green day or blink182

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pezza
who do you think is better green day or blink182. i think greenday is better but i wanna know what the majority thinks

StinkFist462
never got into Green Day as much.

so my "vote" goes to Blink 182

pezza
fair enough but what do people who listen to both the bands think

StinkFist462
i wouldnt be surprised if the majority chooses Green Day. then i wouldnt be surprised if a majority of those choose Green Day because of American Idiot.

King_Thorin
i choose green day, they have way more albums i like and would pay money for again.

el_barto
Green Day is better, just because Dookie, Insomniac and Nimrod are great albums, and they're a little less poppy than Blink. But I have to admit Travis Barker is a ****ing machine when it comes to drumming.

RedAlertv2
Green Day is better I suppose but my favorite is Blink

Myth
Green Day by far.

SnakeEyes
Green Day is definitely better... but I definitely like Blink more.

cool_dudes_rule
well greenday, they did alot more better albums then blink 182 but i do like blink 182 as well but green day is better.

DiamondBullets
Green Day>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blink 182

Mišt
I get bored of Green Day, and Blink 182 is one of my favourite bands so Blink for me. They have more party-ish kinda songs, its more my kind of thing.

jaden101
you know what i think...i think there is already about a hundred green day threads and probably just as many blink 182 threads

you know what else i think?...i think they are both crap

MildPossession
Never got into Blink 182, enjoy listening to Green Day though, and American Idiot was a good album imo.

PINBALL
I really like both bands but I have to go with Green Day.

Neo_Version 7
Originally posted by pezza
who do you think is better green day or blink182. i think greenday is better but i wanna know what the majority thinks

Fall Out Boy...stick out tongue

el_barto
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
Fall Out Boy...stick out tongue

no

ladygrim
Blink 182

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by pezza

both are shit, listen to Bad Religion or Therapy for good music!!!!

Himo
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
both are shit, listen to Bad Religion or Therapy for good music!!!!

RedAlertv2
Indeed Bad Religion is good. But Ill always like Blink 182 for being the band that essentially got me interested in music.

Becky4BJ
Green Day.. I love the early stuff and my favourite song has to be Minority/Time of your life. And theres nothing wrong with voting for them because of American Idiot, 'cos that was a damn good album and they deserve to be highly recognised for it. I like Blink 182 but its more pop-rock.

Becky4BJ
When I put minority/time of your life i didn't mean one song... the "/" essentially was meant to be "or". Sorry stick out tongue

el_barto
Originally posted by Becky4BJ
Green Day.. I love the early stuff and my favourite song has to be Minority/Time of your life. And theres nothing wrong with voting for them because of American Idiot, 'cos that was a damn good album and they deserve to be highly recognised for it. I like Blink 182 but its more pop-rock.

I've replied almost this exact post with this:

Originally posted by el_barto
Those songs are off Nimrod, and Warning. Nimrod was recorded 2 albums before American Idiot, and Warning was recorded 1 album before American Idiot, both of those albums arent very old.

tinkerbell668
I prefer Green Day...but I love Blink too

and I do love Bad Religon!!

Legion of Doom
Green Day they are the band that brings the song "Good Riddance"

Jabba the Hutt
They both suck. But I go with Blink182, just because of the "Family Reunion" song.

Pandemoniac
I prefer Green Day. Blink's 'Enema of the State' got me interested, and I still like that album, but listening to more of them only clarified that they are a little too much just a funrock band.
Green Day may be flawed by repeating old tricks, but they do put more soul and intelligence in their songs, and have over all made far more memorable songs compared to Blink. I like that better.

By the way, for all you 'Uhhh, they both suck, you should listen to blablabla' winos; respect the topic of the thread and don't try to force a choice of music on others. One's taste is something personal and own.

mysterio69
ugh. like comparing apples and oranges. green day being a nice apple, and blink being an orange. a moldy orange.

SleaterKinney32
i like the older stuff for both bands
but i had more of a connection with blink 182 when i was younger, more uh, memories i guess you could say.. so i pick them

PINBALL
Green Day without a doubt.

BobbyD
...fans of neither, nor am I a hater of either...do gotta say that Green Day is the better and more popular of the 2.

Prabhodh
so the majority goes for greenday Happy Dance

vanice
my vote goes to blink, green day has lost its charm.

BabyGirl_23
greenday, they are awsome!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.