Dr. Doom (week prep) vs Dr. Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

samishe
So?

grey fox
Wheres Lp when you need him .....

who?-kid
Strange would win, but this fight is unfair : a week prep for Doom, and nothing for Strange ?

Wally West
Doom wins this if he has all that prep and Strange has none.

LordKaos
If the battle is entirely magic than Strange doesn't need prep time he's like a spell encyclopedia.

spideycarnage
strange will still beat DOOM

Tony Stark
You guys are forgeting that DOOM came in a close 2nd to Strange in that sorcery contest... If DOOM gets a week prep Strange is dead...PERIOD...

It's a 50-50 fight to begin with at the very worst... and DOOM probably gets the advantage... IMO

The Ion
Didn't Doom cheat in the sorcery contest?

chris_64256
Second means your the first loser strange is the supreme master..

jasofisc
a week will give doom time to find a lot of artfacts that will tip it to his advantage and if doom attacks stange in his sleep that would also help.

Maestro
Dooms a bit overrated in the magic department to be honest, hes good but not on Stranges standards even w/prep. If you've ever read some of Dooms comics (annuals), before he finally rescued his mothers soul from mephisto, he would try using magic on the day of his mothers death annually to try and challenge demons sent by mephisto, in exchange of beating them, he would get his mothers soul back. Let me add these were normal standard demons, and Doom never managed to defeat any of them, also having a year prep before fighting them, as it was a annual thing. Then to rub salt in the wound, he resorted to asking Strange for assistance, and what was the result?, Doom finally saved his mothers soul from mephisto.

Argument ended, no need for longpig smile

K Von Doom
Originally posted by The Ion
Didn't Doom cheat in the sorcery contest?

Wouldn't the Vishanti have stepped in if they felt Doom had an unfair advantage?

The Ion
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Wouldn't the Vishanti have stepped in if they felt Doom had an unfair advantage?
Hell I dunno. I didn't read it myself. Someone, pretty respected, on this forum mentioned Doom cheated and that's all I know about it.

demigawd
Yeah, Doom built all kinds of tech to analyze and reproduce spells he saw during the contest. So all the stuff he did was because of the tech he was using - not because of actual magic ability.

As a sorcerer, he's not the second best. Or the third best. Or even top ten. In fact, most of his sorcery feats involve the use of someone else's work - deals with demons, special limbo armor, etc. Nothing of his own.

Strange 10/10 without prep

Strange 9/10 with prep for Doom. Doom gets the one win by selling his soul to demons and then ambushing Strange like he did in Unthinkable.

Mider
meh im glad he finally got his mom back anyway yeah he does lose against Dr Strange especially if he cant even take on normal every day demons with a year of prep while strange takes on dormammu with little prep.

Wally West
This is ridiculous. If Doom wasn't one of the world's best sorcerers he wouldn't have even heard the call for the magic tournament in Triumph and Torment, and he removes some of his tech before the contest starts, its only the tech inside his mask that helps him but he is still shown to be very capable, and after that he gets months of training under Strange himself to increase his magic power.

And since this isn't a purely magic battle Doom has a great chance, going back to Triumph and Torment there is a part where Strange is trapped by Mephisto and he says that his own power will not free him, so what does? Doom's tech, it manages to break Mephisto's magic where Strange couldn't. In Infinity Gauntlet Doom is about to waste Strange before Adam Warlock shows up after a surprise attack on his mansion.

With a weeks prep and Strange getting none, Doom wins at least 7/10.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Wally West
This is ridiculous. If Doom wasn't one of the world's best sorcerers he wouldn't have even heard the call for the magic tournament in Triumph and Torment, and he removes some of his tech before the contest starts, its only the tech inside his mask that helps him but he is still shown to be very capable, and after that he gets months of training under Strange himself to increase his magic power.

And since this isn't a purely magic battle Doom has a great chance, going back to Triumph and Torment there is a part where Strange is trapped by Mephisto and he says that his own power will not free him, so what does? Doom's tech, it manages to break Mephisto's magic where Strange couldn't. In Infinity Gauntlet Doom is about to waste Strange before Adam Warlock shows up after a surprise attack on his mansion.

With a weeks prep and Strange getting none, Doom wins at least 7/10.

DOOM gets little respect on this forum which is complete B.S. Ask any hero which of earth's villians they would most likely not want to fight it will be DOOM 99.9% of the time...

