
yeah Kun seems to always win for some reason. HE WTFpwns him.

vpokdekjyafmidp
Originally posted by Lee-San28
yoda... he has more concentration and better swards men ship....where are they figthing?

alright im sorry but you are an idiot

nobody realy knows about concentration, and wtf man exar kun has much better swordsmanship than yoda, he took down vodo-siosk-baas, a jedi master of his time, who was even greater than yoda, with relative ease

Wesker
Kun. Easily.

kamikz
It might take a little while, but Kun's life is not threatend at all.

Darth Kal-El
damn! stupid noobs....

Hello Friend
How is Vodo any better than Yoda? They are near equals in my eyes.

vpokdekjyafmidp
other threads convinced me

Hello Friend
"Other threads" are your proof? Not even a link? Best to not say anything at all.

Fishy
there is no prove at all Vodo is equal to yoda or better...

Not like it matters, Yoda would die. The fight would probably take some time because Yoda likes flipping around and even Exar would have a slightly hard time hitting him. Still Yoda is outclassed in every single way.

((The_Anomaly))
Indeed

tdtd
Well then.. How about Kun vs. Dark Side Yoda... That'd be a good one..

Fishy
No, cause we have no idea how powerful Dark Side Yoda would be, if he would even exist at 900 years old what powers he would have learned, you have to make to many assumptions to even place a guess...

tdtd
I just mentioned it because I read somewhere in LOE, Dooku talking about how powerful Yoda would be if he joined the darkside.

Fishy
Yeah he mentioned Yoda becoming more powerful then he could even imagine somewhere...

But that doesn't mean a lot, Doou couldn't really know how powerful Yoda would become. Even he would have to place a guess and no matter what he felt it would not have been the real Yoda, you can't just make him dark side it wouldn't work..

tdtd
Understandable

IKC
Holy crap, someone actually thought Yoda would have a chance? Pff.

vpokdekjyafmidp
Originally posted by Hello Friend
"Other threads" are your proof? Not even a link? Best to not say anything at all.

you really think that im going to go out of my way to find the thread, and provide a link for you, just so you could read the same arguements that convinced me that vodo was better?

IKC
Vodo vs. Yoda in ten seconds:

Vodo: Most revered Jedi master in a martial time period, greater use of the force shown during said time period. Taller than Yoda, has a reach advantage, and may have an exoskeleton which would give him a tremendous strength advantage. Lost to Exar Kun, but managed to manifest himself four thousand years later to help banish Kun's half-mad, weakened spirit.

Yoda: Most revered Jedi master in a peaceful time period, Niman widely practiced. Stalemated ROTS Sidious, lost due to terrain.

To exaggerate, Vodo was the top dog of a group of badasses, and Yoda was top of a group of incompetants.

Fishy
To exaggerate you still have no idea on who is more powerful, how Vodo would have done against Sidious or how Yoda would have done against Exar.

Vodo died when Exar started becoming serious, so how would he compare to Sidious? And Yoda may have been the best in an era of people who did not fight a lot, but some of his time were still good Dooku, Mace, Sidious. Greater use of force powers for Vodo? What did he do except for making his stick able to resist a lightsaber? Yoda shot back Force Lightning at the one that shot it and defied a Sith Lord in every way through the force...

I don't see how you can be so certain about Vodo, with so little evidence supporting him.

tdtd
That's exactly what I was thinking Fishy. To consider Vodo more powerful than Yoda is just foolish, or even bordering Fanboyism. Yoda was the absolute best of his era, And Vodo was the best of his... Well second best.. In no way have you made an argument of why Vodo would best Yoda.. Perhaps it's time to make another thread

Fishy
And you did...

Brotz
1. You can't judge them by what era and how powerful the Jedi were in that time.
2. What does Vodo's reach advantage have to do with it? Yoda's lightsaber skills are built to make up for this disadvantage.
3. What is the closest lightsaber form to Vodo's "stick" combat form?

My final opinion is that Exar Kun and Yoda are near-equal in their skill with lightsaber combat, but Exar Kun's dark side abilities win this for him, since Yoda isn't prepared to counter/defend himself from ancient dark side techniques.

IKC
Actually, I'm damn certain Yoda would have gotten curbstomped in Vodo's place. And Vodo would have probably beaten ROTS Sidious since he isn't two feet tall and fifty pounds, and ergo wouldn't have been blasted off the pod.

Vodo died when Exar got serious, yes. Are you going to say ROTS Sidious was toying with Yoda, or that he's in any way comparable to Exar Kun?

Yes, some of Yoda's time were good, for their time, but as we've seen from comparing them to the Jedi of TOTJ, a hell of a lot of knowledge was lost and forgotten. Battle meditation, anyone? How about blocking someone from the force, which Vodo and Nomi did to Ulic? Arca's little trick of taking droids apart by the joints? All those techniques and more from TOTJ would have been quite useful in the PT, but they apparently weren't known because they weren't used.

