Cosmic Spidey vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Kal-El
I say Thanos.

Jesse7
Cosmic Spidey!!! Stan Lee said he is the most powerful hero of all of Marvel. (Yes it was said some time during the late 80's I think, but still, TOAA, LT, The beyonder, Phoenix Force, all existed at that time, because hey they are older then twenty years, so taking it to the edges of context, Cosmic Spidey is more powerful then all of them mwhahahahahah!) ^_^

Spawnrules
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
I say Thanos.

id say thanos to

spideycarnage
Originally posted by Jesse7
Cosmic Spidey!!! Stan Lee said he is the most powerful hero of all of Marvel. (Yes it was said some time during the late 80's I think, but still, TOAA, LT, The beyonder, Phoenix Force, all existed at that time, because hey they are older then twenty years, so taking it to the edges of context, Cosmic Spidey is more powerful then all of them mwhahahahahah!) ^_^
thumb up

demigawd

Except LT, PF, Beyonder, TOAA aren't heroes.

And neither is Thanos.

DigiMark007
What demi said....none of those entities are heroes. About the best you could say is he was more powerful than Strange, Thor, Surfer etc....the strongest heroes at the time. And Stan was just catering to the fans. Twenty years have passed, and Thanos has destroyed the universe a few times since then.

Sixth_Winged
Thanos. And yes, Stan was definitely catering true believers.

Dark-Kenshin
Spidey. Without his cosmic powers, he has beaten foes within silver surfers league(and screw that PIS crap, it happened because Spiderman is the true super hero).

With them, there's no telling what he could do to Thano. Also, Silver Surfer can fight evenly with Galactucus, and if Spidey is more powerful than him, then he wouldn't even have to apply any skill to beat Thanos.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Spidey. Without his cosmic powers, he has beaten foes within silver surfers league(and screw that PIS crap, it happened because Spiderman is the true super hero).

With them, there's no telling what he could do to Thano. Also, Silver Surfer can fight evenly with Galactucus, and if Spidey is more powerful than him, then he wouldn't even have to apply any skill to beat Thanos.

doh

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by TheKahn
doh

hysterical yes

Dark-Kenshin
Wow, you never let it go.

laughing

Don't know what you're laughing at, but everyone is doing it, and I wanna be popular.

Sixth_Winged
Whatever...

Darth Kal-El

laughing

Don't know what you're laughing at, but everyone is doing it, and I wanna be popular. how can you not get it?

"With them, there's no telling what he could do to Thano. Also, Silver Surfer can fight evenly with Galactucus, and if Spidey is more powerful than him, then he wouldn't even have to apply any skill to beat Thanos. "

Dark-Kenshin
Oh that?

Lets see now, Spiderman during his cosmic phase was bestowed upon himself the powers of Captain Universe, and took down Tri Sentinal, Magneto, and the Hulk quite easily. We didn't even see the limits to the web heads powers

This PIS thing is entirely subjective. Stan Lee decides to show how worthy of a hero Spiderman is, and you all simply call it bad writing. Fact is, it happened, and it's in canon. What's not to understand?

spideycarnage

laughing

Don't know what you're laughing at, but everyone is doing it, and I wanna be popular.

dude sliver surfer is only 1% of galactus total power, meaning that Big G is 100 times stonger than surfer...i like surfer but i cant give him that much credit..also thanos is not stonger than galactus either...

but yeah i do agree with u cosmic spiderman can beat thanos

Sixth_Winged
Oh that?

Lets see now, Spiderman during his cosmic phase was bestowed upon himself the powers of Captain Universe, and took down Tri Sentinal, Magneto, and the Hulk quite easily. We didn't even see the limits to the web heads powers

So? That's supposed to be something to Thanos right?

TheKahn
Maybe I'm not giving Cosmic Spidey enough credit, but Thanos went toe to toe with Odin in Asgard and reguarly pimp slaps the Surfer for fun. Does anyone know if any Captain Universe has done anything in that league?

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by spideycarnage
dude sliver surfer is only 1% of galactus total power, meaning that Big G is 100 times stonger than surfer...i like surfer but i cant give him that much credit..also thanos is not stonger than galactus either...

but yeah i do agree with u cosmic spiderman can beat thanos

I'm confused, I thought silver surfer fought galactucus, and tied him, around the time he saved Galactucus's life, and was freed from being a herald. Or was that simply a one-shot storyline?

