starfleet phaser vs light saber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deicide
before this gets closed off answer this please.....could a regulation Starfleet handphaser overload or overheat (if possible) a lightsaber? i know lightsabers can withstand force lightning and lasers, but what about a phaser on maximum setting?? thank you...

Lord Mader
go to a star trek forum please.

Darth Vious
I would say yes, as long as it only came in contact with the blade of the lightsaber. If it came in contact with any part of the hilt, then the Jedi (and most of the room they're standing in) would be vaporized instantly.

((The_Anomaly))
Jedi could not effectively block a phaser though. unlike blaster bolts in SW, the phaser can be fired continually, so its like a water hose only of energy. There's no way to block it with a lightsaber. A Jedi would have to be jumping all over the place in order to not get killed by a phaser. There's just no way they would be able to stop it with a saber because its a continuous stream, not a blot. However, If you just held a saber up and started shooting at it with a phaser at full setting I doubt it'd do much, the lightsaber would prolly stop it. Unfortunately that wouldn't work in a real fight cause all you'd have to do is move the phaser around and they Jedi couldn't stop it with the saber.

Wesker
Or the jedi could just use the force to push the phaser around and really **** you up.

((The_Anomaly))
Push the phaser around? You mean the beam?

Well maybe EU characters could do that. Movie characters cant push energy with the force.

Wesker
No, just the phaser. What is a Starfleet guy gonna do? Resist?

Captain REX
I vote that the Trek fellow gets disarmed by a Force Pull and then hacked in two by lightsaber...

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.