Ultimate Avengers Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007
I just saw a comercial for it. Apparently there's an animated Ultimates (i.e. Avengers in Marvel's Ultimate universe) movie that comes out in a week or two.

...could be cool.

I know nothing else about it, but didn't see anything about it here so I figured I'd make a thread. Thoughts?

Scoobless
you're making it up.... this is even bigger BS than my thread saying Cyclops and Colossus were getting downsized after HoM:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=378299&highlight=power+losses

shifty............... so many people believed me...... evil face

DigiMark007
?!?!?

Dude, I'm being serious. I just saw the commercial. I'll go google it...

{edit} here we go.

http://www.ultimateavengers.com/

Scoobless
damn..... ok, you were right

don't take this wrong but it looks a little.....cartoony..... wink

it doesn't seem to have any of the hardness of the Ultimates.... I doubt Cap will kill anyone and i don't think they got his voice right.... sounds more like Hero Turtles than hard-ass soldier who'll kill you soon as look at you

DigiMark007
stick out tongue

Don't worry though, I agree (I noticed Cap's voice being off some, and he doesn't really seem super-badass). But still....just wanted to get it out there. I'm not super excited about it, but it might be decent. I'll probably buy/rent it just for kicks, even if it isn't up to the comic's standards.

Scoobless
Yeah i'll probably buy it too.... just to add to the collection

sad

steverules
Cool, I'll buy it on UMD so I can watch it on PSP where ever I go.

H. S. 6
I heard about this months ago. stick out tongue

Sir Whirlysplat
2 trailers on comics to films they have been their a while.

FG725
well it should be violent got a PG-13 rating maybe itll be like the street fighter movie only not as crappy

grey fox
Looks kinda anime-ish at the beginning of that trailer kinda like ff7 last order ( promotional piece that comes with advent children)

Knightfall93
I might get that...

snoopdogg
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I heard about this months ago. stick out tongue So have I. It's not a new story though. It's basicaly Ultimates comics into a cartoon.

So we already know what happens.

Knightfall93
Thats a shame but I dont know because ultimates isnt out in England, I can only get ultimate Spiderman and x men here!

Scoobless
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Thats a shame but I dont know because ultimates isnt out in England, I can only get ultimate Spiderman and x men here!

bullsh!t..... I live in Scotland and i have pretty much every issue of Ultimates.... there's no way in hell it gets shipped to Scotland and not england

grey fox
Originally posted by Scoobless
bullsh!t..... I live in Scotland and i have pretty much every issue of Ultimates.... there's no way in hell it gets shipped to Scotland and not england

Nope your wrong their , I'm British and can't get access to ultimate comics (withholding graphic novel format)

Sir Whirlysplat

Order it Orbital Comics are pretty good!

Knightfall93
Well all my local shops have:

Ultimate spiderman and X Men
Avengers United (it's not even always there!)
Fantastic 4 Adventures
Astonishing Spiderman
Mighty World of Marvel
Wolverin and Deadpool
Batman Legends
essential X Men

Sparkz
Im guessing he has a comic shop like me that imports comics from america, the comics that you listed are produced by the Uk, I personaly have the ultimates comics but it takes 1 arc and puts them into a book so i dnt realy get the seperate comics like you would in america, but theyr still the same so i aint complaining.

So basicly if you only have big high street shops you get:
Ultimate spiderman and X Men
Avengers United
Fantastic 4 Adventures
Astonishing Spiderman
Mighty World of Marvel
Wolverin and Deadpool
Batman Legends
essential X Men

But if you have a comic shop you get well just about everything.

Scoobless
Originally posted by grey fox
Nope your wrong their , I'm British and can't get access to ultimate comics (withholding graphic novel format)

hahahaha..... stick out tongue ..... go to Forbidden Planet.... that's where i get all of my comics from (Ultimate or otherwise)

Sir Whirlysplat
hahahaha..... stick out tongue ..... go to Forbidden Planet.... that's where i get all of my comics from (Ultimate or otherwise)

I hate the Corporate approach of FP. Give me the smaller seedier old fashioned comic shop style of places like Orbital everytime.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
I hate the Corporate approach of FP. Give me the smaller seedier old fashioned comic shop style of places like Orbital everytime.

corporate, perhaps, but at least they get the latest issues in.

