Who should have played Spiderman from the very begging.\!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vladimir
http://sliders.covers.de/Bilder/JerryOConnell/jerry24.jpg

this guy should have played spiderman. he would have made the best spidey ever from the very begining. Tobey messed it up! think about it. Doesnt he look like the perfect spiderman? perfect peter parker?

NoFate007
Except the fact that he's like 30...doesn't look like he could be a dork...

I see him more as a Captain America.

SpyCspider
yea dont' strike me as "puny parker" either...neck's too massive

although i think Tobey should start ditching the stereotypical nerd look by SM3. Peter totally doesn't look like a geek anymore in later Spidey comics...especially during the 80s McFarlane era.

Vladimir
he is a little older, but hey 4 years ago he would have been perfect, how old is tobey dude? he is pretty old too.. I think that he is too boring to watch.. i always seen this guy as spierman.. i always did.. think about it, picture him in th movie. he is perfec for the role.

Vladimir
another pic of him

Vladimir
this is how peter looks in the cartoon and o'connel is perfect for this role in the movie.

Vladimir
does anyone know? Was jerry ever consdired to play spidey at all?

Vladimir
"Meanwhile, the list of potential love interests grows for Dunst. The actress' real-life love interest, Jake Gyllenhaal, had been named as a potential replacement to fill Spidey's tights if Maguire was unable to go back to work. Now, another contender has entered the arena. According to E! Online Movie Scoop columnist Anderson Jones, Jerry O'Connell could be up for a spot in Spider-Man 2 as a competitor, not a replacement, for Dunst's affections. "

As u can see i was right. I prefered o'connel way before i read this. I preffered him from the very beggining. As u can see the director thought so too.. but damn tobey had to come back.. bastard...

and tobey was born in 1975 and o'connel was born in 1974 not a big difference.!

Knightfall93
He ooks more Flash-y than pete-y... How the hell does he look anywhere near right?

NoFate007
Yeah but the actual age of an actor doesn't matter, its what they look like. Andy Milonakis, look at him. He's in his 30s and he based a semi-successful show off the fact that he looks like a 10 year old lol.

LousyBoy
Hahah... Tobey is 30 right now while filiming SM3. The only other options i could envision would be Jake Gyllenhaal or... replacing Tobey for Topher Grace to carry on the Venom story in the movies.

atharpina
Andy Milonakis is 30? That's insane!

I like Tobey for Spiderman. He's nerdy in a cute way. Awkward looking enough to be a nerd and good looking enough to count. Jerry McConnel is in no way geeky looking enough to be made fun of and have it believable.

StinkFist462
i always thought Topher Grace would have been a good spidey. then here he comes as Venom. weird.

Knightfall93
Let's just stick with Tobey. That O'Cnnell guy would SUCK as a nerd...

Saint87
tOBY IS THE BEST SPIDEY THAT COULD EVER BE JUST LOOK
http://www.alaph.com/spiderman/pictures/cartoon/peter.gif

http://www.kristenimig.com/tearsheets/a2l.jpg

LIKE THE SAME MAN

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Vladimir

this guy should have played spiderman. he would have made the best spidey ever from the very begining. Tobey messed it up! think about it. Doesnt he look like the perfect spiderman? perfect peter parker? Hottie!!!!notworthyOriginally posted by NoFate007

I see him more as a Captain America. Captin America is blonde and more buff. This guy has a way to go.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by NoFate007

I see him more as a Captain America.

Yeah he would defenetely have been too old for the role Vladimer.Somebody that they should have chose instead though over the terriblle Tobey Mcguire is David Lasher.He would have been perfect.

Mr Parker
this is how peter looks in the cartoon and o'connel is perfect for this role in the movie.

yeah but you got to Vladimer that those cartoons were set while he was in college.The first film he was still in high school so that guy would not have worked.However that one actor I mentioned David Lasher would have been a good choice.He looked High school age.especially in 2002.

CaptainStoic
Tobey is the best Spiderman, it's MJ that I'm concerned about. In the 80's MJ was designed to look more like Cindy Crawford seen here:
http://www.voodoo.cz/cc/swim/CCS008.JPG

Then again look who played the Kingpin in Daredevil.

CaptainStoic
Tobey has all of Peters imperfections, when I look at both Spiderman movies, I'm convinced that they are without a doubt, the best super hero movies so far. Spiderman 2 was given 5 out of 5 stars.

redcaped
Tobey is the best...Why? embarrasment He has the same expression as Peter Parker...scene when he's about to leap from roof top part 2.

Mr Parker
Tobey was a good peter parker but he wasnt a good spider-man.for a great character like spidey he has got to have a great voice and Tobeys voice is horrible. sick it makes you screech.

atharpina
Nah, Tobey's alright. He's cute, but a huge dork. Perfect for Peter Parker/Spiderman.

redcaped
He's the right voice just like mine...innocent and polite.

Yarr
The problem is that toby doesnt sound like parker should.

Theres something about it, but I just dont like that its Toby. I think its because I hate when "big names" are attached to a super hero. They should have gone with someone who was an unknown. Someone who would have worked his ass off to make it just perfect. When you get a big star playing the role, its like you see the actor "playing" the part and it just breaks down the illusion a little more.

atharpina
Tobey Maguire wasn't a big name at all. Some people STILL have no idea who you're talking about when you bring him up, even after doing two Spidermans.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by atharpina
Nah, Tobey's alright. He's cute, but a huge dork. Perfect for Peter Parker/Spiderman.

cute maybe,but hardly perfect for peter parker/spider-man.

carnageandvenom
i think he was a good actor

RUNMAN
My vote goes to ryan reynolds

Yarr
Originally posted by RUNMAN
My vote goes to ryan reynolds

Actually theres a Flash movie coming out and the big rumor going around is that he is the one signed to play the part. Assuming he will play Wally West, IMO he is a really good match.

RUNMAN
^ agreed

samishe
What's wrong with Maguire? I heard that firstly they wanted Dicaprio to be Spider-mansick

eddie_venom
Originally posted by StinkFist462
i always thought Topher Grace would have been a good spidey. then here he comes as Venom. weird.

You know...I thought Topher Grace would have made a better Spidey! Not sure how he will work as Venom though

systemshock2
Topher grace would've been a great choice. He almost looks like Tobey's brother. And another good choice would've been Elijah Wood. All three can easily pull off the geeky type look necessary for Peter Parker.

Susan-Storm

this guy should have played spiderman. he would have made the best spidey ever from the very begining. Tobey messed it up! think about it. Doesnt he look like the perfect spiderman? perfect peter parker?

big grin he couldn't pull off a geeky teenager..saying he should do the part is like saying zach braff should have (Then again he does remind me of a teenage...even if he is 31) ..it is just plain odd..that guy would look 19..when he was 19

ankur29
i think that franco harry osborn was going to play spidey but was too tall or summin so he didnt get the part, he woulld have made a better spidey but both are extremely scrawny

BlackC@
Jerry O'Connell did audition for Spider-Man. I'm SO glad he didn't get it, he would have been terrible. Tobey is an AWSOME choice for Spider-Man. He certainly lost the geek look in the first movie, pretty much after he finished high-school.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.