Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (360)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ast
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/2932/zzz7jg.th.jpg

It looks like it could be the systems best game yet. big grin

Its the game Ive been looking forward to the most since the 360 was announced. The amount of customization in the multiplayer sounds awesome. stick out tongue

mud_blood_princ
it looks ok, not typically a game I would buy right away. get some info on it after it comes out before you buy it

Ast
Originally posted by mud_blood_princ
get some info on it after it comes out before you buy it

Not me, I love the original games, I have no doubt that Im picking this up. big grin

King_Thorin
i might get this game, i do love playin the medal of honor games alot, so i might like this one.

Spartan005
Once I get a 360, this is gonna be one of my first games.... along with either Oblivion, PGR, or Perfect Dark Zero cool

Ast
Only problem, Burnout comes out the same day, how am I gonna divide my time? stick out tongue

Spartan005
^ Burnout looks pretty intense too.... its funny because I never even slightly appreciated racing games until I got my hands on the demo of PGR 3 at Gamestop. But not to get off topic....

PVS
i have GRAW on preorder along with burnout. im sure GRAW will win the "which game to unwrap first" dilemma. then i can finally drop CoD2 from my collection and from my memory.

Spartan005
^ You thought Call of Duty 2 was bad? I played it at a friends house and on a demo at Gamestop, and it seemed pretty cool to me.

PVS
Originally posted by Spartan005
^ You thought Call of Duty 2 was bad? I played it at a friends house and on a demo at Gamestop, and it seemed pretty cool to me.

yeah, but the multiplayer is nonfunctional.
so once you beat the game, its useless.

Ast
I never finished COD, it got too repetitive.

PVS
Originally posted by AstroFan
I never finished COD, it got too repetitive.

yeah...sure...thats what they all say smokin'

BackFire
I'm skeptical about this game, the first Ghost Recon is outstanding, the sequel is supposed to be very bad.

This game has gorgeous graphics, but that's not enough to make the game good if that's all it has going for it.

AstroFan
Originally posted by BackFire
the sequel is supposed to be very bad.

Why? Because its designed for consoles? roll eyes (sarcastic)

There were a few problems, but it wasnt really gameplay related, mostly technical.

BackFire
No, because it got piss poor reviews across the board.

AstroFan
The XBOX version got good reviews, the other versions were garbage of course.

BackFire
Nope, Xbox got reviews that were a bit better. But it was still seen as a disapointment when compared to the original, which again, is outstanding.

PVS
ghost recon and its sequel (jungle storm was it?)
were kickass as console games. then they switched it all '
around for ghost recon 2 and it rreally sucked inho.

i have faith that they wont disappoint this time though...maybe a fool's hope,
since i already ordered it

Smasandian
Originally posted by PVS
yeah, but the multiplayer is nonfunctional.
so once you beat the game, its useless.

Well not the PC version.

Ghost Recon did kick ass on the PC.
I dont know why they went to an third person perspective for the second one. Way to alienate your original fan base.

AstroFan
Great review from IGN, 9.2......

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/694/694274p1.html

big grin big grin big grin

Getting this and Burnout tomorrow morning. stick out tongue

PVS
got GRAW Happy Dance

unfortunately i have to wait another hour and a half to get out of work and go home to play it weep

i love the idea of exclusive coop missions.

perhaps we should start a kmc clan? stick out tongue

Smasandian
Yeah, this looks really cool.

I'm even thinking of getting an XBOX 360, but I think I might see if its good on the PC.

BackFire
Just got this months EGM and they reviewed it. They said it's excellent, got really high scores: 10, 9, 9.5

PVS
multiplayer: BEST. FRIKEN. EVER.

if blazing angels turns out as cool im going to have a serious dilemma in choosing which to play. burnout is awesome as well, though i always get stomped online, so i dont play much multiplayer with that.

i must say though that the campaign mode is a pain in the ass...i really dont like it much. im sick of getting stuck to walls (if you play you'll surely understand what i mean) as far as campaign play goes, i think CoD2 wins hands down. too bad they ****ed up the multiplayer so bad sad

BackFire
Stuck in walls...?

