Would people still not listen to God if he started speaking again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyber Ninja
I am sure if God started to speak like right now, people would shit themselves and do what ever he wanted so why don't God just do that unless he is tired.

Mr Brightside
Originally posted by Cyber Ninja
I am sure if God started to speak like right now, people would shit themselves and do what ever he wanted so why don't God just do that unless he is tired.
There's a part in the bible that says that those who believe when shown proof are blessed, but those who believe without proof are blessed even more.

Shakyamunison
God taks all the time. There he goes agian...

Gregory
Originally posted by Mr Brightside
There's a part in the bible that says that those who believe when shown proof are blessed, but those who believe without proof are blessed even more.

Sounds like an excuse to me.

Echuu

Because God gave us a free will and a choice of whether or not to believe in him. He doesn't want to force anything upon us. Well that's what I believe anyway.

debbiejo
I am sure if God started to speak like right now, people would shit themselves and do what ever he wanted so why don't God just do that unless he is tired. Yeah, that would be a trip!! eek!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Yeah, that would be a trip!! eek!

I think Sally is a direct line to God. eek!

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I think Sally is a direct line to God. eek! Like that operator????...... eek! ...Connect me to god please..

Shakyamunison
Like that operator????...... eek! ...Connect me to god please..
So, we now know the name of God's operator. laughing

debbiejo
Hmm Shaman were/are on the something.. beer

finti
what should I say?

debbiejo
Ah oh......

finti
ah oh fintio?

debbiejo
I'm not going there...

Cyber Ninja
eek!

debbiejo
laughing out loud

AOR
Originally posted by finti
what should I say?

*sigh* roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kella
Originally posted by Echuu
Because God gave us a free will and a choice of whether or not to believe in him. He doesn't want to force anything upon us. Well that's what I believe anyway.

I agree. It's like...if your dad sent you to your room to clean your room. You know he sent you there and you're kind of doing what he sent you to do, but he doesn't have to come see you every 10 minutes to remind you that he's still there waiting for you to finish the job...he gave you the duty and you just have to do it...or not and then pay the consequences or get the rewards.

I dunno...I'm really tired. I'm rambling senselessly. embarrasment

Lord Follen
I am sure if God started to speak like right now, people would shit themselves and do what ever he wanted so why don't God just do that unless he is tired. ya right because most people that dont belive will feel like their hearing voces in their head when their alone and then they go nuts.

Makedde

I hope He never speaks to me, I'm not interested in anything he has to say.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Makedde

But he does all the time, or should I say, in your case, she does. Actually, God doesn't "do", we "do".

debbiejo
Is my voice too loud???......I don't mean to freak people out ya know... confused

Shakyamunison
Is my voice too loud???......I don't mean to freak people out ya know... angel

Deb... who are you talking too. eek!

debbiejo
Well.........Ummmm....You answered.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shakyamunison
Well.........Ummmm....You answered.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I guess I did. embarrasment

Quiero Mota

God doesn't speak to people directly like you talk to another person. He communicates through hints and suggestions.

For example: God might warn you of an impending danger by giving you a lump in your throat, a thought of de-ja-vu, or by giving you a feeling of uneasiness.

finti
impending danger with a lump in your throat? what danger should that be, danger of crying

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by Gregory
Sounds like an excuse to me.

haha, I was thinking the same thing

Cyber Ninja
I hope He never speaks to me, I'm not interested in anything he has to say. Why....?

debbiejo
impending danger with a lump in your throat? what danger should that be, danger of crying laughing out loud Too funny..

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
God doesn't speak to people directly like you talk to another person. He communicates through hints and suggestions.

For example: God might warn you of an impending danger by giving you a lump in your throat, a thought of de-ja-vu, or by giving you a feeling of uneasiness. Well if you believe we are all parts of god and we can be influenced by things not seen, then we can experience many bodily sensations, maybe even dreams to some extent....A stimulant from the outside to influence the inside.

Mr Brightside
It's easier said than done. If what is said of god in the bible is true(Which personally i believe it is) Then you'd listen with great interest. Maybe the idea you don't want him to speak is because your scared of Him wink

sithsaber408

All he would say is, "Mak... I love you." smile

Gregory
Or he might ask him to start a holy war and commit genocide. You know, like in the Old Testament.

On the other hand, he might tell him that he hates him and will turn his home into a wasteland and leave his inheritance to the desert jackals. That God, so unpredictable.

finti
to me it would be more like " you were right all along finti, you nailed more chicks than me"

debbiejo
Not the real god... roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
in the end even the god would understand

debbiejo
blink

You sure you're talking about the right god??

finti
of course cause he told me to say so

debbiejo
Is this a Pantheon god.....which one was it???

You bud again?

finti
Odin

debbiejo
Do you usually see him at night??????? eek!

finti
he comes to me whenever

debbiejo
Do you tell him what to do..........What about HIS wives.?????

finti
His wives sooth me, and he comforts me with his ways

debbiejo
What are you on???????.............hahahahahahahaa

I want some!!!

finti
i bet you dodevil

debbiejo
Oh, your mind, your mind......your mind...hahahahahaha........

finti
strange cause thats what they screamed after me at my final exams........................good thing it was oral exams and the really really good looking female sensor took me out for a beer or 20

debbiejo
You sure I can't have some of that stuff your on?????????........It sound good...real good stuff!!