Orbital?.... i don't know them..... in Edinburgh i only have FP and "Deadhead Comics" (the non-corporate choice) .... i use both ... though mainly FP

Sir Whirlysplat
corporate, perhaps, but at least they get the latest issues in.

Orbital?.... i don't know them..... in Edinburgh i only have FP and "Deadhead Comics" (the non-corporate choice) .... i use both ... though mainly FP

I used to use Skinny Melinks the first comic book shop in London way back when, then Vortex in Bighton I went to Comicon 84 with them and then Fantastic store. The others all shut so now I use Orbital which is near Tottenham court road in Charing Cross road.

Scoobless
"Fantastic Store" - thumb up

great name for a comic shop

laughing out loud

Knightfall93
My bro lives in Leeds so next time i go see him, i'll see if I can get a subscription from a comic shop and get the comic sent to good ol' Spalding!

grey fox
Meh , i have a friend going over America , he promised to pick me up a few comics. Also I'm going up ottakers sometime soon to pick up Hellsing volume five , so i'll browse the graphic novel renditions of the ultimate series .

Sparkz

Hey thats where I go too, I can spend hours looking through thos comics my friends have to drag me away lol.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Sparkz
Hey thats where I go too, I can spend hours looking through thos comics my friends have to drag me away lol.

which city are you in?

they don't like it when you take too long flicking/reading through comics before buying in my experience

embarrasment

Knightfall93
I live in a town... I hate towns! The nearest city is 35 mins away,, I just pray it has a comic shop!

Sir Whirlysplat
I live in a town... I hate towns! The nearest city is 35 mins away,, I just pray it has a comic shop!

Order them from Forbidden Planet through mail order

Sir Whirlysplat
"Fantastic Store" - thumb up

great name for a comic shop

laughing out loud

They actually had a chain for a while, Davids in the Lanes in Brighton is still great it's everything a comic shop should be seedy, with an adult books section behind a curtain wink

Sparkz

Scoobless

spideycarnage
have anyone seen the movie yet?? how is it???

Arahan
Hulk is such a bad ass

WrathfulDwarf
I wanna see this movie ASAP! big grin

DigiMark007
Merging with the thread directly below this...we don't need 2 on the same movie.

Knightfall93
good

Disappear
not particularly impressive. there were only a few cool parts, like when hulk breaks pym's big ass kneecap, which is fine a few minutes later. the main part of the plot DISAPPEARS before the end of the movie, with no resolution. the only redeeming parts were some of the funny bits they probably didn't mean to be funny, like when thor goes on and on about his fights with asgardian this and that, then ends it calling the guy "whale-killer!" felt kinda cheap, and the animation felt wrong every time somebody moved. cap was relatively badass, though much more 616-based than i think he's supposed to be. oh well. decent rental.

willRules

I live in England and I have bought Ultimates from forbidden planet yes

Knightfall93
Rating, 1-10. any good?

Darth Vicious
5. While it wasnt terrible I expected more from an animated movie. It felt like watching a really long saturday morning cartoon. It couldve been much better.

Sparkz
yeah... i think they let me away with reading as well.... i've been going there for over 10 years (actually they've changed location since i started going but i'm still a semi-regular customer)

Lol mine moved too pains they used to be another world, luckily the refurbished, even if had to go on a hunt to find the new shop lol

snoopdogg
Where was Hawkeye?

And how in the hell did Hulk lift Thors Hammer?

buffymitch
i don't really know what the Avengers are all about but damn this cartoon was really great. little bit short but it had action like you expect from a comic book . When's the next one coming out? They are my favorite right next to X-men. I hope to see more of these guys

snoopdogg
The next Ultimates cartoon comes out in October.

And BlackPanther debuts in it!

DigiMark007
I saw the film.

I was kinda short-ish...and there wasn't anything terribly surprising. But I enjoyed it.

There was actually quite a few moments that I found hilarious....both ones that were intended as funny, and ones that weren't.

redcaped
Hey...I bought the dvd and there was only 1 left and the only store...Kmart. The sequel now in production brings "black panther" and the heroes have a better chance to introduce themselves. This is Ultimate Avengers not The Avengers which explains the differences in costume design and how Hulk was able to lift Thor's hammer...in other words...this is just a warm up for the real movie...I think!!!

DigiMark007
But they did make it so Hulk struggled like hell to pick up Mjolnir....still, him lifting it at all was kinda dumb. But every scene with Thor was funny and/or cool.

redcaped
Animation makes no movie. In this case comics are the real story and Hulk is mortal...this means that no matter how he may want to lift this hammer=not possible. Thanks 007. Remember, they always use this technique for the audience so they can have the real thing later...I think!!!

