FIRST FPS Shooter that is...96kb in size...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ProKopYo
Hey guys, I just thought I would share this with you all. I found this at the beginning of last year and I was just amazed. It is a FPS with good graphics and it is only 96kb in size.
all the code, textures, geometry, sound, monsters and, well, lots of bugs - all crammed into 96 kilobytes

My jaw dropped when I started playing this FPS that is only 96kb, its just unbelievable.

Here are some screenshots:
hxxp://kk.kema.at/files/gfx/full1.jpg
hxxp://kk.kema.at/files/gfx/full2.jpg
hxxp://kk.kema.at/files/gfx/full3.jpg
hxxp://kk.kema.at/files/gfx/full4.jpg
hxxp://kk.kema.at/files/gfx/full5.jpg
Those are screenshots from the game developers website, when I tried it on my computer at home the graphics actually look even better.

The game developers website is here:
hxxp://xxx.theprodukkt.com/

Game minimum requirements:
* A 1.5GHz pentium 3 / athlon or faster.
* 512MB of RAM.
* a GeForce4Ti (or higher) or ATI Radeon8500 (or higher) graphics card supporting pixel shaders 1.3, preferably with 128MB or more of VRAM.
* some kind of sound hardware.
* DirectX 9.0b.

I played it on my friends computer first which is a fairly decent system:
AMD Athlon 2800 with an ATI Radeon 9800XT and 1GB ram, he got around 35 frames, the game is very stressful so you should have a pretty good computer...

Keep in mind this game was made by a small group of teenagers.

Anyway you can download it here:
hxxp://kk.kema.at/files/kkrieger-beta.zip

NOTE: Change the xxx or hxxp to http or www.

MadMel
hmm...not bad

SaTsuJiN
yeah I played that a while ago.. they did it to show how inefficient todays game code libraries are... official game producer would take 5gigs of space to do what they did in under 100kb.. hopefully people like this get good jobs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.