Kyle rayner versus Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chris_64256
Can the GL take out thor??

Spawnrules
duh

Scoobless
Originally posted by chris_64256
Can the GL take out thor??

No, Thor kicks his ass

The Ion
Originally posted by Spawnrules
duh
thumb up

kgkg
Thor wins

But good battle smile

the Darkone
KgKg my man, cosign ^^^

demigawd
Thor's magic crap will trump GL...

Spawnrules
nope kyle is like the best gl, whats thor gonna doe "godforce"

The Ion
Meh

Seriously I'd say 5/10. Edge to Thor if he decides to use Mjolnir for more than wacking stuff.

Scoobless
nope kyle is like the best gl, whats thor gonna doe "godforce"

that's one option... though caving the little guys head in with a big magic hammer also works

chris_64256
Ion what kind of strength sheild does rayner have?

The Ion
His shields are as strong as the writer wants them to be.

the Darkone
nope What the f**k? are you smoking kyle is like the best gl, whats thor gonna doe "godforce"

Hal Jordan and Alan Scott are the best GL, Thor hammer is more powerful tahn you think, what ever kylie throws at him Thor's hammer can absorb it and channel it back 1000 fold more powerful than the sender sent it. And one hit from the hammer can shatter kylies force filed, Thor would have a fight on his hands but thor is to experience for kylie in battle, Thor is to verstaile 7/10.

Spawnrules
Originally posted by the Darkone
Hal Jordan and Alan Scott are the best GL, Thor hammer is more powerful tahn you think, what ever kylie throws at him Thor's hammer can absorb it and channel it back 1000 fold more powerful than the sender sent it. And one hit from the hammer can shatter kylies force filed, Thor would have a fight on his hands but thor is to experience for kylie in battle, Thor is to verstaile 7/10.

not that easy pal

The Ion
There's no such thing as being too versatile for a Green Lantern. You can't think of a superpower out there Green Lantern hasn't exhibited in the past.

Spawnrules
Originally posted by The Ion
There's no such thing as being too versatile for a Green Lantern. You can't think of a superpower out there Green Lantern hasn't exhibited in the past.

thumb up

Scoobless

Freeze beam eyeblast?

The Ion
Originally posted by Scoobless
Freeze beam eyeblast?
They've frozen people before. They've altered reality before. They've performed soul absorptions before. Your Authority teamate was just saying The Doctor was limited only by the imagination of the person debating for him. GL is the exact same. big grin

Scoobless
They've frozen people before. They've altered reality before. They've performed soul absorptions before. Your Authority teamate was just saying The Doctor was limited only by the imagination of the person debating for him. GL is the exact same. big grin

but have they frozen people freeze with beams that come out of their eyes????.... or shot lightning bolts out of their arse?

stick out tongue

leonidas
someone was trying to be clever. they knew i love thor, and ion loves gl. trying to tear at the very fabric of the jlakmc!!

i'm glad ion gives a slight edge to thor, though. it would be a very good fight, but i'd lean towards thor as well.

sunnsabitches . . . we'll not be broken! the jlakmc will NEVER be broken!!!!!!

Scoobless
Originally posted by leonidas
someone was trying to be clever. they knew i love thor, and ion loves gl. trying to tear at the very fabric of the jlakmc!!

i'm glad ion gives a slight edge to thor, though. it would be a very good fight, but i'd lean towards thor as well.

sunnsabitches . . . we'll not be broken! the jlakmc will NEVER be broken!!!!!!
Thor's hammer shall rend thee in twain puny mortals!

chris_64256
I have heard nothing that makes me think thor can take kyle, so kyle is just going to stand there and let thor hammer him? What does thor have that can eliminate the versatility that kyle or any green Latern has..

soleran30
The problem is that even though Thor should win and use his hammer he is portrayed as an idiot brawler and because of that Kyle should get the win.

Thor with brains should beat Kyle but he never seems to use them so...........................GL 4 the win.

Mindship
I've always felt that the GLs were rarely, if ever, written to full potential. I mean, a GL should be godlike, especially with the "most powerful weapon in the universe." Parallax seems more like it. Against someone of this magnitude, neither Thor, or even SS would hold up for long. But against, Kyle: I give this to Thor, more often than not.

The Ion
Originally posted by Mindship
I've always felt that the GLs were rarely, if ever, written to full potential.
True but then again, neither is Thor. Thor would be nearly unstoppable if he used Mjolnir as more than a baseball bat.

