Germany: Fighting Racism in the Soccer Stadium before the 2006 World Cup.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sir Whirlysplat

StyleTime
It sucks that the sensible Germans are being misrepresented by the Neo-Nazis, but each country has idiots eh?

Sir Whirlysplat, what is up with all the German threads lately?

Bardock42
Originally posted by StyleTime
It sucks that the sensible Germans are being misrepresented by the Neo-Nazis, but each country has idiots eh?

Sir Whirlysplat, what is up with all the German threads lately?

Trying to annoy me. Won't work. Although I find the threads very boring...

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Bardock42

Not at all Marius, I am being topical after Irving etc! I know you never get annoyed so I would not bother trying.

Fishy
Well how nice for those guys... Still it can't be all that bad seeing as this is the first time I ever heard about this, and we hear about football stuff in germany 24/7

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Fishy
Well how nice for those guys... Still it can't be all that bad seeing as this is the first time I ever heard about this, and we hear about football stuff in germany 24/7

I see................ hmmmm................

StyleTime
laughing
I also think that this may be only the actions a small group of people within Germany. Some others are feeling the need to address the problem early before it gets out of hand...again.

Bardock42 what would you say?

Bardock42
Originally posted by StyleTime
laughing

I also think that this may be only the actions a small group of people within Germany. Some others are feeling the need to address the problem early before it gets out of hand...again.

Bardock42 what would you say?

Well I haven't heard of it being a big problem. I think people make it a bigger thing than it is.

Quiero Mota
Well I haven't heard of it being a big problem. I think people make it a bigger thing than it is.

Are you sure about that, or are they just trying to color it up?

Fishy
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Are you sure about that, or are they just trying to color it up?

I'm pretty sure that what he said is right... The Dutch press is talking about everything related to the 2006 WC.. They would surely have talked about this if it was big.

Quiero Mota
They would surely have talked about this if it was big.

I wouldn't be to certain about that. They would ignore/cover up things that don't make them look good.

Fishy
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I wouldn't be to certain about that. They would ignore/cover up things that don't make them look good.

The Dutch media couldn't care less about what makes Germany look good or bad, as long as it gets viewers... And a story like this is a hell of a lot better then a story about a new hand shake because of chicken disease bullshit that they air at the very end of the news just to fill time...

Quiero Mota
... And a story like this is a hell of a lot better then a story about a new hand shake because of chicken disease bullshit that they air at the very end of the news just to fill time...

yes You cant argue with that, homes.

Hit_and_Miss
its probably no bigger then englands football thugs....

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
its probably no bigger then englands football thugs....

Read the article and research it, trust me it is!

KidRock
Racist germany?! Unheard of.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by KidRock
Racist germany?! Unheard of.

No really!!!

Hit_and_Miss
aren't you a millwall fan??

Sir Whirlysplat
aren't you a millwall fan??

smile Yes and we have the best programme to combat racism in the UK as many of the fans are from minorities these days, that does not alter the fact we have the worst hardcore in the UK. sadly.

Hit_and_Miss
And how many times have you seen fights at the grounds??? While I'm sure that racism is still a problem, You don't hear half as much about german fans being banned from the world cup...

England... Leading the way...

Sir Whirlysplat
And how many times have you seen fights at the grounds??? While I'm sure that racism is still a problem, You don't hear half as much about german fans being banned from the world cup...

Trust me it's far more of a problem as I say do some research into it. Nowadays few fights happen in grounds in the UK due to CCTV, Fights tend to be arranged away from grounds.

Hit_and_Miss
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Trust me it's far more of a problem as I say do some research into it.

I'm sure its bad... Any form of violence from the fans is bad...
please save me the effort... Post your sources that show its worse... smile

Nowadays few fights happen in grounds in the UK due to CCTV, Fights tend to be arranged away from grounds.

Agreed... But I wonder how many German racist supporters have underground fights/rallies... it strikes me as something that would only really happen at the game out in public...

Sir Whirlysplat
I'm sure its bad... Any form of violence from the fans is bad...
please save me the effort... Post your sources that show its worse... smile

Agreed... But I wonder how many German racist supporters have underground fights/rallies... it strikes me as something that would only really happen at the game out in public...

As I say look into it yourself you will be shocked and amazed. It's awful!

Hit_and_Miss
I did... I got little to no where... There seemed to be no real facts or figures... Just people giving oppinions... Then again.. I only searched for 5mins... I'm tired...

Fishy
That should be enough, well Whirly enlighten us with your evidence, you should still have it somewhere if you really have done a lot of research into it.

Sir Whirlysplat
Kind of sets the scene

she's got issues

history lessons
german football is having to re-examine its painful nazi past before the 2006 world cup. kitty holland reports
Even the most ardent non-fans of the beautiful game may yet find themselves painfully intrigued by revelations surrounding two of the world's finest soccer teams. The German teams, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund, have long resisted attempts by historians to examine their relationship with the Nazi party and more specifically, Adolf Hitler, in the 1930s.