Sounds like pretty massive bug if I'm understanding your correctly.

AstroFan
No, in single player your player goes against walls Solid Snake style, its not a bug. stick out tongue

PVS
right, its a feature thats supposed to add to the realism, but it seems that with every 'realistic' improvement they make, the game is more of a pain in the ass...and more unrealistic. the feature is that when you run against a wall/vehicle/box...etc you stick to it, like in splinter cell. only thing is you really dont have much of a choice because it does it automatically.
then factor in sluggishness in the time it takes to stick and get unstuck, and then factor in the enemy shooting right at you while your stuck in this bullshit routine. not very realistic and very frustrating. so yes, its like the wall is a damn magnet and if you're not careful, you get temporarily stuck without the ability to defend yourself and then *BANG* *GAME OVER* mad thankfully they left this 'realistic feature' out of multiplayer

Stalker 360
got the game today and i love it played abit of live with my mates had fun great game a must have campaige is frecking uber hard but hella fun i give it a 9.5

BackFire
Are you sure you can't turn that off in the options menu, PVS.

Also, is this like the original Ghost Recon, where you can die if you get shot once?

forumcrew
im still not sure about this, its pretty much the best rated game for 360, but GR 2 sucked majorly, they really ruined a great game with 2, so Ill have to see if they fixed their errors.

PVS
Are you sure you can't turn that off in the options menu, PVS.

nope. you're stuck with it

Also, is this like the original Ghost Recon, where you can die if you get shot once?

a head shot will kill you in one shot, body shots can be one shot or even up to three maybe four. multiplayer reminds me of the original ghost recon, which rules

PVS
ok, i was playing graw multiplayer on the 'wharf' map. anyway, im running around under the docks with nightvision on and see an enemy appear all of the sudden. i guess i got too exited and accidentally clicked the left thumbstick when i just wanted to run to the side, so i dropped to the ground. messed

but here's the kicker: turns out 2 of his teammates were stalking me from behind (in fact, they were all on the same i.p. playing splitscreen) and when i dropped to the ground all 3 of them killed eachother in the crossfire laughing out loud
i just got back up and ran off without a scratch. doubt that will ever happen again. it was like something out of an action movie. i would kill for a replay video!!!

Stalker 360
sweet dude very sweet reminds me of the halo fun iv had crouch in crossfire ducked two plasma grenades and they stuck each other i ran of with a blue explosion behind me

H. S. 6
Originally posted by PVS
ok, i was playing graw multiplayer on the 'wharf' map. anyway, im running around under the docks with nightvision on and see an enemy appear all of the sudden. i guess i got too exited and accidentally clicked the left thumbstick when i just wanted to run to the side, so i dropped to the ground. messed

but here's the kicker: turns out 2 of his teammates were stalking me from behind (in fact, they were all on the same i.p. playing splitscreen) and when i dropped to the ground all 3 of them killed eachother in the crossfire laughing out loud
i just got back up and ran off without a scratch. doubt that will ever happen again. it was like something out of an action movie. i would kill for a replay video!!!

laughing

That's awesome. I would rub it in their faces as if I meant to do it. stick out tongue

I just bought this game, but I haven't had the chance to play it yet. I'm going to, though... soon. big grin

DarkC
I saw the ad for this. It looks spectacular.

PVS

PVS
download content is almost here! unfortunately we'll have to pay for it, but whatever.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/711/711639p1.html

June 7, 2006 - Today Ubisoft unveiled a detailed list of what will be included in the anticipated downloadable content for the popular first-person tactical shooter Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for the Xbox 360.

The update, called Chapter 2, is packed to the gills with brand-new future army man goodness such as a continuation of the co-op campaign with four new missions through such terrorist-rife territories as coffee plantations, shipping ports, and jungle mines.

No first-person, strategic, futuristic army combat title update would be complete without new guns! GRAW's content package is packing five with something for everyone: a silenced sniper rifle, an updated version of the standard US carbine rifle, a fat new grenade launcher/rifle, a modified AK-47 featuring full-auto only fire, and rifle with improved optics for long-range killin'.

