KMC Serious Lagging...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Piggle Humsy
KMC Has been seriously lagging for me the past 2 days.... I thought it was just my computer so I rebooted but it never stopped and then BakaXero said it was happening to him also... erm
also it is only on KMC.

Incase anyone is unsure what I am on about... It kind of temporarily freezes when I am scrolling and when I type the letters don't show up till a few seconds later...

Is anyone else having this problem? confused

It's extremely annoying for me as my rubbish computer on dial up is slow enough already sad

Koala MeatPie
You just answered your own Question.. Well no really.

Dial Up.

JKozzy
I believe he means slower than normal.

All I can think of is possibly your computer, or your internet connection could be at fault, unless others say they're experiencing the same problems as you.

Jedi Priestess
Try dumping all your temp files and cleaning out your cache.

Raz
Try disabling your anti-virus software.

I had the same problem a while back when I dumped Norton for AVG.

BakaXero
some how i don't think those where the problems
it was happening to me on that day too, KMC was really lagging that day, all other sites i went to where fine.

Raz
So its all good now?

Lana
I tend to have a kind of strange lagging problem....whenever I log on KMC and go to check my PMs, it stalls for about 10 seconds before it loads my inbox. While I've got about a billion PMs, I try and keep my inbox clean, so it's not like it needs to load a lot of stuff. It only happens the first time I check it when I come on, or if I leave the window idle long enough that it thinks I'm offline and then try to open my inbox. It's not a big deal, just kind of annoying sometimes.

Raz
Yep, I get that sometimes.

The PMing system within vB isn't optimized for large amounts of messages, which is why I've been toying with the idea of rewriting it.

Lana
So I'm assuming that means the fact that I've got some 700+ pages saved isn't helping matters too much stick out tongue

If I could save them, I would and just delete them, but the save messages thing doesn't work for me...

Piggle Humsy
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
You just answered your own Question.. Well no really.

Dial Up.

I have been on dial up the whole time so surely I wouldn't just notice a problem now would I? roll eyes (sarcastic) no2

Originally posted by JKozzy
I believe he means slower than normal.

All I can think of is possibly your computer, or your internet connection could be at fault, unless others say they're experiencing the same problems as you.
I'm a she and yes I mean slower than normal, I have never had this problem on kmc before which is why I noticed it.
It is only happening on kmc, every other site I go to is absolutely fine so it can;t be my computer or connection. erm

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Try dumping all your temp files and cleaning out your cache.
I do this everytime I shut down or restart my computer.
which is a few times a day.

Originally posted by Raz
Try disabling your anti-virus software.

I had the same problem a while back when I dumped Norton for AVG.

So its all good now?

I have AVG but it's never had any problem before... I've been using AVG for at least a year... confused

It's still happening.. as I type this I have to wait for the letters to appear and catch up to where I am... erm
and it is definitely only on kmc.... I have 2 other windows open right now and there is no problem with either of them. sad
I think kmc hates me cry

Raz
Try switching browsers, as it may be a plugin problem.

Also make sure you have installed Microsoft Anti-Spyware, as some spyware are known to cause the problems you are experiencing.

Piggle Humsy
well it's been ok for the last 2 days... I haven't done anything different so I have no clue what it was or wasn't.. shrug

but if it happens again I will do what you said and see if it helps. Thanks big grin

Clovie
ermm...

I've been writing and it as if froze..the same way as happened to Piggle confused and had to close FF...coz there was no way to make it work sad

help? bawling

Raz
There is no way a website can make your browser freeze.

You need to check the software there is running on your computer and close any that should not be running.

Clovie
but it was firefox what was 'eating' all the CPU power (dunno how to explain it)
and I had only like three tabs open.. confused and there was nothing with Java.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.