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
So?

That's all folks.
big grin

spideycarnage
I'm confused, I thought silver surfer fought galactucus, and tied him, around the time he saved Galactucus's life, and was freed from being a herald.

i've never read that comic but it must of been a severlly weakened/starved galactus...

spideycarnage
So? That's supposed to be something to Thanos right?
laughing
wat ur trying to say that hulk, mags are push overs now? if he can defeat them rather easily than he can put up at least a desent fight against thanos. ur giving thanos way too much credit

TheKahn
laughing
wat ur trying to say that hulk, mags are push overs now? if he can defeat them rather easily than he can put up at least a desent fight against thanos. ur giving thanos way too much credit

Not necessarly, the Surfer could own them easily but gets slapped around by Thanos all the time.

spideycarnage
i just htink its debatable.. if stan lee really thought that cosmic spidey was the most powerfullest super hero at the time i say he can certainlly give thanos a run for his money.. the problem with cosmic spidey is he hasent been around for too long, very few feats.

Sixth_Winged
laughing

Check his respect thread here in KMC and find out. They are no pushover, but they're not something thanos would sweat bood over either.....as a team.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by TheKahn
Not necessarly, the Surfer could own them easily but gets slapped around by Thanos all the time.

I've never seen Surfer and Thanos fight. Just how did Thanos beat him so easily. Surfer should just be able absorb all of his energy, shouldn't he?

demigawd
Did he just say "most powerfullest"?

TheKahn
I've never seen Surfer and Thanos fight. Just how did Thanos beat him so easily. Surfer should just be able absorb all of his energy, shouldn't he?

This sums up just about all of their fights:
http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img75&image=surf0na.jpg

Check out the Thanos respect thread
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t356352.html

Sixth_Winged
That's all folks.
big grin

It is, isn't it?

Dark-Kenshin
So did Silver Surfer absorb the energy around him, or Thano's energy, or what?

Dark-Kenshin
It is, isn't it? Yeah, pretty much.

Marcus4600
Cosmic Spidey is on the level of Sentry, easy. Take a look at some of the feats he has. He knocked Hulk into orbit.

DigiMark007
I'm confused, I thought silver surfer fought galactucus, and tied him, around the time he saved Galactucus's life, and was freed from being a herald. Or was that simply a one-shot storyline?

Erm, where to begin?

Galactus CREATED Silver Surfer. Surfer may have helped save him at one point, but in no canon comic is he anywhere near Big G in power. I defy you to name an issue that states otherwise.

Cosmic Spidey took down Grey Hulk, stalemated Magneto, and beat Graviton and the Tri-Sentinel. The only one of those that even puts him at herald level is the Graviton fight. And Thanos is quite a ways beyond herald....he can slap around most of them with ease, including Surfer and Graviton.

There was nothing PIS about Spidey getting the Captain Universe powers. But really, we're not talking about Cosmic Spidey vs. Thanos....it's just Captain Universe vs. Thanos...and nowhere has a Cpt. U. displayed as much power as Thanos routinely shows. Again, if anyone can provide evidence to the contrary I'd be happy to change my opinion.

...*sigh*...hopefully this sets things right a bit.

-DM

Sixth_Winged
Yeah, pretty much.

It sure is, sport. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jesse7
Originally posted by DigiMark007
What demi said....none of those entities are heroes. About the best you could say is he was more powerful than Strange, Thor, Surfer etc....the strongest heroes at the time. And Stan was just catering to the fans. Twenty years have passed, and Thanos has destroyed the universe a few times since then.

A hero is defined as
a : a mythological or legendary figure often of divine descent endowed with great strength or ability
b : an illustrious warrior
c : a man admired for his achievements and noble qualities
d : one that shows great courage

Thanos by definition can be defined as a hero, has he not shown great courage, is thanos not illustrious? Living Tribunal can be defined as a hero, has not LT tried to keep the universe and the multi-verse in order, has he not tried to proetect it and defend it from evil? LT has fought against beings who threatened the Universe or multi-verse, in particular their was a comic in which a being was taking over one of the marvel universes in which LT fought him, although LT could not defeat him he closed off that universe so that being's evil could not spread (Korvac in the what if who is not as strong as eternity or at least as strong but not stronger). Is that not showing courage, is that not illustrious?

