Favorite Green Lantern and why

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Well, who is it?

I'm leaning towards Hal, personally.

What about you guys?

smokin'

The Ion
confused

Black Adam
Originally posted by The Ion
confused

I'm guessing your's is Mogo.

mines a tie between kyle or Guy.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Black Adam

lol..... i was gonna vote Mogo.... how the feck does a planet wear a ring? i never once saw that "guy" do a single thing

The Ion

Actually Mogo is third. big grin

1. Kyle Rayner
2. Alan Scott
3. Mogo
4. Guy Gardner
5. Duck Dodgers
6. Kilowog
7. Hal Jordan
8. Sinestro
9. Ch'p
10. Katma Tui
11. Soranik Natu
12. Jade
7200. John Stewart

ScarletSpider
Alan Scott's my favorite. Although as far as the other Lantern's go, I'd say Guy, simply because he's a pompous ass.

Rewmac
John Stewart. I dunno, I just liked the way he did in the comics and then also in the animated. I was gonna say Kyle. But he is way too popular in the Green Lantern universe. So I say John.

Xirius
Kyle, becuase he wasnt the perfect choice for the ring, so he had to work to become the best!

Sir Whirlysplat
G'Nort woof woof wink

Scoobless
seriously...... what has Mogo ever done?

The Ion
Originally posted by Scoobless
seriously...... what has Mogo ever done?
Nothing besides having a cool name.

nathan summers
Hal Jordan. Simply because he is the best Lantern to have ever existed in the history of Green Lanterns. Period.

R.O.T. Yahman
Doctor Spectrum ! smile

Black Adam
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Doctor Spectrum ! smile

sick

Quick Freeze
IRON LANTERN!!!
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/ironlant1.jpg

Spawnrules
1. kyle rayner never has there been such a young and so powerful hero

Lucid Lui
Kyle.
And Guy.

Spawnrules
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Kyle.
And Guy.

guy is cool

nwg202
kyle, He didnt have your typical A type personality that hal had. It was refreshing to see an average guy get the ring.

jrodslam
Originally posted by The Ion
Actually Mogo is third. big grin

1. Kyle Rayner
2. Alan Scott
3. Mogo
4. Guy Gardner
5. Duck Dodgers
6. Kilowog
7. Hal Jordan
8. Sinestro
9. Ch'p
10. Katma Tui
11. Soranik Natu
12. Jade
7200. John Stewart

laughing Cool list. John 7200? laughing

1. Hal
2. Guy
3. Alan
4. Sinestro
5. Kyle
6. Isamot (new recruit)
7. Vath (new recruit)
8. Kilowog
Bottom. John

DigiMark007
Alan. Hands down.

And I really don't like Hal.

Iron Lantern gets my vote for #2 stick out tongue

Knightfall93
1.Killowog
2.Sinestro
3.Hal
4.Kyle
5.Alan scott

Knightfall93
Oh, does iron lantrn count? he's the amalgam dude right? He's no.5 on my list instead!

SnakeEyes
Iron Lantern doesn't really count... wink

chris_64256
hal jordan this is why http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f374/kquantum2/hal1.png got to keep a ***** in check lol.....

SnakeEyes
laughing

Man, that's hilarious.

I love Hal.

King KAM
John....Why???? because hes black and he boinks a fine ass b*itch with wings.

Knightfall93
Ahhh... they should've left Kyle as the last GL... but then again, the Corps are bad ass so, yeah, he should've brought back the Corps but not that stewart arsehole! (does that make me racist?)

ScarletSpider
Is it too late to change my vote?

chris_64256
never to late..

Tron
Duck Dodgerswink

dvampire
Originally posted by jrodslam
laughing Cool list. John 7200? laughing

1. Hal
2. Guy
3. Alan
4. Sinestro
5. Kyle
6. Isamot (new recruit)
7. Vath (new recruit)
8. Kilowog
Bottom. John

Why is John so low on your list? sad

jrodslam
Originally posted by dvampire
Why is John so low on your list? sad

I really cant stand him. Even in the JLU cartoon. He just seems so dull to me. I know Hal is kinda dull as well, but for some reason, i like Hal way more than John. Plus Parallax and Spectre(Hal) were some of my favorite charac ters in DC big grin. John just doesnt bring anything to the table for me.