Diunic
Now that's a real fight! I have to agree with soleran Thor always uses his muscles instead of combining them with his asgardian brain therefore he shall lose this. KR is too them powerful everybody knows how much. His power is limited only by his will force. On the other hand if we're talking about king Thor w/Odinforce, Thor wins 9/10.

chris_64256
Kyle doesn't have to go head to head.. Lots of indirect options. He could shrink himself down like The Atom, or make himself totally intangible, phase into a floor or something, and pump out constructs from hiding... And with an AI, he has access to other tricks, like planetary level time manipulation tricks, freezes and stuff... Or a Thanos like stasis cube used on Blood in Thunder Thor, like one GL tried using on Doomsday, and only failed because of the plot device evolution.

A GL ring definately has enough firepower to deal with someone on Thors physical level, since Hal was using a ring to take out Superman and Martian Manhunter, and not the Parallax power. Kyle may not be Hal, but he's pretty good in the willpower department.. Contained Ultraman, that Superman clone, for a good long while, for one. Made a small moon once, too.

Diunic
I remember that moon to replace the planet Pluto

Diunic
But against King thor i thin he loses at least 7/10.

chris_64256
Remember, the AI's a factor now.. This means auto FTL reflex's, auto shielding, protection from mortal wounds, and all the techniques the Oan computer can conjure up. This regular Thor....

Diunic
Regular Thor would lose almost always

soleran30
King thor beats him down thor not so much due ot versatility. King Thor is just retarded powerful.

chris_64256
No one said anything about King thor this is regular thor....

soleran30
do sometimes I am just stupid...............kyle like I said before easy.

JohnR
Thor wins at least 12/10. Kyle's cool and all, but let's be serious ... this is Thor. Thor is not the buffoon Busiek tried to convince everyone he is.

Thor has beaten Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Thanos, and Galactus. If he went up against Squirrel Girl this might be a fight, but Kyle? Um, whatever. Kyle was getting his butt handed to him from Major Force!

The Ion
Ahh yes, the old discount one persons low showing and highlight anothers trick. Good one. smile

Diunic
Regular Thor easily loses 9/10

JohnR
LOL. Kyle couldn't even beat Captain Marvel/Photon (whatever her code name was in JLA/Avengers). Thor took punches fron Superman and the Martian Manhunter at the same time.

O.K., maybe Thor can't beat Kyle 12/10, but it's got to be at least 11.5/10.

jrodslam
Originally posted by JohnR
LOL. Kyle couldn't even beat Captain Marvel/Photon (whatever her code name was in JLA/Avengers). Thor took punches fron Superman and the Martian Manhunter at the same time.

And Thor got owned by Firestorm. He took sample punches from Supes and Manhunter. When he got hit with the Thorbuster, his ass was ko'd.

Hit and Run
Originally posted by jrodslam
And Thor got owned by Firestorm. He took sample punches from Supes and Manhunter. When he got hit with the Thorbuster, his ass was ko'd.
Thor got owned by Firestorm the same way that Superman got owned by Thor- a sneak attack.

I doubt the blows Thor took were "sample punches" really, but JLA/Avengers isn't the best way to judge. It was written by someone who thought Hawkeye could beat Captain Atom with a few arrows and that Thor would run through Supes's heat vision rather than block it with his hammer.

And I don't now who would win, but Thor wouldn't win 10/10.

Juntai
Kyle is ION.
And he'd own Thor with an absent thought.

Diunic
UR right but only if is regular Thor.

Diunic
To compare ION w/ Thor you must do it w/ the most powerful Thor ever:RKT. Regular KR would win Thor but not even ION would win RKT

Juntai
Originally posted by Diunic
UR right but only if is regular Thor. It wouldn't matter what Thor it is against ION. Provided he's anywhere near as powerful as last time... and judging by what the Guardians were saying, he is.

Juntai
To compare ION w/ Thor you must do it w/ the most powerful Thor ever:RKT. Regular KR would win Thor but not even ION would win RKT ION>>RKT, imo. At least, like I said, if he's as powerful as last time. Which was Parallax level, possibly even greater. The power to create and destroy universes.

Diunic
Parallax never got this power you claim. He had to die to just to recreate earth's sun and that my friend RKT could do just by a effortless hand move.

AJ4LIFE
thor would destroy gl no prob hal would give him more of challenge
who is best lantern

leonidas
i'm guessing jun, that the threadmaker meant just regular -- non-ion -- kyle . . .

Juntai
Parallax never got this power you claim. He had to die to just to recreate earth's sun and that my friend RKT could do just by a effortless hand move. That was after Spectre drained him of power. Did you ever read Zero Hour? He was pouring a universe out of his fingertips on one hand, and battling some of the biggest names in DC with the other hand.

And making the sun isn't what killed him. Taking the Sun Eater into his being is. He chose that death for himself.

