You know rock is dead...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
...when Jerry Cantrell is on a tour with Nickelback.

OPENING for them to be specific. cry

I know this happened a while ago, but I just read about it in the iTunes music library and it rather shocked me. I might cry myself to sleep now.

Alpha Centauri
Rock isn't dead because Jerry Cantrell chose to tour with a shit band. It just means he likes a shit band, the man is still a genius.

-AC

Bardiel13
At least it's good to know that METAL LIVES ON!! \m/0_o\m/
plus, I think Nickelback is pretty good. Not one of my favorites, though.

SnakeEyes
No... Nickelback does infact suck... they're not good... at all.

PINBALL
Nickelback is pure shit......

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Darth Revan
...when Jerry Cantrell is on a tour with Nickelback.

OPENING for them to be specific. cry

I know this happened a while ago, but I just read about it in the iTunes music library and it rather shocked me. I might cry myself to sleep now.

That's no good. Although QotSA opening for NIN was a bit silly; obviously not on the same scale though.

BackFire
I think a thing of greater concern is that Nickelback still exists.

Dr. Strangelove
Originally posted by Bardiel13
At least it's good to know that METAL LIVES ON!! \m/0_o\m/
plus, I think Nickelback is pretty good. Not one of my favorites, though.

What makes them "pretty good"?

Another question: What constitutes as bad in your opinion if Nickleback are "pretty good"?

mysterio69
sadly, they're the kind of crap that canada is offering to the world. let's see, we've given celine dion, shania(hot but her music sucks), nickleback...jesus. i feel ashamed. thank god for arcade fire.

Dr. Strangelove
Well Canada has also produced Skinny Puppy, Rush, and The Birthday Massacre so it evens out.

mysterio69
but celine dion is the epitome of all evil. and nickleback are her minions. they must be stopped at all costs.

StinkFist462
not to mention Sum 41 and Avril Lavgine...

mysterio69
Originally posted by StinkFist462
not to mention Sum 41 and Avril Lavgine...
lord yes. damn them all.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
Well Canada has also produced Skinny Puppy, Rush, and The Birthday Massacre so it evens out.

Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Godspeed...

Although a few good bands can't possibly match America's 100% production quality record.

The Backstreet Boys, New Kids, Avril Lavigne, Good Charlotte, Britney Spears.

Mandy Moore, Jessica Simpson, 50 Cent, Limp Bizkit.

Kelly Clarkson, Michael Bolton, Billy Ray Cyrus, Garth Brooks.

Bardock42
I have a confession to make....I like Garth Brooks.

Alpha Centauri
Who doesn't like Garth Brooks?

Oh yeah, me.

-AC

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Who doesn't like Garth Brooks?

Oh yeah, me.

-AC

Yeah, figured you didn't.

Bardiel13
What makes them "pretty good"?

Another question: What constitutes as bad in your opinion if Nickleback are "pretty good"?

Good God! eek! I didn't know so many people hated Nickleback! As I said, I don't think they're bad. Some of their songs are pleasing to my ear- so sue me. Tell me... what bands do you like? If I say Nickleback is "pretty good", what do I call bad? I don't call anything bad. If someone likes a certain band or styles, more power to them. I may not have the same taste in music, but then again, it's not my business, now is it?

Dr. Strangelove
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Godspeed...

Although a few good bands can't possibly match America's 100% production quality record.

The Backstreet Boys, New Kids, Avril Lavigne, Good Charlotte, Britney Spears.

Mandy Moore, Jessica Simpson, 50 Cent, Limp Bizkit.

Kelly Clarkson, Michael Bolton, Billy Ray Cyrus, Garth Brooks.

Avril is actually Canadian, so you can't put that freak show on us Yanks.

Yes well, the U.S. produces, quantity wise, the most quality bands while also producing the most shit. I'll freely admit that; although, I'm glad The Libertines were not formed in my country. stick out tongue

Originally posted by Bardiel13
Good God! eek! I didn't know so many people hated Nickleback! As I said, I don't think they're bad. Some of their songs are pleasing to my ear- so sue me. Tell me... what bands do you like? If I say Nickleback is "pretty good", what do I call bad? I don't call anything bad. If someone likes a certain band or styles, more power to them. I may not have the same taste in music, but then again, it's not my business, now is it?

No need to get defensive, I don't bite. Just asking a question, as I find their music to be so gut-wrenching mediocre and cringe inducing that I cannot understand why anyone would actually care for them.

As for bands I like: Busted, Poison, and a little Chumbawamba spreaded on top.

Victor Von Doom
Avril is actually Canadian, so you can't put that freak show on us Yanks.

Retracted. Add Tiffany in her place.

Smallville
I am from Canada (Sorry, not my choice) and I have to say that there are some good Canadian Bands. The Tea Party, Finger 11, Tragically Hip to name a few.

Anyways... rock is not dead, but dying. It needs new blood to rejuvenate it.

Dr. Strangelove
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Retracted. Add Tiffany in her place.

I would suggest Justin Timberlake. She deserves to be on that list.

Victor Von Doom
A good choice.

Afro Cheese
I know this thread's supposed to be about the death of rock, however I feel compelled to add:

http://image.com.com/mp3/images/cover/200/drf300/f322/f32220tro6c.jpg

Meta
Originally posted by mysterio69
sadly, they're the kind of crap that canada is offering to the world. let's see, we've given celine dion, shania(hot but her music sucks), nickleback...jesus. i feel ashamed. thank god for arcade fire.

lets see

Meta
bad: trews, nickleback, simple plan, avril lavigne (trust us we don't want them in our country either) and you get the point

good: broken social scene, arcade fire, feist, metric, hot hot heat, silverstein, alexisonfire etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.