batman vs superman, bats with strength of aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AJ4LIFE
who will win bats with strength of aquaman but normal skill
or supes with no lazer beams

takes place in bat cave no leaving

Knightfall93
Batman uses kryptonite ring, he has traps to hold off supes while he gets ring.. KO Supes. But if you give him strength of aquaman thats dumb because your maig your own charcater...

AJ4LIFE
i made him have super strength because i wanted no gadgets, i didnt think about ring i wanted it mostly to be hand to hand but whatever u think i respect

Knightfall93
Hand to hand, supes ould cripple him EASILY in one blow if he didnt hold back!

AJ4LIFE
bats got martial arts he can take him, with strength of aqua he can knock him out eventally

spetznaz
Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
i made him have super strength because i wanted no gadgets, i didnt think about ring i wanted it mostly to be hand to hand but whatever u think i respect

Batman, with his skills and the strength of Aquaman (and nothing else) versus Kal-El.
Plus you want this to be hand-to-hand.

The result will be a Superman win 10/10.

Why?

Superman's strength (even if he doesn't use any of his other abilities) is simply too far beyond that of Aquaman.
Aquaman is extremely strong (and very underestimated), however I doubt Superman would even notice a difference between Bruce's normal strength and Aquaman's strength.

This is akin to putting a tug-of-war between the space shuttle and a mouse, and then changing the game and making it be between the space shuttle and an enraged bull.
Now, the enraged bull is many times stronger than the mouse, but the result will still be the same .....the shuttle will drag either of them with the greatest ease.

Aquaman's strength will not enable Bruce to face up to Kal-El.

Now, make it Wonderwoman's (or Shazam's) and we have a different situation.

AJ4LIFE
i done it because i wanted to see if bats could bet him had to hand.... and im dseperate, i wanted to see if bats could overcome odds and beat him if had strength of ww or shazam it would go to bats because of style, give me an idea for a thread i want one succsefull forum

Knightfall93
In death in the fmily, batman punches supes and Clark tells him if supoes hadnt rolled with the punch, bats would have been CRIPPLED!

AJ4LIFE
oh i remember that i got that comic up stairs its quiet sad have u got it

The Ion
Originally posted by spetznaz
Batman, with his skills and the strength of Aquaman (and nothing else) versus Kal-El.
Plus you want this to be hand-to-hand.

The result will be a Superman win 10/10.

Why?

Superman's strength (even if he doesn't use any of his other abilities) is simply too far beyond that of Aquaman.
Aquaman is extremely strong (and very underestimated), however I doubt Superman would even notice a difference between Bruce's normal strength and Aquaman's strength.

This is akin to putting a tug-of-war between the space shuttle and a mouse, and then changing the game and making it be between the space shuttle and an enraged bull.
Now, the enraged bull is many times stronger than the mouse, but the result will still be the same .....the shuttle will drag either of them with the greatest ease.

Aquaman's strength will not enable Bruce to face up to Kal-El.

Now, make it Wonderwoman's (or Shazam's) and we have a different situation.
Agreed. What was it J'onn said to Orin? You have a lot of magic in that hand but you're still no match for Superman.

AJ4LIFE
yes but with skill of bats he cantake out supes

The Ion
yes but with skill of bats he cantake out supes
No he can't. Orin is a skilled fighter himself and though he would never back down from Supes, he knows he couldn't win one on one.

On another note, I have to say the staredown between Orin and Supes in Superman #208 is one of my favorite scenes in any comic.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/111/superman20818193qn.th.jpg

AJ4LIFE
he may be skilled but bats is IT

spetznaz
he may be skilled but bats is IT

The thing is that,simply put, Batman (even with the strength of Aquaman) cannot take out Superman physically. While Aquaman's strength is formidable it still is not sufficient to allow one to go toe to toe with Superman (even if Superman did not use any of his other powers).

I've said before that this is one of the major conundrums when it comes to Aquaman .....he is extremely powerful (he is strong ....even going as far as lifting a city block, a feat that in Marvel would have him pretty high up in the strength scale, has powerful telepathy, is very fast both under and above water, is resilient to a lot of harm, is a good tactical planner, and a skilled fighter), and has been shown to have highly attuned senses (shown to be able to see in near darkness, plus written to have good enough hearing to locate a human heartbeat). Add to this the fact that he has the ability to utilize magic through his Water Hand, and powerful magic at that!
Thus the guy is extremely powerful, and very well rounded ....actually very very well rounded (he is far more than a 'fishman').

The only problem is that he belongs in the JLA .....where there are characters far stronger than him (eg the big 3: S, MM,WW), a character with greater telepathic abilities (MM by far), characters that are faster (Flash, S, MM, WW, GL), better tacticians (MM and BM), and while the Water Hand is powerful he is still not one of the premier magic users in DC (to be honest Zatanna is even more versatile than he is) and so on.
He is extremely powerful, but pales when compared to his peers.

A good analogy would be comparing a WW2 era Messerschmitt ME262, one of the first jet fighters (and an amazing wonder in its day since it could do things prop planes wouldn't dare imagine) with the F-22 Raptor.
While the ME262 was an amazing work of technology back then, compared to the Raptor it is literally flying junk.

Aquaman is extremely powerful, and virtually ANYWHERE else he would really truly shine.
He has a very formidable mix of powers, and all of them are to a very high degree (the dude is seriously well rounded). Anywhere else (eg in the X-men for example) Orin (Aquaman) would be one of the more powerful members, and definitely one of the most well rounded. He would bring a mix of magic, very high strength levels (especially with Marvel's 100-ton rating system, which I always find silly), a good degree of telepathy (both communicative and combative), good speed, highly attuned sensory abilities, a good degree of resilience to harm, and a honed tactical mind. He would more than shine in the X-men, and could very well be a team on his own (if he had flight he would be self sufficient, although being from an aquatic race flight is not necessary since swimming is basically flying under water....although for some reason Marvel's Namor, who hails from under the waves, can not only fly but has WINGS WITH FEATHERS ON HIS FEET!!!!!!!!!! Quickly moving on before I say something to offend Namor/Marvel fans ........)

The only problem is that next to his JLA peers all those attributes pale, and pale considerably.
Every single characteristic of Orin (apart from maybe the ability to breath underwater, and even THAT can probably be trumped by WonderWoman and any Green Lantern) pales next to his other JLA pals.
He is extremely powerful, but they are beyond that.

Anyways, a fight between someone with Aquaman's strength, and Superman, would lead to a quick win by Superman.
While Orin is very strong (extremely strong), he is simply not a match for Kal-El.
Thus Batman with Orin's strength (and nothing else) wouldn't help him at all. He'd still be far weaker than Superman.

AJ4LIFE
oh i give up

TheKahn
oh i give up

Its just that for skill to be effective you need to have a certain level of strength behind it. Aquaman doesn't have the strength to physically hurt Superman, so even if you combine that strength with Batman's skill you are still not able to harm Superman.

Now, like someone else said, if you give Bats a higher level of strength (such as Wonder Woman, Orion, or Cap Marvel) then he would have the strength to make use of his skill.

Knightfall93
bats could just wait for Supes in the batmobile and drive away... then he realises supes is fater than most crap

AJ4LIFE
i wish i didnt start the thing of now i thought bats was more popular

samishe
Supes still wins, but i personally like Batman better

The Ion
i wish i didnt start the thing of now i thought bats was more popular
You think we vote based on popularity? Usually not unless our name has 8888 at the end of it.

AJ4LIFE
bats is one of my favourites hell i even like the cartoon one

that i watched

once
shifty

AJ4LIFE
no but i expected some peaple to vote for bats

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.