You are 100% correct... In the Book of DOOM that was past tense (young) DOOM not anywhere near current DOOM... If you you've ever read any FF you'd have seen the issuse (I'll get the #) where DOOM captures The FF and throws Reed in his library of sorcerary and magic spells and it's literally a room with books 25ft high and 100 ft long by 60ft (guess) wide choke fulll of books that DOOM has all memorized and tells Reed that his intelligence is nothing compared to his because he's got all the math and shit + all this magic too and Reeds not smart enough to understand any of this stuff because his brain doesn't work that way...and doesn't much believe in magic... DOOM was of course mocking him...

DOOM is much more than the #2 sorcerer (which he is) and all his tech he's a Beyonder's power stealing madman...

DOOM kills Strange literally with 1 week prep to none...

And still may do it with none himself...

manjaro
Read FF:1234..he got pwned....Doom is dead to me. he could have all the prep til the freakin cows come home. Strange has thawrted the likes of Dormammu, and Baron Mordo, and galactus on the fly

Tron
Originally posted by chris_64256
Second means your the first loser strange is the supreme master..

Actually, it means you're the last... roll eyes (sarcastic)

K Von Doom
One week prep? Doom goes back in time and steamrolls Strange while he was just a doctor.

demigawd
Originally posted by manjaro
Read FF:1234..he got pwned....Doom is dead to me. he could have all the prep til the freakin cows come home. Strange has thawrted the likes of Dormammu, and Baron Mordo, and galactus on the fly

Agreed. Doom's abilities are in his prep, but in the world of magic, he needs A LOT more than a week to take down the likes of Strange. Like the other poster said, he had YEARS of prep and couldn't beat a minor demon. Strange took legions of them down with 0 prep.

Strange beats 10 Dooms.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by demigawd
Agreed. Doom's abilities are in his prep, but in the world of magic, he needs A LOT more than a week to take down the likes of Strange. Like the other poster said, he had YEARS of prep and couldn't beat a minor demon. Strange took legions of them down with 0 prep.

Strange beats 10 Dooms.

umm... Doom knows Strange bests him in magic so why would he try to use magic to beat Strange?

Years of prep? Like he devoted ALL his time in that battle? He wouldn't have appeared in any comic if he did.

demigawd
Originally posted by K Von Doom
umm... Doom knows Strange bests him in magic so why would he try to use magic to beat Strange?

Years of prep? Like he devoted ALL his time in that battle? He wouldn't have appeared in any comic if he did.

What else is Doom going to do to Strange? Blast him with his gauntlet? laughing out loud

Doom's only chance is doing what he did in Unthinkable and ambush Strange, after making deals with lots of demons.

Considering Doom's mother's soul was at stake, I'd imagine he would put quite a bit of effort into beating the minor demon over the years to get her out....

K Von Doom
Originally posted by demigawd
What else is Doom going to do to Strange? Blast him with his gauntlet? laughing out loud

Doom's only chance is doing what he did in Unthinkable and ambush Strange, after making deals with lots of demons.

Considering Doom's mother's soul was at stake, I'd imagine he would put quite a bit of effort into beating the minor demon over the years to get her out....

ermm.... yes 99.9% of his time was spent planning for that battle. The other 0.1% of his time was spent studying science and magic, experimenting, plotting to take over the world, trying to beat the FF and other heroes, running a country, participating in intercompany crossovers.. etc. Wow, if only he'd devoted all his time to science. He'd be god now. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes. He'd blast Strange with his gauntlet because Doom usually just overpowers his enemies roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wynndar
Ur totally right....but no....no blasts...probably beat him with a good bear hug or hit him in the head with a good sized rock.

long pig
Strange's history/time is protected. It's impossible to tamper with his past due to Strange's position of Earth's Sorcerer. A gift from Eternity.

Doom would fail to tamper with Strange's past if he tried to time travel to Strange's past.

Wally West
I don't know why people think its so unlikely Doom could take Strange out. Heres Doom playing possum and Strange getting knocked out by simply placing 1 finger on his armour:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/doomstrange.jpg

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Wally West
I don't know why people think its so unlikely Doom could take Strange out. Heres Doom playing possum and Strange getting knocked out by simply placing 1 finger on his armour:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Ixion83/doomstrange.jpg

I can hear all the DOOM dismissers saying...

"Ya but...Ya but...Ya but... Awwww shit never mind.

But Dr. Fate................................

Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.