Supernatural is copying everything!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
That show Supernatural is rorting plots from movies and the x-files left right and center.
It's on in Australia now, up to about the 5th episode I think.

First it was wendigo from wendgio and x-files, then bloody mary from urban legend 3, then hookman from candyman and the plot was the same as urban legend pretty much, then the inbreds from x-files episode home and wrong turn, and one where a town sacrificed couples ie. the wicker man

It's an ok show, but maybe they should of came up with some ideas of their own.

MildPossession
Tell this to the people in the TV section. I watched the first episode and didn't think much of it at all.

papabeard
I know , ive not even seen it, only the ads, and I just said the same thing the other day, what a sham.

Undertaker
Its a Great Show, Get your head out of your asses.

MildPossession
It's nothing new Undertaker.

Wolfie
Originally posted by deathbycorn
That show Supernatural is rorting plots from movies and the x-files left right and center.
It's on in Australia now, up to about the 5th episode I think.

First it was wendigo from wendgio and x-files, then bloody mary from urban legend 3, then hookman from candyman and the plot was the same as urban legend pretty much, then the inbreds from x-files episode home and wrong turn, and one where a town sacrificed couples ie. the wicker man

It's an ok show, but maybe they should of came up with some ideas of their own.
I never got into The X-Files so I can't defend against that argument.

Urban Legend 3 didn't come up with anything new. Supernatural didn't copy it, the idea is old.

The Hookman was VERY different from Candyman. The only similarity I can see is they both have a hook. Then by that reasoning, you can say Supernatural copied I Know What You Did Last Summer too.

The show has come up with some original ideas. The pilot was really cool. And there was that one episode with the supposed healer that transfers diseases to another person. You say you're at the 5th episode, I don't think you've gotten to that yet.

Impediment
I was never really an X-Files fan, simply 'cuz I'm not that hardcore of a sci-fi fan. So, naturally, I have never watched this show, either.

deathbycorn
X-Files was a great show, a gem of the 90's and will be missed by me forever. Mulder & Scully were great actors imo.
All the early seasons were awesome, I remember not watching the start because it would scare me too much!
But then the show went full on sci-fi and was all about the alien conspiracy, which sucked big time.

I have an avi file of an episode called 'Home' from the fourth season which Wrong Turn was loosely based on.

Movies like Aliens and stuff are cool because they are like sci-fi horror.

Myers Kicks Ass
supernatural is great but it does rip everything off

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.