What is your favorite quote from SW?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

locuasohappy
what is you favorite quote from star wars?
Mine is "Come to me my son"-Darth Vader
"Focus on the moment, feel dont think, use your instincts"-Qui-Gon Jinn
and "Remember Luke, the force will be with you....always"-Obi-1

General G
I think this has been done in the prequel thread, but i will posy anyways.

"Army or not, you must realise, you ARE doomed" General Grievous (emphasis on are, and it is also cool the way he says doomed)

"Your faith in your friends is yours!" Darth Sidious (the way he turns around and looks at Luke, the disgusted look on his face is awesome)

General G
HA! I found it! happy

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t349568.html

locuasohappy
get out while you still can,
"Once you down the path of the dark side for ever will it dominate your destiny"-Yoda

Tangible God
"What's the use of havin' a reward if you ain't around to use it? Besides, attacking that battle station isn't my idea of courage. It's more like... suicide."

And what's with the unrelated poll?

willman
mine is "there must be a million threads with THIS title"

locuasohappy
"Dont lecture me obi-won, i see thrue the lies of the jedi, i do not fear the dark side as you do. I have brought peace, justice and security to my new empire."-Darth Vader/Anakin

Arker
Originally posted by willman

Darth Subjekt
"Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design." - Emporer; ROTJ

"I know you would...I can feel your anger...it makes you stronger, gives you focus." - Palps - ROTS

"OB1....may the force be with you" ( the last true words ANAKIN spoke to his FRIEND.)

"I find you lack of faith disturbing." Vader

The Overmaster
"You will pay the price for your lack of vision!"~Palps RotJ

"Young fool. Only now, at the end, do you understand."~Palps RotJ

"By now you must know your father can never be turned from the Dark Side. So will it be with you."~Palps RotJ

Ok, pretty much every single word palps said in RotJ are my favorite quotes.

Tangible God
Palps kicked ass.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt

"I know you would...I can feel your anger...it makes you stronger, gives you focus." - Palps - ROTS

id like to switch that around...i didnt realize that i typed it backwards....

"...gives you focus...makes your stronger."

sorry bout that sad embarrasment sad

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by General G
I think this has been done in the prequel thread, but i will posy anyways.

"Army or not, you must realise, you ARE doomed" General Grievous (emphasis on are, and it is also cool the way he says doomed)

"Your faith in your friends is yours!" Darth Sidious (the way he turns around and looks at Luke, the disgusted look on his face is awesome) i thought he said "Your faith and your friends". It makes more sense. but heck i can be wrong

Darth Subjekt
no he say "in"...like Luke has faith in his friends to deactivate the shield and blow up the DS. So it makes more sense that way. Thats why he was saying stuff like "I assure you, we're quite safe from your friends here." Cause luke had faith in them to get the job done.

stormtrooper501
"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

Blaxican_Jedi
every line Vader says in the OT.

Kabia
Originally posted by willman

JaehSkywalker
pretty ^ yeah, that

and everything Obi-wan said big grin

Sesse
"Fighters coming in".

kamikz
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
i thought he said "Your faith and your friends". It makes more sense. but heck i can be wrong

No it doesen't. Luke says, "You're overconfidens is you're weakness". And Palps replys, "And your faith in your friends is yous". So that Luke's fate was his weakness makes no sense.

Maikahyandowen
"Mine! Mine! Mine!"

Nactous
"Do, or do not, there is no try."
"Sister, so you have a twin sister. If you will not turn than perhaps she will."
"What is thy bidding my Master?"

Crease
"I can feeeel your angar...It gives you focussss...makes you strongar"- Palpatine to Anakin after revealing he's the Sith Lord

"The foss is strooong with you" I stole that one from another poster

Tangible God
foss?

Jedi Priestess
"For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times. Before the Empire."

Council#13
yeah, that one is super cool

Tangible God
"You can't win Baby, if you strike me down I shall become a tad more powerful than you could possibly imagine when you're having a relatively bad day, when your imagination is at a low."

darth vraya
Yoda. 800 years makes ya pretty damn wise

adan
"I am your father" -Darth Vader

Red Superfly
"God you look freakin ugly"

Anakin talking to Padme on the balcony in ROTS.

Blue450Rider
"You turned her against me!"

"You will not taker her from me!"

And as said before...

"Your overconfidence is your weakness."

"Your faith in your friends is yours."