Juntai
i'm guessing jun, that the threadmaker meant just regular -- non-ion -- kyle . . . Probably not, but currently, Kyle is ION.

Diunic
ION is not in this thread

leonidas
but that isn't much of a match. does thor beat regular kyle?

Diunic
If he was he would be defeated

Diunic
I think regular KIle wins Regular Thor

Juntai
but that isn't much of a match. does thor beat regular kyle? Would probably depend on who decided to finish the fight first. Both of these character super versatile.

Diunic
because of Thor's brainless pep talks

AJ4LIFE
thor and kyle arent on same powerlevel thor has this in bag

Juntai
Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
thor and kyle arent on same powerlevel thor has this in bag How do you figure?

Diunic
I disagree reg Thor is less powerful than reg KR

Diunic
Reg KR once contained a Supernova within a money box man!!!!

Diunic
Reg Thor never did such a a feat.

AJ4LIFE
i have a book with thors abilities and he has amazing abilities

AJ4LIFE
i will put them here if have enough room

Juntai
i have a book with thors abilities and he has amazing abilities Yep, and so does a Green Lantern.

Diunic
Don't need to put Thor's abilites just show me when he did contained a supernova that 50.000.000 times more powerful than a sun.

AJ4LIFE
yeah but he can absorb energy etc and blast it back at gl, thor has so many abilities its stupid really, he cant stop a god, also he cant activate belt and double strength one hit and head is of

Diunic
In truth KR has the most powerful arm in the universe, actually more powerful than Mjolnir

roughrider
Wonder Man broke through any shield Kyle put in front of him; mjolnir will as well. If Kyle tries to fist fight him, ala Deathstroke...I'll be laughing for days. laughing out loud

Diunic
He also can absorb energy that's basic ability for any GL

Juntai
Originally posted by roughrider
Wonder Man broke through any shield Kyle put in front of him; mjolnir will as well. If Kyle tries to fist fight him, ala Deathstroke...I'll be laughing for days. laughing out loud He never made it to Kyle though. No telling what the outcome would be, only that he shattered the object and then got beat up by Superman. Needless to say even in a fistfight , Kyle can amp his speed and strength, ala, willing himself to have a Superman body. Or, as he's done previously, recreate the whole JLA and have them do it, even with their powers.

AJ4LIFE
juntai youve been beaten, look at thors abilties and look at gls its oviously going to go to thor if u were talking about hal jordan it might be a better fight

Diunic
I don't believe that. Kile once had created a shield that contained a Supernova wich 50.000.000 times more powerful than a regular star and shines more than a galaxy while it's going on. What can reg Thor do against such a power. I like him but he would lose 7/10

Juntai
juntai youve been beaten, look at thors abilties and look at gls its oviously going to go to thor GL has far more abilities than Thor does. And I never said Kyle would win, I said it was tossup. I said in his current incarnation- ION, he would win definately.

Diunic
GL is more powerful than reg THOR. ION is immeasurable more powerful than reg Thor. Only KT or RKT would beat Kile

AJ4LIFE
can gl take on hulk, thor can
flash could beat gl so he has no chance against thor

AJ4LIFE
does anyone like image or valiant

Juntai
can gl take on hulk, thor can
flash could beat gl so he has no chance against thor
Do you know what Green Lantern is, and what they do?

AJ4LIFE
yes, yes i do, im sick talking to u are a hopeless case

Juntai
yes, yes i do, im sick talking to u are a hopeless case What do you mean? I said it would go either way, I'm just correcting you on your "Thor has more abilities and would stomp Green Lantern effortlessly" campaign. We're trying to get you to realise, both of these characters are super powerful.

Sir Whirlysplat
does anyone like image or valiant

I loved Valiant - Archer and Armstrong was the best!!!

AJ4LIFE
sir whislyplatt i aggree vaiant was great
and juntai lets just end this argument

The Ion
Originally posted by Juntai
Do you know what Green Lantern is, and what they do?
You know the answer to that. smile

The Ion

Thor couldn't even beat Red Tornado. sad

AJ4LIFE
thor can beat most heros in comic unerverse

Diunic
HAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAH!

Diunic
No way reg Thor can win this

AJ4LIFE
thor has this in bag

soleran30
His hammer is supposed to have the ability to absorb any energy(he never uses it .) GL rings are just plot devices that are green and put on a finger.

