NORTON vs McAFEE vs PANDA??? what's the best anti-virus software??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

COMPUTER HEADS HELP!

what program should i stick to?

appreciate

PVS
does norton even belong on that list? norton sucks completely.

go with mcafee or even trend micro

IcePunk
No, Norton is good and all but it often interrupts you when playing something, panda suck bamboo

JKozzy
I have McAfee, and I've had zero complaints with it. Go McAfee.

StinkFist462
i roll with AVG

Lana
Wrong place...moving to Computer Help.

At any rate, Norton sucks. I used to have AVG and it let all sorts of stuff by. Now I have McAffee and it works great.

Spidervlad
I use eTrust ezAntivirus. Works perfectly!

MC Mike
McAfee.

KENobi™
Personally I use avast!, it works great and is very thorough when checking for viruses.

Storm
I prefer McAfee.

Raz
AVG: It's free and good.

Lana
I disagree on the good part there, Raz, I was using it before, kept it regularly updated, scanned my computer regularly....and it still got trashed by a virus and I had to wipe my harddrive. Plus before I wiped it I scanned it with another program and discovered TONS of stuff it let by and didn't get rid of.

KENobi™
Originally posted by Lana
I disagree on the good part there, Raz, I was using it before, kept it regularly updated, scanned my computer regularly....and it still got trashed by a virus and I had to wipe my harddrive. Plus before I wiped it I scanned it with another program and discovered TONS of stuff it let by and didn't get rid of.

Agreed, did the same thing to me.

mechmoggy
Originally posted by Lana
I was using it before, kept it regularly updated, scanned my computer regularly....and it still got trashed by a virus and I had to wipe my harddrive.

That's what you get for refusing my advances! mad

wink

taft
mcafee is way better than norton

TOH
Norton is the most annoying software I've ever seen...

Hit_and_Miss
I only use norton to fix windows errors, its too much of a resorce hog..

Get yourself a really good firewall... and hide, not unlike a shuriken

eggmayo
AVG.. hardly any system resources involved.

powerfulone1987
I have a question.

I have McAfee.

When do you know it's time to renew your subscription or do you just have it forever and you don't need to do anything?

is it comprehensible.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.