DarthBanevv
Originally posted by locuasohappy
"Dont lecture me obi-won, i see thrue the lies of the jedi, i do not fear the dark side as you do. I have brought peace, justice and security to my new empire."-Darth Vader/Anakin Hey, that's my sig. cool

DarthBanevv
Here's some of mine. "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy..And we shall have, peace." "Commander Cody. The time has come. Execute order 66" "Always looking ahead, to the future, the horizon. Never his mind on where he was, hmm, what he was doin'!" "You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. Bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness."

Tangible God
"We must move quickly, the Jedi are relentless. If they are not all destroyed, it will be civil war without end."

FistOfThe North
In the original Ep. 3 trailer when Palpatine just goes "Every single Jedi, is now an enemy of the Republic." and the scenes that went along with it while he was saying it, like the temple burning, Yoda opening his eyes, and chewie roaring..Obi Wan looking up with his hood on.

Rampant ox
The best quote would have to be from Eplll. I think this is how it goes:
Hand me your lightsabers.We dont want to make a mess of things in front of the chancellor.

FistOfThe North
Doesn't he say, "You swords please.." But otherwise, a good line, i thought it purely showed his foppish arrogance.

FistOfThe North
"Your swords please." is what i meant to type. Thought I'd beat the grammar and spelling Nazis to it.

Rampant ox
Dooku isnt arrogant he just has so much skill he doesnt need to fight unworthys like Anakin and Obi-Wan. He knew he won before the fight even started and in the small chance he did lose he thought Palps had his back.

FistOfThe North
No, he was arrogant. He underestimated the 2 and got killed, the 3 of them, including Palps, and he paid for it with his life.

Rampant ox
Its not that he underestimated them its more that he didnt need to go all out to win because he wasnt meant to kill Anakin. Anakin caught him off guard but the Count didnt care thinking that Palps would help him. The next few secoonds of the movie make me to sad to put in writing.

Tangible God
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
"Your swords please." is what i meant to type. Thought I'd beat the grammar and spelling Nazis to it. Damn, I would've looked forward to it.

And yes Ox, Dooku was an arrogant, pompous prick.

Rampant ox
OK Dooku may have been arrogant bu the had good reason to be. He was arguably the best duellist of his time. I dont like the word pompous either. i prefer classy or sophisticated.

mikester
i like "execute order 66"

JaehSkywalker
>>everything<<

except crappy padme and anakin lines... big grin

J.M FcThumbs-Up

coolmovies
How can u forget the main quote

May the force be with you ...

overlord
Oh, that's just cheesy now.

Lighthammer
From the prequels its Execute Order 66. That always gives me chills. Its one of those movie moments were youjust feel entirely helpless, knowing whats going to happen, but you can't do anything to stop it.
From the originals and overall itsfrom my favorite scene, when Piett goes intensify foward fire power. and the other guy goes. Too late! just as the A-Wing crashes into the SD.

Velkyn
favorite for me in OT is from Han Solo -
Well, you can forget your troubles with those Imperial slugs. I told you I'd outrun 'em.

Don't everyone thank me at once.

from PT (and this should make rampant ox happy heh)
Anakin - My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count.
Dooku - Good. Twice the pride, double the fall.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Velkyn

from PT (and this should make rampant ox happy heh)
Anakin - My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count.
Dooku - Good. Twice the pride, double the fall.

big grin

I also like "Just because there are two of you do not assume you have the advantage". GL was a f*ckin &@!%$$ to cut that from the movie.

willman
ANH
"they must have hidden the plans in the escape pod, send an attachment down to retrieve it, se to it personally commander"

"But i was going to the tashi station to pick up some power converters"

ESB
"Why you stuck up, scruffy looking nerf-hearder!"
"WHOS scruffy lookin?"

luke- "noooooooooooooooooo" (weird mouth lol)

ROTJ
Jabba- "huh huh huh huh"

"Boba fett, where?"

"Weesa freee!"

coolmovies
I am a jedi like my father before me

Blue_Hefner
"You want this don't you?"

Emperor Paplatine, lol.

Luke:" Hey! What're you doing back there?"

C-3PO jumps out startled.

Yoda:"Size matters not"

Tangible God
OT: Vader-- "Now you know what it feels like to be black."

PT: Palaptine-- "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilties some consider to be, unnatural."

Velkyn
Originally posted by Rampant ox
big grin

I also like "Just because there are two of you do not assume you have the advantage". GL was a f*ckin &@!%$$ to cut that from the movie.

I know it isn't necessarily canon... but that line is in the movie game, at least.

vintageSW77
"BRING MY SHUTTLE"
Vader sounds deeply pissed

Darth Vegas
"Now, young Skywalker..........you will die."