AOR
wow, the second I walked in, I knew we were talking about communications with deities....roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
close your eyes and whish for a break and I be there unlike someon else dude people pray to

debbiejo
Originally posted by AOR
wow, the second I walked in, I knew we were talking about communications with deities....roll eyes (sarcastic) Noticed huh????....Yeah, the gods are talkin...........want ta learn something??

We're talking about creation....In the beginning....etc etc.etc.

AOR
close your eyes and whish for a break and I be there unlike someon else dude people pray to

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/orly-41469.jpg

AOR
Noticed huh????....Yeah, the gods are talkin...........want ta learn something??

We're talking about creation....In the beginning....etc etc.etc.

Really now? I'm pretty sure I saw my pops spank you to breath when he pulled you out of the earth....roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
someone got a nightmares

debbiejo
Originally posted by AOR
Really now? I'm pretty sure I saw my pops spank you to breath when he pulled you out of the earth....roll eyes (sarcastic) No, I always was.....I'm just visiting here for the intertainment.

finti
yep

AOR
No, I always was.....I'm just visiting here for the intertainment.

you mean entertainment stick out tongue

a deity that can't do something, there's a first...

AOR
someone got a nightmares

If you consider life a sleep state, may I point you towards Deano's thread in the philosophy forum....

debbiejo
Originally posted by AOR
you mean entertainment stick out tongue

a deity that can't do something, there's a first... I take on human qualites when I'm bored.........Otherwise I'm quite divine!!

finti
laughing out loud deanos thread always have that effect so it really makes you wonder

AOR
I take on human qualites when I'm bored.........Otherwise I'm quite divine!!

riiiiiiiiggghhhtttt....

AOR
laughing out loud deanos thread always have that effect so it really makes you wonder

One time I said to myself...

"I wonder if Deano is some form of Morpheus (from the Matrix) in disguise..." now, every time I read his posts I scrutinize for a hidden message ninja

debbiejo
He's interesting with lizard people.....lol

AOR
He's interesting with lizard people.....lol

You know, I think you, me, and possibly a fraction of a fraction of the people (and maybe some mods) know of deano's lizard people thread....

finti
yeah this is hiddn message indeed....................skjult budskap

debbiejo
laughing out loud

finti
"im a wild child come and love me my heart is in exile" Wasp

debbiejo
Wild Child...kinda sounds like a goddess I know.....hahahahah...hmmm

finti
yeah me

debbiejo
Couldn't be you..........

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Mr Brightside

yeah, people who believe in dogma w/o evidence to support it sure are "blessed" all right roll eyes (sarcastic)

they're special wink

finti
long live rock`n roll

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
yeah, people who believe in dogma w/o evidence to support it sure are "blessed" all right roll eyes (sarcastic)

they're special wink

There is a difference between a leap of faith and blind faith. If tomorrow God was to start talking to me, I might have a leap of faith and believe that it was God, but I would still get my head checked out. laughing

debbiejo
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
they're special wink I'm Special!! big grin

Storm
Personally, no.

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by Storm
Personally, no. So if God said Hi Storm whats up you will ignore him...how evil of you sad

debbiejo
laughing out loud

leonheartmm
how can you be sure its god and not the devil? would you believe any stranger who said he was god?

Shakyamunison
laughing out loud

Cool new sig. Deb thumb up

debbiejo
Originally posted by leonheartmm
how can you be sure its god and not the devil? would you believe any stranger who said he was god? This is very true...And this is where the Christian faith gets blurry, because satan can do all the same miracles as god, so how would you know if you're actually being affected by god or satan? No one has an answer to that.

finti
would you believe any stranger at all

debbiejo
"im a wild child come and love me my heart is in exile" Wasp

WrathfulDwarf
From what I heard from stories the voice of God can't speak directly to a human being or any other being out there. It seems and Angel of a higher command is used as a translator for the messages of God.

To be honest even if God were to speaks to us again. People would just ignore him/her....we're living in an age in which we listen to what we want.

Cyber Ninja
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
From what I heard from stories the voice of God can't speak directly to a human being or any other being out there. It seems and Angel of a higher command is used as a translator for the messages of God.

To be honest even if God were to speaks to us again. People would just ignore him/her....we're living in an age in which we listen to what we want. sad really sad

tlbauerle
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
To be honest even if God were to speaks to us again. People would just ignore him/her....we're living in an age in which we listen to what we want.

Well hey...that is happening!!!

Punker69

God does speak to people. Just not in the way he did in the old Testement and such. He speaks to us through the Holy Spirit and Bible reading. Something the men of God of the old testament didn't have.

debbiejo
Well imo god talks to everyone in many ways..........I listen...get some great tips that way.....

Shakyamunison
Well imo god talks to everyone in many ways..........I listen...get some great tips that way.....

Are you hearing voices again? laughing

debbiejo
Maybe........ huh

Is this a problem?....lol

tlbauerle
Originally posted by Punker69
God does speak to people. Just not in the way he did in the old Testement and such. He speaks to us through the Holy Spirit and Bible reading. Something the men of God of the old testament didn't have.

...and through Prophets...still.

xyz revolution
I am sure if God started to speak like right now, people would shit themselves and do what ever he wanted so why don't God just do that unless he is tired. He doesn't exist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.