Thanos, Living Tribunal, Phoenix, TOAA, were all in existence at the time Stan Lee stated that Cosmic Spiderman is the most powerful hero in all of Marvel.

Oh that?

This PIS thing is entirely subjective. Stan Lee decides to show how worthy of a hero Spiderman is, and you all simply call it bad writing. Fact is, it happened, and it's in canon. What's not to understand?

I do agree, Stan Lee stated it, it is canon regardless of what any forum says or any fan thinks otherwise. Disagree with it or not, believe it or not, it is canon. I also agree that only the very tip of Cosmic Spidey's power and potential was shown, which is further backed up by Stan Lee saying that Cosmic Spidey is the most powerful hero of Marvel.

Dark-Kenshin
It sure is, sport. roll eyes (sarcastic) Yeah, such a bother. 'Till next time son. wink

Dark-Kenshin
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is what Stan was going for. But I'm not sure if he meant raw power. I was thinking it along the lines of powers like those combined with the mind of Spiderman, making him pose a threat to any challenger. He is someone who has already beaten class 60-80 foes with strategy rather than powers in the past.

DigiMark007
A hero is defined as
a : a mythological or legendary figure often of divine descent endowed with great strength or ability
b : an illustrious warrior
c : a man admired for his achievements and noble qualities
d : one that shows great courage

Thanos by definition can be defined as a hero, has he not shown great courage, is thanos not illustrious? Living Tribunal can be defined as a hero, has not LT tried to keep the universe and the multi-verse in order, has he not tried to proetect it and defend it from evil? LT has fought against beings who threatened the Universe or multi-verse, in particular their was a comic in which a being was taking over one of the marvel universes in which LT fought him, although LT could not defeat him he closed off that universe so that being's evil could not spread (Korvac in the what if who is not as strong as eternity or at least as strong but not stronger). Is that not showing courage, is that not illustrious?

Thanos, Living Tribunal, Phoenix, TOAA, were all in existence at the time Stan Lee stated that Cosmic Spiderman is the most powerful hero in all of Marvel.

I do agree, Stan Lee stated it, it is canon regardless of what any forum says or any fan thinks otherwise. Disagree with it or not, believe it or not, it is canon. I also agree that only the very tip of Cosmic Spidey's power and potential was shown, which is further backed up by Stan Lee saying that Cosmic Spidey is the most powerful hero of Marvel.

You're being way too absolute about heroes though. That's all well and good, but do you think Stan was thinking of LT when he said that?? Doubtful, at best. Hero in a comic sense usually means the broad term "good guys". Entities like Galactus, Pheonix, LT, etc. are realtively neutral...acting on some higher purpose, but generally indifferent towards notions of good and evil. They aren't bad guys, but neither are they the "good guys"...and are usually being opposed by some of the good guys (X-Men, FF, etc.).

The strongest "hero" at the time Stan said that was either Strange, Thor, or Surfer depending on who you're talking to...none of whom are at Thanos level (except perhaps for Strange with tons of prep).

I'm not saying Stan was wrong, or lying. What I am saying is that there's a healthy amount of interpretation that can go into it, and interpreting it to mean "Cosmic Spidey's the most powerful being in existence" is a ridiculous stretch. And while none of us have the definitive truth on it since C. Spidey didn't have many showings, I feel that mine is the much more plausible scenario.

Sixth_Winged
Yeah, such a bother. 'Till next time son. wink

Why of course, i'll be waiting roll eyes (sarcastic)

grey fox
Originally posted by Marcus4600
Cosmic Spidey is on the level of Sentry, easy. Take a look at some of the feats he has. He knocked Hulk into orbit.

By accident !!!

Thanos kills spidey in a single blow before teleporting away to kick thor's ass and beat on sun dipped supes.

LordFear
Listen people. I know that Spider-man can do no wrong or cannot be defeated in your world but in Marvel's Universe, THERE IS NO CHANCE IN HELL THAT THANOS IS GETTING PUT DOWN BY HIM.
NO EFFING WAY!!!!

Dark-Kenshin
But the underdog goes against all odds, and wins all of the time in the MU. I think you're confusing the MU with the DCU(excluding Batman)

Dark-Kenshin
Why of course, i'll be waiting roll eyes (sarcastic) Be afraid, be very afraid.....evil face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.