Hal's the one with all the willpower.
Guy's the one with the arrogance.
Kyle's the future adn youth.
Kilowog's the head trainer.

Hell, even Salakk is the kkeper of the book of OA.

What the hell is John? Dull is what he is. Bah! I hate him. I like the new recruits way more than him.

Dr.Fate
Alan Scott. The original, the most powerful and the best costume i mean red, green and purple is that not inspired or what?

Dr.Fate
does that sound gay or what?

The Ion
Originally posted by Dr.Fate
does that sound gay or what?
His costume? I'm personally a huge fan of Alan's pimp cape. Plus it's reversible.

NoFate007
Kyle's got my vote, hands down. He's just the man.

Hal's second on my list.

Blair Wind
Duck Dodgers, best GL EVER.

Dr.Fate
amen don't **** with the duck

wuTa
i'd have to say kyle, i think he's more creative, thus doing cooler things with the ring's powers, but i will say that hal jordan is right behind, in fact if i stop typing and start thinking about it my answer my flip flop because anyone that just gets fed up with all the bullshit and trys to destroy than restructure society the way he says fit is ok in my book smile...plus he wiped out those little blueball bastards and he gets loads of points fot that little tidbit

dvampire
I really cant stand him. Even in the JLU cartoon. He just seems so dull to me. I know Hal is kinda dull as well, but for some reason, i like Hal way more than John. Plus Parallax and Spectre(Hal) were some of my favorite charac ters in DC big grin. John just doesnt bring anything to the table for me.

Hal's the one with all the willpower.
Guy's the one with the arrogance.
Kyle's the future adn youth.
Kilowog's the head trainer.

Hell, even Salakk is the kkeper of the book of OA.

What the hell is John? Dull is what he is. Bah! I hate him. I like the new recruits way more than him.

Those are some good reasons. I don't have to many JLA comic books so I don't know alot about him; but I like him in the cartoon though.

As for who is my favorite GL, I don't know yet, it's between Kyle, Hal, and Guy (who's very funny; I loved what he did to Batman in GL Corps #1 laughing ) even though I've just recently start reading GL comic books (which are great btw).

SnakeEyes
I can't believe nobody voted for Guy!

He's easily cooler than John and Kilowog.

DarkCrawler
Alan is my favorite.

jrodslam
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I can't believe nobody voted for Guy!

He's easily cooler than John and Kilowog.

Same here. Although Guy is my second favorite, hes slowly moving towards the #1 spot. Hopefully we'll see more of him in the upcoming months. Guy does rock. Hes the coolest GL imo.

Black Adam
Same here. Although Guy is my second favorite, hes slowly moving towards the #1 spot. Hopefully we'll see more of him in the upcoming months. Guy does rock. Hes the coolest GL imo.

speaking of which look who is front and center in the cover for the new GL monthly

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/180/glcorcv11de.th.jpg

jrodslam
speaking of which look who is front and center in the cover for the new GL monthly

Happy Dance Sweet!

Guy f'n Rocks! I cant wait.

Draco69
Hal is boring. I hated it when they retconned his acts as Parallax. It gave him SUBSTANCE.

John is even more boring.

Either Kyle or Gardner as my favs.

Black Adam
Edit for my post: I meant Green Lanter Corps monthly. Not GL.

Still can't wait. I've enjoyed GLC so far. Hope it's still as good as a monthly.

The Ion

That's a great cover and GLC is great. In 4 issues these guys have been all over the universe. I like it so much more than the regular GL title.

SnakeEyes
The most recent issue of the regular GL series (with Hal) was pretty cool. Batman was in it and he punched Hal in the face (similar to how Hal punched Batman in Rebirth), saying: "We're even."

The Ion
I think Geoff Johns is finally starting to come into his own with the GL series if #9 is an indication. Great characterization of Bruce and Hal with actual personality. Mr. Jordan may win me over yet.

http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pow5wb.jpg

SnakeEyes
Heh, too bad you already voted.

kenobi
Alan Scott because he has been around so long and was (in my opinion) so underrated for so long until his run in the current JSA. He is the one that started it all. Then I would say Hal Jordan.