Other content in Chapter 2 includes: eight relit multiplayer maps, two new game types, four new character faces, and fresh camouflage patterns straight off the runways in Grenada to help keep your soldiers trendy.

Chapter 2 should be available through Xbox Live Marketplace by the end of the month. Ubisoft has yet to disclose a price.

PVS

PVS
the new maps are now available for download. aprox 15$

BackFire
I think it's pretty shitty that they make you pay for updates. I mean, $60 for the game and then $50 for Xbox Live. I think these updates should be free if you own Xbox Live Gold.

Smasandian
I think it's pretty shitty that they make you pay for updates. I mean, $60 for the game and then $50 for Xbox Live. I think these updates should be free if you own Xbox Live Gold.

True.

It makes Steam look good eh?

darth_royke
had this with my 360... think its terrible. though its not my cup of tea anyway. going to trade it in laters methinks

PVS

...but we pay much more for expansion packs on pc games.

BackFire
But we don't pay for their online service, as we do with Xbox Live. Plus expansion packs for PC games have more content then this update for Ghost Recon.

PVS
ok, played the maps. shipping port is just frikin gigantic. sniper's paradise.
they also added a team game mode in which both teams also have a.i. soldiers. the other maps i.m.h.o. kinda blow. what i do also like is old town morning, and wharf day. i guess i dont regret buying it...should have been better...but oh well

AstroFan
I ****ing hate people on XBL, 98% of them are dicks. I cant join a game for 2 seconds without getting ejected. erm

Smasandian
Originally posted by PVS
...but we pay much more for expansion packs on pc games.

As Backfire said, they'res a difference between an update to an expansion.

If you look at Valve, they make you pay for Episodes that include an competly new SP game, and updated MP game for $17 bucks on Steam.

While they're updates like giving new maps, modes and all that stuff is free aside from the Internet connection you pay for.

PVS
I ****ing hate people on XBL, 98% of them are dicks. I cant join a game for 2 seconds without getting ejected. erm

thats what you get for never joining my games. enjoy your fate schmoll

Smasandian
Originally posted by PVS

I do kinda of agree with Astro.

They're a few times when I got kicked out because of no reason. I dont really mind, but it's kinda of annoying. Also that I never played online, so when I started my first game, I got kicked because I didnt know where to go.

PVS
i was not disagreeing with astro. assholes are dime-a-dozen on xbox live. the key is playing with friends and thus avoiding them.

AstroFan
Originally posted by PVS

Im not big on elimination, I like siege, but right now I dont care. stick out tongue

thefallen544
Yeah I have this game and it is good I do really enjoy it but I try and play ranked games and within three seconds I'm either kicked out or I hear the "Hey want me to kick the rank one" and I just leave. I get kicked because I'm low ranked and can't rank up because I'm kicked. I mainly go public matches and I'm really not bad get +ve scores most of the time but as said there are a lot of dicks on live.

Smasandian
Originally posted by PVS
i was not disagreeing with astro. assholes are dime-a-dozen on xbox live. the key is playing with friends and thus avoiding them.

I know I know.

I should of said, I agree with you Astro.

Yeah, but nonbody I know has XBOX 360.

What doesnt make sense to me is that you would think people would want people to play the game, so it doesnt get boring with the same players. It's pretty much key to mod PC online and other PC games to bring in the newb's so the game gets more popular.

AstroFan
I get kicked out of games because I have a rank of 1, but thats because I havent played in months, but I do actually know how to play. roll eyes (sarcastic)

PVS
OMG RANK 1??? *puts astro on ignore*

stick out tongue

btw i am rank 2, because i played 2 ranked matches, kicked ass, but got bored with all the nonsense that comes with ranked games.

AstroFan
GRAW 2 Announced!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6160416.html?tag=latestnews;title;0

J-Beowulf
Yay!!

Spartan005
GRAW 2 Announced!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6160416.html?tag=latestnews;title;0

WOOT!

*remembers to get past the third level in GRAW*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.