Computer Usage/Storage/Whatever it's called.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

powerfulone1987
Is there a limit to the number of games that you can install on your computer before you computer can't handle it anymore because of all the games taking up space and taking up other essential "material/space/whatever" that is needed to managa other things?

If this is true, what's the average number of games that a computer can take and what are the symptoms of a compute rwith too many installed games.

And if this is true and is a problem, how do yall deal with it. B/c I know you don't go out and buy and new Laptop/Computer b/c your other one is too full to take anymore.

Thanks.

is it comprehensible.....

Tptmanno1
I only really play one game at a time, so I delete the other ones when it gets too full, I can always re-install...

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
I only really play one game at a time, so I delete the other ones when it gets too full, I can always re-install... but when you uninstall don't you lose your gaming information for the game that you uninstalled?

Mišt
Harddrives, just go buy a new one when your other one gets full.

powerfulone1987

H. S. 6
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
but when you uninstall don't you lose your gaming information for the game that you uninstalled?

Most of the time, you will be asked, as you're uninstalling, if you wish to delete the files along with the game.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Most of the time, you will be asked, as you're uninstalling, if you wish to delete the files along with the game.
oh,ok, and then when you want to play with your saved files again, you just install the game again and you're right back where you were before you uninstalled the game?

Refused
You can save a saved file just in case you think you might play it later after you uninstall. I usually uninstall and save all my game save files into a folder. The one game that stays on my comp is Half Life/Counter Strike cos it's a necessity to me.

El_NINO
This is sorta a weird question because you do have options.

1) When you decide to untinstall a game, the uninstall program will ask you if you want to delete your game files.

2) If for whatever reason you find your harddrive space becomming full because of PC games, you can always put a bigger sized one in. (NOTE: you dont need a professional to install a Harddrive)

To answer your question about "space" being lost due to other resources used by your PC, yes it is true that you lose it even if you dont install anything or save anything. If you take a snapshot at your C: drive and then take a snap shot later you may notice that you have lost a tiny bit of your space.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by El_NINO
This is sorta a weird question because you do have options.

1) When you decide to untinstall a game, the uninstall program will ask you if you want to delete your game files.

2) If for whatever reason you find your harddrive space becomming full because of PC games, you can always put a bigger sized one in. (NOTE: you dont need a professional to install a Harddrive)

To answer your question about "space" being lost due to other resources used by your PC, yes it is true that you lose it even if you dont install anything or save anything. If you take a snapshot at your C: drive and then take a snap shot later you may notice that you have lost a tiny bit of your space.
It's not a weird question, especially if there's answers to it, which you're providing some.

And your last statement kind of is confusing to me.

Thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.