"He is as clumsy as he is stupid."

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

"Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!"

"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."

vintageSW77
"never"

"you....like your father are now..mine"

"it is too late for me,son"

Darth Vegas
"I am a Jedi like my father before me."

Quinlan_Vos
"Around the survivors, a perimeter create!"

- Yoda

"I am your father."

- Darth Vader

"I am not part of the dark, simply deeper into the shadows."

- Quinlan Vos

lord_radar1
"Don't try to scare us with your sourcerers way Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion hasn't helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes or claravoyance enough to locate the rebels hidden fort . . . (choking sound)."

"If this is a consular ship, where is the Ambassador?"

"You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor. Take her away."

"Commander, tear this ship apart until you've found those plans! And bring me the passengers, I want them alive!."

I guess I liked that scene.geek

"I will take full responsibility and apologize to Lord Vader.

Apology accepted."

Too many more to post.

vintageSW77
Well i watched the original 1983 ROTJ last night( YUB YUB )and ill have to say ALL the Emperors lines are worth the nod,

vintageSW77
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=408989&pagenumber=10#post7470162

not related to this post but this is the most popular SW post here at present so....
we got some ROTJ bashing goin on for those who are interested in expressing an opinion

SpaceMonkey
"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
Yoda

coolmovies
You where the choosen one !!!!!!!!!!!!!

amity75
My favourite quote is "He's my brother" And that's because it'd the last ever line in a SW movie yet not a lot of people know that.

vintageSW77
Anyone notice Leias evil Palpatine style laugh RIGHT at the end of the ORIGINAL version of JEDI before the credits roll ???
Check it out.........

Up In Flames
"The force is strong with you... a powerful sith you will become"

"henceforth, you shall be known as Darth Vader... Rise"

I get goosebumps every time I watch that scene.

"Failed I have. Into exile I must go"

"Begun, the war has"

Darth Martin
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa"-Darth Vader-TESB

Ogami Itto
Originally posted by amity75
My favourite quote is "He's my brother" And that's because it'd the last ever line in a SW movie yet not a lot of people know that.

Sadly that isn't the case anymore

"wweeessaaa fffrreeeeeeee!!" is the last line! Damn You Lucas!!! sick

the Vader/Veers conversation in ESB ius my favorite

"what is it general?"etc etc especially the "He is as clumsy as he is stupid "

Tangible God
"You have failed me for the last time Admiral. Captain Piett, make ready to land our troops beyond their energy field and deploy the fleet so that nothing gets off the system. You are in command Admiral Piett."

General G
Luke: Your overconfidence is your weakness

Emperor: Your faith in your friends is yours!

I love the way Sidious says that line, I get goosebumps everytime I hear that line.

BornToRule
"you flew in that thing? your braver then i thought"

MEDVOCK
"From the beginning, we have been manipulated."

"Sleep. All life is a dream"

"It was, as I've heard humans say, a 'close shave'."

"Less conversation. More practise"

"Here we go again"

All from Kit Fisto.

EPIIIBITES
"I'm a person and my name is Anakin!"

msn-tongue

No, really...

Obi-Wan: Who's the more foolish...the fool, or the fool who follows it?

Totally pwns Han .

queeq
Originally posted by MEDVOCK
"From the beginning, we have been manipulated."

"Sleep. All life is a dream"

"It was, as I've heard humans say, a 'close shave'."

"Less conversation. More practise"

"Here we go again"

All from Kit Fisto.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! EU ALERT!@!!!!

I have two:
I want that ship commander, not excuses.

and

The Force is with you, young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet.

Röland
Don't fail me again, Admiral. - Vader

Decide you must what to serve them best. If you leave now, help them you could but you would destroy all for which they have fought and suffered. - Yoda

Laugh it up, fuzzball. - Han

Antaeus
Yoda to Luke: "You must unlearn what you have learned"
Obi Wan: "That is not a moon it is a space station"
Luke: "The force is strong in my family - my father has it, I have it and my sister has it"

Probably a lot more:
Darth Vader, Han Solo and Sidious have some good ones too - Vader has the best voice of them all.

RedAlertv2
"Well dont everybody thank me at once"

coolmovies
Luke ; I hit !!

Han solo Great kid dont get cocky !!

queeq
Apology accepted... captain Needa. (the timing of that line was excellent )

RedAlertv2
"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force."

RedAlertv2
Lets face it. Anything Vader says is instantly badass.

queeq
In the OT that is.

coolmovies
Use the force Luke ! A very heart warming line

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.