Diunic
Hey guys let's finish this! Thor is my favorite character ever but that wont make me lie about him. He IS REALLY bellow KR and/or ION. Only KT and RKT could slain Kile. Kile's power is almost limitless even if it is the regular KR. Thor never did Supernova thing

AJ4LIFE
soleran thats what i said about absorbing energy but junyai didnt care,
thor and kyle arent on same level

AJ4LIFE
THOR NUMBER 1

Diunic
GL rings manipulates energy very well. In fact a lot better than Mjolnir.
KR loses only to KT or RKT.
Heil Rune King Thor Sire of Asgard and King of the gods

Diunic
I can't wait for he to recreate the pos-Ragnarok Asgard

Juntai
soleran thats what i said about absorbing energy but junyai didnt care,
thor and kyle arent on same level Ring can absorb energy as well. Anything Thor can do, Kyle can do, has done, plus some. Yet, I still said it was a tossup, and you're still arguing like I'm saying GL mashes his head in or something.

AJ4LIFE
im not argueing im just saying its not a toss up this stupid lets just end arguement im starting a new poll

JohnR
Kyle doesn't have the power level to beat Thor. Just how many wins do you see Kyle getting against Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Orion, Captain Marvel, or Hal Jordan?

Thor, on the other hand, regularly fights against beings of that power level.

I'll grant you that Ion would beat regular Thor, but regular Kyle? No way.

Diunic
You may be right JohnR I recognize that, but you also need to admit that if reg KR can't defeat reg Thor it's not because of the power level but because that lack of practice that Kile has against such opponents.

TheKahn
I'd go with Thor on this one. He has the experience advantage and I don't see why Mjolnir couldn't drain the the ring's energy. But most likely Thor would forget that he could do that and end up losing a couple. So I say Thor 7/10

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5481245

AJ4LIFE
thor has so many powerful abilities its hurendes thor and kyle are on a different level thor all the way

Diunic
OK 7/10 is good a number to me. After all Kyle is not used to fight bigboys like the thunderboy even the reg Thor would win more times

AJ4LIFE
this shouldnt even be a issue thor an kyle are in 2 different catogories

thor= superpowerful
kyle=powerful

supremthor
I m sorry i love thor but he loses this one...I thought thor was going to win but after reading this i changed my mind http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?rpl=050607042430

Diunic
Both would win but Thor would win more times if he was seriously engaged. But the power level thing:
Kile once contained a supernova. What did Thor do?

supremthor
Kyle containing a big bang that was capable of destroying the entire universe

http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanv2173pg144bd.jpg

R.O.T. Yahman
Cant the hammer do anything that Kyle can do? Any way speed blitz Kyle wins ! smile

Diunic
No.

Sixth_Winged
When did Kyle used blitz in a fight?

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
When did Kyle used blitz in a fight?
Morisson JLA issue 3 smile Kyle vs White Martians. smile

Sixth_Winged
In the same issue where Martian Manhunter did his only respectable speed feat to date? nice. And it's hardly a blitz on the offensive. Gl's can fly at warp speed, doesn't mean they'll actually be fighting on the same speed cause almost all of them doesn't have any FTL reflexes.

Hit and Run

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
In the same issue where Martian Manhunter did his only respectable speed feat to date? nice.

Ummmmm no ..... very early on during Morisson run .... M.M. hardly featured ! smile

Jordan is pretty good with the speed, putting arrows through Mongul and stuff ! Thor gets beatings from Ultron, theyre hardly in the same speed category ! smile

Sorry about the bad punc .... had a few to drink !!!!!!!! smile

Sixth_Winged
well maybe not the same issue but definitely the same story and enemies
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Ummmmm no ..... very early on during Morisson run .... M.M. hardly featured ! smile

Jordan is pretty good with the speed, putting arrows through Mongul and stuff ! Thor gets beatings from Ultron, theyre hardly in the same speed category ! smile

Sorry about the bad punc .... had a few to drink !!!!!!!! smile

Oh you mean the issue where Flash raced Zum?.

AJ4LIFE
thors got this hands down

aliveinboston
Originally posted by supremthor
I m sorry i love thor but he loses this one...I thought thor was going to win but after reading this i changed my mind

Not based on what's listed in that link I hope. Perhaps the Silver Surfer would be closer to a fair comparison for Kyle Rayner.

AJ4LIFE
surfer and kyle had a fight in comic i think surfer one

Juntai
surfer and kyle had a fight in comic i think surfer one Surfer was also amped in power at the time, and Kyle was a rookie at the time.

Juntai
Kyle doesn't have the power level to beat Thor. Just how many wins do you see Kyle getting against Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Orion, Captain Marvel, or Hal Jordan?

Thor, on the other hand, regularly fights against beings of that power level.

I'll grant you that Ion would beat regular Thor, but regular Kyle? No way. Kyle almost killed Superman in his sleep. He created a construct of himself, that went on a rampage, and nearly killed Superman.

