Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kamikz
Hello everyone.

MGS 3 Subsistence is coming out in march (14 for me) and I personally think this will be an awesome game. Being able to play MGS online is a dream coming true.
So I had some questions.

What is it that is needed to be able to play it online and where can I buy that? (Considering that you play on the PS2).

Who is going to buy it?

IcePunk
You can play online, I always wanted to do that in MGS smile

So I'm probably gonna buy it, when is the release date?

kamikz
I think it is march 14. Do you know what you need to buy to be able to play on the internet? (Cause it is to PS2).

JToTheP
I'm all over it, got the limited edition pre-ordered

4 discs comin my way big grin

kamikz
Awesome, where did you order it from?

And the network adaptor (the thing that make's you able to play PS2 games on the internet), is that included or do you have to buy it seperatly? Cause I don't know where to get it.

Tekno Boy
kamikz, search around on Amazon.com or something, there's bound to be one somewhere.

Hold on, JToTheP. Did you say 4 discs. Last I heard it was 3. What's on these discs, pray tell...

kamikz
The first disc includes Metal Gear 3 Snake Eater, the whole game plus all the old features and a new camera, you can choose to see Snake from any angle you want, this will be awesome.

The second disc is extended Metal Gear. Things like online playing, secret theater mode and both the 2 old Metal Gear games.

The third is videos and extra features like intreviews, all videos and new scenes and stuff.

I though there were only 3 too. Well anyway, thanks for the tip, I'll check at Amazon. Do they ship to Sweden?

Tekno Boy
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a minute. What about the 4th disc?

I think they probably do ship to Sweden.

kamikz
Mabey it was just a typo, cause I looked at the main site and it only shows 3 discs.

jk5000
yes i have been looking forward to this game for a while... i already play games like chaos theory online but this will be a dream come true
....... one problem. i live in scotland up in britain. and the little county that i live in doesnt have a GAME or gamestation or virgin megastores only woolworths and oor little local shop...(its really cool). so what time does it hit UK shores

Tekno Boy
I've checked Amazon.co.uk and it looks like it will arrive here on June 30th

Stalker 360
there is 4 disc if you preodred the limted editon 1 its metal gear saga

Tekno Boy
So there is a 4th disc! What's on it?

JToTheP
Originally posted by Stalker 360
there is 4 disc if you preodred the limted editon 1 its metal gear saga

Disc 1:MGS3: SE/Subsistance online
Disc 2:Metal Gear 1 & MG 2, First time in America
*LE pre-order excusive*
Disc 3: Snake Eater cut-scenes into 3 hour movie

*pre-order bonus*
Disc 4:Metal Gear Saga Volume 1, 35-Minute documentary about the entire series coming to become what it is now

*If we love MG Saga, they will do a 2nd Volume, hense the name Volume 1*

Snake_15
I didn't know there was a 4th disc either, but yeah were did you order this disc's from?...see I have played all of the Metal Gear games and passed them too....but unfortunately I lost them or broke them...and I am trying to buy them all again....oh and have you guys heard of Metal Gear 4 that game is going to be the best...I cant wait until it comes out and you know I am going to buy the PS3 who's with me?.....

Stalker 360
im with you kinda old news but awsome game none the less

kamikz
Does anyone know when Subsistence hits Europe???

Forget_The_Past
Originally posted by kamikz
Does anyone know when Subsistence hits Europe???

september for brits, dont' know about rest of europe.

IGN gives it 9.8/10 eek!

I would post the link but I can't

JToTheP
I'll be online once I get it big grin

Big_Bo$$
so yeah, if you didn't get the limited edition, no biggie. but if you can get hands on one, go for it. smile

Kaithen
Well Kamikz, i gotta play with U!

kamikz
Yup, too bad I don't know the release date of the game. I've heard about October. mad thumb down

Tekno Boy
Any updates on when the game is being released?

JToTheP
I doubt Subsistance will be in Europe until at least September.

It's alright guys, maybe they were hammering out all the ****in lag and garbage the US/Japanese versions' online has. big grin

kamikz
Hmm, in one of the stores near me it has a countdown from 30th of June.

Tekno Boy
And exactly where IS the Hearth of Meduna?

MadMel
Originally posted by Tekno Boy
eer

Tekno Boy
Don't look at me like that, MadMel. I'm just asking Kamikz where he said MGS3S was coming out.

IcePunk
Meduna?? confused

kamikz
Originally posted by Tekno Boy

Lol. That's the last city in Jagged Alliance 2, which is a game. stick out tongue

Tekno Boy
Oh. Then, where is this store that has this countdown for June 30th?
In other words, Where do you really live? You could just say England or America or wherever if you want.

Tekno Boy
http://uk.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/mgs3subsistence/similar.html?mode=versions

DarthSidiouss
metal gear is an awesome game. 10/10

kamikz
I live in Sweden. Anyway, it was wrong, it says 1st September now.

Infinity
lol guys i got it on march 14th 2006..:s this is odd

kamikz
Yeah that's because you live in America. DAMN!!!! Why? Why must we get translations and shit, why??? no

Infinity
lol smile im from canada ..

kamikz
Yeah, which lies in America. You gotta send me a copy man. stick out tongue

kamikz
Well it has finally been released in Europe now, bought it today. It's damn fun, anyone else have it or planning on getting it? Btw, MadMel, do you have this? Cause I played against someone named MadMel...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.