Dr.Fate
truer words have never been spoken but i think the main thing that they all rock. Ever GL rocks (except Chp that squirrel thing). There opowers are just so unigue and cool and the fact that they have a purpose and mission as compared to all these heroes that kind of wander through life
like wolverine no offense to him, And back on the powers there original not just another superstrong, or superfast, kind of thing something cool. Making what ever you want out of green energy.

plus they have that awesome corny oath.

jrodslam
Did anyone else pick up GL Corps? Guy is the f**kin man. I loved the way he took charge. Hes easily the most fearless and confidient GL of them all. And just for that, he got promoted. Happy Dance

Hes now officially tied with Hal as my favorite Lantern. Guy f'n rocks! rock

The Ion
I loved the scene with all the Lanterns recharging on Oa.

Guy, #1 in the Corps. Honor Guard smokin'

Black Adam
I forgot Gl corps came out.

So Guy got promoted huh? what to exactly? is he in the same rank or whatever it's called in the Gl corps as Kilowog? higher?

The Ion
Being in the Honor Guard should make him the highest ranking member of the Corps. I think theres only been 3 of them before Guy.

manjaro
everyone has thier own tag..
john--best flyer, most techincal constructs

hal--best and bravest

guy--most agressive

kilwog--guy times ten(will power actually makes a sound)

kyle-most artisitic.

my personal is kyle of course.. not becuase he's the youngest and i realte to him more but beucase he has consistently had bigger feats. he created oblivion from his own nightmares, who acted totally independent of kyles ring and willpower , decimating the entire JLA while he was at it. he subconciously created other green lanterns and didnt even know they were his constructs he was the first ive seen translate lanuage earthen and alein, and someone said he's contained a black hole. and ive seen him actually transmute matter like firestorm would

these other GL's dont seem to appreciate the mantle of "most dangerous wepon in the universe" the f ****ers are hell bent on playing arts and crafts and shit like a bunch of pre-schoolers. c,mon man.. hal! and alan scott have the illest bling ever and theyre busy creating giant fists, boxing gloves and baseball mittsbig grin WTF dude...seriously

SnakeEyes
Hmmm, good analysis.

Anyone else have something to say?

My personal favorite is Hal.

thesilverspider
1.Alan
2.Hal
3.Duck dodgers...........yes

Grimm22
Who are your favirote green lanterns?

Black Adam
Kyle

Guy a close second.

Mogo a very close third wink

SnakeEyes
Please use my already started and better, if I may say so, thread:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=392770&highlight=Favorite+Green+Lantern

roll eyes (sarcastic)

jumpmann
no

juggernaut66666
john stuart

batdude123
Kyle

Hal

Alan

grey fox
Alan

DigiMark007
Please use my already started and better, if I may say so, thread:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=392770&highlight=Favorite+Green+Lantern

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah, but Mogo isn't a choice. roll eyes (sarcastic)

There's a LOT of GL's, you know.

...I'll allow this.

And Alan for me. But the whole Corps rocks. wink

Accel
Kyle, Alan, and Hal

Validus
Nameless Canon Fodder - Sector 2312.1

willRules
That fat one that Superboy Prime killed by freezing him............

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Yeah, but Mogo isn't a choice. roll eyes (sarcastic)

There's a LOT of GL's, you know.

...I'll allow this.

And Alan for me. But the whole Corps rocks. wink

It's obviously up to you and all, but don't you think having 2 threads with the EXACT same topic is... well, illogical? The title of this thread's even incorrect.

I realize I didn't put thousands of the GL's onto the poll which fits 10 choices, but can you really blame me? I just forgot Mogo.

He-guy88
Kyle And Hal

He-guy88
y cant mongo be a choice hes a gl and it is titled whos ur fav gl so maybe he likes him its his choice

NoFate007
Kyle.

TK1
Chuck Norris.

King KAM
the black one

ankur29
kilowog and kyle rules

Juntai
Hal, Kyle, Allan rule...And I can't remember his name offhand, but... the one that was sacrificed to Darkseid for a treaty with OA. He was swanky, like myself.

UltimateStryfe
the Green Flame. can't remember his name. he's on Apokalypse.