And lets be honest here, Thor didn't beat Superman either.

AJ4LIFE
hi juntai read kyles power level somewhere hes better than i fought

Juntai
hi juntai read kyles power level somewhere hes better than i fought Good to know!

Diunic
Kyle R is powerful enough to throw a planet at least the Pluto size into Thor head and also to throw Thor into a black hole or something. Game's Over. Only Odinforce Thor can equals or exceed him.

AJ4LIFE
hals still the best know

Diunic
Sorry what do you mean?

Diunic
OK Hal jordan

Diunic
Understood now.

Juntai
Sorry what do you mean? He just means Hal's the best lantern I think. Which is fair enough, the guys fan-base size speaks volumes. I personally think Kyle's fans have a right to argue the claim though, if they see fit... the guy's earned his stripes. I however like them both.

Diunic
I also think they're pretty good. But Kyle is the modern one.

AJ4LIFE
hal has returned as current GL and kyle has gon into space somewhere

sorry took so long to anwser but been eating dinner

Diunic
No prob man!

Juntai
hal has returned as current GL and kyle has gon into space somewhere

sorry took so long to anwser but been eating dinner Uhh, I know. I have the comics. And, Kyle went and became ION again in Rann/Thannagar Special.

AJ4LIFE
who won that war by the way

The Ion
Originally posted by Juntai
He just means Hal's the best lantern I think. Which is fair enough, the guys fan-base size speaks volumes. I personally think Kyle's fans have a right to argue the claim though, if they see fit... the guy's earned his stripes. I however like them both.
Hal's Emerald Advancement Troops are a dedicated bunch if not a little psychotic.

AJ4LIFE
WHO WON WAR mad

A.J
bump

He-guy88
i like both kyle and hal i have to say kyle takes this because in the dc universe the gl ring is considered the most powerful wepon in the universe and i dont belive that thors hammer is considered to be the most powerful wepon in the marvel universe

Big Sexy
Thats not how powers like this work though.

He-guy88
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Thats not how powers like this work though.

well the ring is only limited to the owners creativity and will power and the hammer can be thrown like a boomarang it has power over thunder and such so ill still say kyle cause the hammer can be taken from thor and the ring cant be takein from kyle

Mr.V
Originally posted by He-guy88
well the ring is only limited to the owners creativity and will power and the hammer can be thrown like a boomarang it has power over thunder and such so ill still say kyle cause the hammer can be taken from thor and the ring cant be takein from kyle

BS, kyles finger can be broken (and has been before) and mjolnir has more powers than i can be arsed to list. Thor's hammer must also always return to him (special enchantment) wereas if you tear off kyles finger it wont fly back big grin

Big Sexy
Actually thor can summon the hammer back. He can channel his Godlike energy through it and he can absorb attacks with it and magnify them many times over. and those are just a few things the hammer can do. Its just with all that power , Thor just decideds to swing it for some reason.

A.J
I was going to before on here but theres loads.

He-guy88
Originally posted by Mr.V
BS, kyles finger can be broken (and has been before) and mjolnir has more powers than i can be arsed to list. Thor's hammer must also always return to him (special enchantment) wereas if you tear off kyles finger it wont fly back big grin

the ring has been made with the power that makes it come back to him so noboady can tke it from him. as for the hammer iv seen it be thrown and never return

Mr.V
I've also seen lobo tear off Jack T Chance's finger and try to use the ring (it failed) but the ring only went back to him after lobo threw it away.
I've also seen dozens of people try steal the hammer and its enchantment has made it fly back big grin

Big Sexy
Odins enchantment allows it to return

He-guy88
kyle clearly states after he give back his ion power to the cb that his ring can never be taking from him agin

Mr.V
Maybe so, but his arm can be torn off big grin he still has his ring just not his arm big grin

Skeets
kyle clearly states after he give back his ion power to the cb that his ring can never be taking from him agin
Didn't Majestic take it ........... confused

Skeets
Double post..........

He-guy88
Originally posted by Mr.V
Maybe so, but his arm can be torn off big grin he still has his ring just not his arm big grin

yep so after his arm is torn off then it still comes back to his other hand and even if takein it does not matter hes controlled it without wearing it before

He-guy88
Originally posted by Skeets
Double post..........

i dont recall anyone taking it after the old ion series maybe i missed the comic

Mr.V
yep so after his arm is torn off then it still comes back to his other hand and even if takein it does not matter hes controlled it without wearing it before

Then you tear the other arm off big grin and once thats done, wait for him to bleed to death cool

Mr.V
or godwave him out of boredom big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>