Could Harry have prevented Voldemort's Return?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Council#13
When Wormtail was taking Harry's blood, he said "Blood of the enemy, forcefully taken". Harry could have just stopped struggling and allowed his blood to be removed, right?

MistressofSnape
Possibly, that sounds about right.

Barker
I doubt that loophole would work. erm

Assuming it did, Voldie would have just tried again, or used another wizard, like Wormtail would have.

Tom was coming back either way.

Rapscallion
no it wouldn't work because even if he didn't struggle, he still wouldn't want his blood to be used and it would be taken against his will. The only way it would work would be if Harry slit his own wrist and willfully gave his blood to Voldemort, and that would just be stupid.

Thekid1
^good point

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Rapscallion
no it wouldn't work because even if he didn't struggle, he still wouldn't want his blood to be used and it would be taken against his will. The only way it would work would be if Harry slit his own wrist and willfully gave his blood to Voldemort, and that would just be stupid.

And probably even then, depending on how you choose to define "willfully," or "forcefully", it may not be valid, as Harry would surely not be willing to give his own blood; he was being forced to. erm

ladygrim
hmmm not really cuz if i know most people they dont like being hurt so if he 'agrees' u just grab him and go for the throat gross yes but forceably taken

tigress
hello he was bound immobilised, not to mentioned already traumatised at this point no way could he have prevented it an I odoubt he could have shot an effective AK the second he spotted voldie and ratface,

shaber
Not at the Third Task, but theoretically he might have allowed Wormtail to be killed in Prisoner of Azkaban. Voldemort could not see any way he could have returned in this contingency.

sammii
well theres a lot of thinhs Harry & the other characters could have prevented , but its part of the script lol so it has to happen

tigress
good point sammii, well when wb will actually stick to the plot theyre doin ok but I think they should be closer to the book

Emily_depp
like DD sed he will return no matter what happens

Knightfall93
I have to quote this line somewhere! DD isnt gone:
"I will oinly truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me"

Knightfall93
And no he couldnt because JK Rowling decided that Voldy returns

shaber
Dumbledore actually seems to be aware that he is in a book where matters are already written out.

Voldemort might be aware of this to a much more restricted extent when he talks about fate 'favouring' him at the Third Task.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.