Black Rob
the black one

DigiMark007
It's obviously up to you and all, but don't you think having 2 threads with the EXACT same topic is... well, illogical? The title of this thread's even incorrect.

I realize I didn't put thousands of the GL's onto the poll which fits 10 choices, but can you really blame me? I just forgot Mogo.

Fair enough. I'll merge them or something.

*murble...making me actually do work...murble*

wink

{edit} ok, done. Merged and I edited the poll to include Mogo and 'Other'

SnakeEyes
Cool. cool

You're a good mod, Digi... when you want to be. stick out tongue

He-guy88
this is veary touhg but in the end of the thinking of my head................

............i say kyle i was thinking hal i like both pretty much the same

SnakeEyes
I'm starting to like Guy more and more. I think he may be my second favorite now.

Grimm22
1. Hal

2. Kilowog

3. Kyle

4. Guy

5. Mogo

6. John

Last: This guy... http://youtube.com/watch?v=SMJ1YhtJRVs

Darth Martin
Alan Scott he has a cape.

SnakeEyes
... great reason.

lft4ded
Kyle, his constructs rock!

Redatom65
my favorite 3 in order

1. Hal Jordan
2. Kyle Rainer
3. Alan Scott

pr1983
Originally posted by chris_64256
hal jordan this is why http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f374/kquantum2/hal1.png got to keep a ***** in check lol.....

f*ck that's hilarious... i knew i liked hal for a reason...

1. Hal (after reading his current series, awesome)
2. Guy (brilliantly written at times, incredibly funny)
3. John (used to be my #1, his constructs, to me, are the most interestingly conceived)

Kilowog, Kyle, Katma Tui etc...

Entity
KYLE!!!

Every

Single

Time!

He is the best green lantern period and this has nothing to do with Ion. Thou I can't see them giving anyone better in the DCU that kinda power. cool

Originally posted by Xirius
Kyle, becuase he wasnt the perfect choice for the ring, so he had to work to become the best!

To me thats part of what makes him the perfect choice for the ring!

Entity
Oh and I HATE! Hal. He is the damn Superman of GLs and I freaking hate those boyscouts that never earn anything.
Everything in the whole damn world is just handed to them. mad

STAG BEETLE
Gnort! Can't keep a good dog down!

Validus
Originally posted by Entity
Oh and I HATE! Hal. He is the damn Superman of GLs and I freaking hate those boyscouts that never earn anything.
Hal was a hardcore pedophile before Geoff Johns little known retcon. whistle

Entity
Originally posted by Validus

That explains sooooooooo much. laughing

Scoobless
Originally posted by chris_64256

Comics teach us the truth:

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/84/65196869vf6.th.jpg

shifty

spidey-dude
why did they use a black guy to do GL in the cartoon series ? he sucked anyways compared to the comics.

Juntai
Originally posted by spidey-dude
why did they use a black guy to do GL in the cartoon series ? he sucked anyways compared to the comics. That black guy is actually GL in the comics too.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Juntai
That black guy is actually GL in the comics too. um the last time i looked at a justice league book hes white.

Black Adam
um the last time i looked at a justice league book hes white.

there have been more then one Earth GL Lantern over the years.

Scoobless
um the last time i looked at a justice league book hes white.

There are thousands of Green Lanterns.

4 are from Earth (not including Alan Scott):

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8440/glkz9.th.jpg

The human GLs there are (from left to right) Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Hal Jordan and John Stewart.

John is the one used in the JLU animated series.

The big alien one on the right is Kilowog.

smile

Juntai
um the last time i looked at a justice league book hes white. There's 2 GL's of Earth.

GL John Stewart has been in the JLA.
As has Hal.
As has Kyle.
As has Guy.

spidey-dude
i dont know there names ive just seen different ones before. i know in the cartoon hes john stewart.

pr1983
Originally posted by Entity

the same hal that broke international law just to rescue a woman he cared about? the same hal that did the whole, you know, parallax thing?

Originally posted by Validus

hysterical

Originally posted by Scoobless
Comics teach us the truth:

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/84/65196869vf6.th.jpg

shifty

cool...

StarsNeverFall7
Kyle Rayner for me, had the most creativity with the ring..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.