Yoda can shoot back Force lightning, yes. And Vodo can't? Absence of proof is not proof of absence, Exar Kun is not shown to ever use such a weak, standard attack as lightning.

I don't see how you can be so certain about Yoda, who was only a few hairs better than ROTS Sidious.

Fishy
Originally posted by Brotz
1. You can't judge them by what era and how powerful the Jedi were in that time.
2. What does Vodo's reach advantage have to do with it? Yoda's lightsaber skills are built to make up for this disadvantage.
3. What is the closest lightsaber form to Vodo's "stick" combat form?

My final opinion is that Exar Kun and Yoda are near-equal in their skill with lightsaber combat, but Exar Kun's dark side abilities win this for him, since Yoda isn't prepared to counter/defend himself from ancient dark side techniques.

Yoda really isn't that good a duellist, he's really hard to hit but he just doesn't seem to really take the fight in any of the fights he is in. With Dooku he jumps around a lot and then Dooku runs, sure Yoda might be doing what he does best and he might be weakening Dooku, but its going to take him forever if he fights like that. The same goes for Sidious, he is probably superior but with how long it takes him to strike for real, well it just seems that he wants to tire out his opponent and then strike when the guy his back is turned.

Thats not going to work against Kun. Who is superior to Yoda with a lightsaber, seeing as he's actually able to quickly kill people with it.

Fishy
Originally posted by IKC
Actually, I'm damn certain Yoda would have gotten curbstomped in Vodo's place. And Vodo would have probably beaten ROTS Sidious since he isn't two feet tall and fifty pounds, and ergo wouldn't have been blasted off the pod.

Vodo died when Exar got serious, yes. Are you going to say ROTS Sidious was toying with Yoda, or that he's in any way comparable to Exar Kun?

Yes, some of Vodo's time were good, but as we've seen from comparing them to the Jedi of TOTJ, a hell of a lot of knowledge was lost and forgotten. Battle meditation, anyone? How about blocking someone from the force, which Vodo and Nomi did to Ulic? Arca's little trick of taking droids apart by the joints? All those techniques and more from TOTJ would have been quite useful in the PT, but they apparently weren't known because they weren't used.

Yoda can shoot back Force lightning, yes. And Vodo can't? Absence of proof is not proof of absence, Exar Kun is not shown to ever use such a weak, standard attack as lightning.

I don't see how you can be so certain about Yoda, who was only a few hairs better than ROTS Sidious.

And I don't see how you can be certain of Vodo.

And of course ROTS Sidious wasn't toying with Yoda, but what does that have to do with anything?

the fight between Vodo and Exar says nothing on Vodo his skills seeing as he died when Exar became serious. So you can't judge him on that fight.

and absence of proof is not proof of absence so perhaps Yoda did know all those things he didn't fight a lot now did he. Battle Meditation was still known to Sidious and others apparantly, if the Sith knew it, it stands to reason the Jedi knew it as well. Considering the fact that the Sith most likely remembered it from the last war and they were facing Jedi in that war.

But still who cares, there is nothing to really make Vodo more powerful then Yoda or vice versa, if anything there is more evidence supporting Yoda because we know more about him and yet still you claim that Vodo > Yoda. Why?

vpokdekjyafmidp
love you IKC

tdtd
IKC makes good points about Ear Kun but he's a little too biased with the characters of the sith wars.

IKC
You're the one that brought up how Vodo was beaten easily when Exar, a far greater Sith than ROTS Sidious, stopped toying with him. I submitted that Yoda would have been tooled as well.

What point were you trying to make in bringing that up?

Actually, we can judge his skills very well. He confronted Exar, the Dark Lord of the Sith, armed with a stick. He must have had great confidence in his combat skills, which the narrator describes in his first fight with Exar as a padawan as honed through "long experience."

He was the most respected Jedi of a martial time period, a time period when Jedi commonly wore battle armor and comprised a good deal of Republic military forces. A time period where Jedi display greater use of the Force than what is displayed in the PT.

The PT cannot compare.

So if he knew all those things then he's an idiot and didn't use them, hm? So he'd prefer to go into exile and let the galaxy suffer under twenty some-odd years of oppression rather than use some of these OJO Force powers that would've knocked Sidious flat on his ass?

Good job, Yoda.

Bullshit. Yes, Sidious knew battle meditation. Sidious also knew that he was a Sith. Did the Jedi know that too? What a stupid theory you've come up with - that the Sith and Jedi know all the same things.

And their last war was 1000 years ago, even before Yoda was born. After the war, the Jedi believed the Sith to be extinct. So where's the proof, Fishy?

Have you read my posts? I recommend you go over them again.

Hello Friend
You didn't have to link, but you should have at least posted some proof when I asked for it.

Thanks IKC

IKC
Originally posted by Hello Friend
You didn't have to link, but you should have at least posted some proof when I asked for it.

Thanks IKC

Huh?

Fishy
He's talking to vkopodpoasdjfkajsd;lkaj;dgf jafgaks (third post on the page)

Hello, try using the quote function next time saves us a lot of confusion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.