Windows Media Player

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StinkFist462
ok. so last night i was watching Family Guy, i fell asleep with it on. no problems. no programs running in the background. wake up. family guy is still playing. then i try playing music then it slows down and starts skipping. i check Task Manager and my CPU usage is at 100% and WMP is at 153,000 under mem usage. i ran AVG and Microsoft Anti-Spyware. nothing comes up. i turned off my computer and the problem still happens.

and no, im not switching to iTunes or Winamp.

*edit* i checked microsofts updates and there are no available ones to download. so im not behind on updates.

dave123
Get foobar big grin

I recommend you turn it off for a few mins then try again...

Koala MeatPie
No, Nothing is wrong, It happened to me also a few times.

Just CRTL + ALT + DEL

And click on Processes and shut it down threw there.

StinkFist462
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
No, Nothing is wrong, It happened to me also a few times.

Just CRTL + ALT + DEL

And click on Processes and shut it down threw there.

its not that im trying to shut it off. all i do is listen to it basically. it just when i try to play it it slows down my computer, majorly. never happened before.

Koala MeatPie
Did you re-set your computer?

StinkFist462
i didnt do anything. i fell asleep, everything is fine. i wake up then all this happens.

Koala MeatPie
I mean scince.

Hit_and_Miss
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
I mean scince.
Originally posted by StinkFist462
i turned off my computer and the problem still happens.

Seems he has so he has cleared the ram since....

Personaly I would recomend Re-installing WMP...

StinkFist462
hmm. well nothing helped. i didn't reinstall. then i played it and the usual happened but the songs didnt skip. thats all i really cared about. then after a while my computer was running normal. so i checked the task manager and WMP is running normal. so i guess its fixed now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.