Lady In The Water: A Bedtime Story By M. Night Shyamalan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BuRtOnEsQuE
Hey. I was just wondering what everyone's views on M. Night Shyamalan's latest thriller Lady In The Water were? If you have seen the trailer, post what you think here (the film has been listed as FANTASY on the IMDB, and their is not enough evidence to put it in the horror section yet).

I myself think it is brilliant that M. Night is branching out and doing something more gentle and soft. Still, the last closing seconds of the trailer sent a shiver down my spine.... smile

BuRtOnEsQuE
Anyone???........... sad

steverules
Why don't you post the trailer that way people will see it and be able to give you their view on what they think.

TheOne101
Sounds like a good idea steve.Burt, Link plz.

b-dan
isnt htere a thread on this some were

BuRtOnEsQuE
Sorry. http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/ladyinthewater/

G a n n o n
the new trailer is out.

Dusty
Cool new trailer.

I just hope it's not misleading like 'The Village'.

glenncerritos
Isn't this supposed to be a bedtime story he used to tell his children?

Silverstein
wasnt 'the village' supposed to be misleading?

MovieChik318
I saw the trailor for this movie on tv awhile ago...Shamalaym has a way of bringing twists and original ideas that can't really be found in today's cinema...he thinks outside of the box...and this movie looks reallyyy different...so I'm definitely there...!

MovieChik318
anyone??

Icicle
I cant wait to see the movie!!!! I saw the trailer on the Ellen Degeners show! It looks awsome!

Icicle
Originally posted by glenncerritos
Isn't this supposed to be a bedtime story he used to tell his children?

Yup! smile

Darth Vicious
After the "Village" Ill wait for the dvd.

HAROLD
I've just seen a new TV spot that showed some new stuff.

se_que?
I can't wait to see the movie!

office jesus
It'll suck. After Signs I just stopped caring for his work.

epicadventure
I haven't heard much about what this movie will actually be about- I've seen tons of commercials, but I can't get a grasp of what the 2 hr long story line will be. Although one thing I have noticed is that what tiny bit (I think) I understand about the plot makes me realize that title itself and all the previous marketing has been a little bit of misdirection- from the images I've seen earlier, like the movie poster and the previews, my initital thought was that the lady in the water would be the scary thing. But, nope, apparently I was way off.

That seems very M. Night to me, and I'm not surprised that my initial impressions were off. I'm still not sure how the movie will pan out- fairy tales and adults don't often mix- but I think Shamalan is the director for it, since he can bring out the Grimm-like creepiness and whatnot.

WrathfulDwarf
I agree the trailers have drawn my interest for this film. M. Night lost some fandom with The Village. I was one of the few that did enjoy his film. Hopefully this one will be great.

Solo
I have high hopes for this one, I'll be seeing it opening day. Hopefully I won't be let down.

Solo
Well, the advance reviews are terrible. Looks like a let down.

I'll still be seeing it on Friday, though.

Dusty
Yeah, I saw some shit reviews.

jaden101
i cant think why anyone would be surprised that it will be shit...all shyamalans films have been total turds....especially the village

Dusty
Originally posted by jaden101
i cant think why anyone would be surprised that it will be shit...all shyamalans films have been total turds....especially the village

Wow, you really think that?

Wolfie
I only cared for The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. His other movies are "eh" worthy.

Though I like Paul Giamatti. I may see it for him.

faradayslaw
After seeing the first couple of trailers, I thought it was about alien women popping out of swimming pools. I still can't figure out what the fracking plot is...........

Solo
I thought The Sixth Sense was his worst. Didn't think much of it.

1. Unbreakable
2. The Village
3. Signs
4. The Sixth Sense

jaden101
Originally posted by Dusty
Wow, you really think that?

i do...sixth sense was utterly predictable and obvious

unbreakable started subtley and ending weakly and pointless

signs was comedic although i dont think it intended to be

the village had the most laughably obvious plot ever

Wolfie
Originally posted by Solo
I thought The Sixth Sense was his worst. Didn't think much of it.

1. Unbreakable
2. The Village
3. Signs
4. The Sixth Sense
Where do you rank Wide Awake?

Solo
Originally posted by Wolfie
Where do you rank Wide Awake?
Nice. Will never bother to see that one. stick out tongue

Just got back from Lady in the Water, awful.

The twist is that there is no twist. By the way, what were those ****ing monsters at the end? They were never mentioned and just popped out of nowhere. Whatever. It was terrible to begin with.

BackFire
They were mentioned, they were the monkey creatures that were supposed to maintain the rules

Solo
Ah, I must have missed that. There was a big storm and the power went out a few times in the middle of the film.

Prince Nauj
I saw this movie yesturday and I loved it big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.