Lord-of-Dreams
Yeah... it was kinda stupid, hulk lifting mjolnir... but it's all good...
It was an ok movie... aside from the complete and utter lack of plot, lack of badguy... and lack of hawkeye... Also, Ironman was such a puss. He should have done more, and not been a playboy like he was, it was too wierd. Giantman... getting his leg broken... then healing... wtf... Hulk was pretty cool, same with Thor, but come on, marvel!!! give that guy one character. First he's all noble and whatever... then he is a kiddy fool... he's a god AND a mortal idiot with powers? Cap should have done more, I wanted to see him make more kills... and those aliens were so wack!! Also, the conflict resolutions that went down were both bad, especially the one with the aliens!!! ughh
So, I give it 4/10 in terms of comictomovie, since its kinda wierd if you've read the books, butr 6/10 for actual movie, since the plot sucked and the characters sucked.
Yeah, next one is out in June... it said in the dvd... and it has my man, BlackPanther!!! He looks so cool (the art was one thing I loved)!! I think this is a forshadow to biger, beter things BP will be in big grin
I have lots more to say, but I'm out of breath... lol

batdude123
I thought that Captain America was portrayed awesomly! I liked that one scene where Nick Fury had a gun pointed to his head and Captain America totally took his a$$ out!

NoFate007
I thought it was pretty bad. I mean, look at the cast of characters. Giant-Man? Black Widow? WASP??

Then you've got characters that had no build up whatsoever and basically meant nothing, like Gail. You're supposed to just assume there's this awesome relationship, and by doing that, it loses all of its effectiveness. Then, the main characters for the most part had like no part in the film. What did Thor do? Thor made a ship turn right, drank 3 glasses of booze, exchanged a few punches with Hulk and smiled. God, even the whole plot of the film, the aliens, there were only a few of them and they just showed up and died basically.

1-10 scale, 10 being the best thing I've ever seen....2.5

I was expecting better. The best part of the film was....I don't even know. Fury's eyepatch.

Scoobless
I just finished watching it 2 minutes ago:

Originally posted by NoFate007
I thought it was pretty bad. I mean, look at the cast of characters. Giant-Man? Black Widow? WASP??

Then you've got characters that had no build up whatsoever and basically meant nothing, like Gail. You're supposed to just assume there's this awesome relationship, and by doing that, it loses all of its effectiveness. Then, the main characters for the most part had like no part in the film. What did Thor do? Thor made a ship turn right, drank 3 glasses of booze, exchanged a few punches with Hulk and smiled. God, even the whole plot of the film, the aliens, there were only a few of them and they just showed up and died basically.

Actually all the stuff you stated there were the parts that stayed closest to the original Ultimates run

Gail only appeared once or twice

Thor only showed up once in the middle to talk then right at the end to fight Hulk

The cast was correct (exept maybe Black Widow)

The strange thing was, they could have squeezed in the main points of the first two runs of the comics.... and for the most part they did.... but they had it all in the wrong order:

Originally Giant Man, iron Man and Wasp were on the team before they found Captain america and the hulk fight should have been before the alien fight

wink

Also, why did they bother with the whole Vibranium thing? that was never part of it..... and why didn't they have the Klinsman (or whatever his name was) come back at the end to die?.... originally the Hulk ate him... which was very, very cool!

Rewmac
Maybe some people will knock me, but I liked the movie....It was good to see the Ultimates work on the screen, bit more of Iron Man and Thor would've been better though. Iron Man got a bit weaker, he should be more difficult for The Hulk.

Scoobless
Iron Man got punked in every scene he was in.

and Giant Man thinks he's the team's most powerful member? laughing out loud

redcaped
When is movie 3 coming out?

Ultraman Baltan
It was pretty good. The second one was crap, though.

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Doc Potato
Rating, 1-10. any good?

First: 8
Second: 2

Scoobless
I don't know why they changed the Black Panther's powers (though maybe an Ultimate Version of BP will turn into a large cat)

shrug

Dinalfos
it was indeed a noisy, overlong saturday morning cartoon. But it was sort of fun to watch.

Doc Potato
I thought UA1 was OK... entertaining, though far from perfect. very much enjoyable... though I admit to havin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.