Now, the German football federation (DFB), which has also long attempted to whitewash this history, has bowed to pressure and has ordered a number of teams to open their archives on their (and German football's) darker past.

http://www.ivenus.com/current/media/SGI-in_the_media-eur-wk46.asp

Some examples

http://www.guardian.co.uk/hooligans/article/0,2763,542743,00.html

http://sport.telegraph.co.uk/htmlContent.jhtml?html=/archive/1998/06/22/wcup22.html

The Arsenal of Weapons they have available

Germany: Police raid neo-nazi arsenals: Police raids on neo-nazis
in and around Berlin have uncovered weapons and sophisticated
communications equipment. Shells, mortars, pistols, hunting
rifles and automatic weapons, hand grenades, landmines and
explosives were seized in raids on properties over the last few
weeks in Lehnin, Potsdam and Magdeburg. While some of the weapons
date from the second world war the majority are from Croatia,
Poland and the Czech Republic. The latest arrests took place in
Bavaria and the Rhineland Palatinate following violence from
about 200 German football hooligans - some with links to neo-nazi
groups - who attacked police during the World Cup in France,
leaving a police officer in coma. Sunday Telegraph 14.6.98.

http://www.poptel.org.uk/cgi-bin/dbs2/statewatch?query=Northern+Ireland&mode=records&row_id=19672

Scarr stuff my Fishy friend smile

jaden101
makes a change from the fact that the spotlight is usually on the England fans and how they will behave

WrathfulDwarf
Could someone confirm this story I heard.

There was a soccer match between The France team and a African country team about two years ago. From what I heard certain fans of French team were yelling and making monkey noises during the game? Has that really happen?

Then there is another story of Soccer english hooligans burning the French flag during a championship match. Which almost led to a public brawl in the city of Paris.

Are these stories true or made up?

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

There was a soccer match between The France team and a African country team about two years ago. From what I heard certain fans of French team were yelling and making monkey noises during the game? Has that really happen?

Then there is another story of Soccer english hooligans burning the French flag during a championship match. Which almost led to a public brawl in the city of Paris.

Yup the first of these happened and happens in lots of countries spain is bad for monkey noises, the second french flag burning I have not heard of, but this one involving German fans leaving a French cop in a coma was one of the worst it happened in 1998.

World Cup Germans are facing attempted murder charge of gendarme

TWO Germans are to be charged with attempted murder today for the savage assault on a French gendarme who is in a coma with severe brain damage.
Daniel Nivel, a 43-year-old father of two, was kicked and beaten and left lying in a pool of blood in Lens. Doctors reserved a prognosis but said he had suffered permanent brain damage. "'His condition has not generally improved,'' said Dr Alain Facon of Lille emergency services, who added that surgery remained uncertain.
Police said the attackers laid into the gendarme before ripping off his helmet and cold-bloodedly smashing his head.
The suspected ringleader, 27-yearold Markus Warnecke, a doctor's son from Hanover, was arrested on Sunday. Another German was arrested yesterday after being identified in a police line-up.
He was one of 15 people detained n running street-battles between neo-Nazi hooligans and police in the northern town of Lens where Germany played Yugoslavia.
German Foreign Minister Klaus Kinkel wrote in the mass circulation Bild newspaper yesterday: ''I am ashamed'' about the attack in Lens.
Kinkel called on ''pacifist football fans'' to help stamp out hooliganism. "'This cancer on the modern football scene must be rooted out,'' the minister wrote.
Bild reported that three German fans attacked the policeman.

http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/1998/06/24/fhead.htm

WrathfulDwarf
That really must suck for the fans who attend these games looking forward to a friendly and competitive match. erm

Fishy
Football isn't friendly.... At least not with the supporters

Sir Whirlysplat
That really must suck for the fans who attend these games looking forward to a friendly and competitive match. erm

As a boy my dad used to take me to Millwall on Saturdays, I am from South London, things were especially bad then in the late seventies and early eighties the UK has cleaned it's act up a lot. Although Millwall "fans" (tossers) sadly wrecked Cardiff and Portsmouth in 2002 and 2003 respectively.

English & Welsh Hooligan Groups

Arsenal Gooners
Aston Villa Villa Youth
Barnsley Inter City Tykes, Five-O
Birmingham City Zulu Warriors
Blackburn Rovers Blackburn Youth
Blackpool The Bisons
Bolton Wanderers Tonge Moor Slashers, Mongoose Cuckoo Boys; Billy Whizz Fan Club
Bradford City The Ointment
Brighton Headhunters
Burnley SS (Suicide Squad)
Cambridge United Cambridge Casuals
Cardiff City Soul Crew
Carlisle United BCF (Border City Firm)
Charlton B'Mob
Chelsea Headhunters
Chesterfield CBS (Chesterfield Bastered Squad)
Coventry City Cov Legion
Crystal Palace Nifty Fifty
Darlington Darlington Casuals; Bank Top 200
Derby County DLF (Derby Lunatic Fringe)
Doncaster Rovers Doncaster Defence Regiment
Exeter City Sly Crew
Fulham Thames Valley Travellers
Grimsby Town CBP (Cleethorpes Beach Patrol)
Huddersfield Town HYC (Huddersfield Young Casuals)
Hull City City Psychos
Leeds United Service Crew
Liverpool The Urchins
Leicester City Baby Squad
Lincoln City LTE (Lincoln Transit Elite)
Manchester City Guvnors; Mayne Line Service Crew
Manchester United Cockney Reds; Inter City Jibbers
Middlesbrough Frontline
Millwall Bushwackers; The Treatment
Newcastle United Bender Crew; Newcastle Maineline Express
Nottingham Forest FEC (Forest Executive Crew)
Oldham Athletic Fine Young Casuals
Oxford United SMHS (South Midland Hit Squad)
Peterborough United PTC (Peterborough Terrace Crew)
Plymouth Argyle Central Element
Portsmouth 657 Crew
Reading Berkshire Boot Boys
Rotherham United Rotherham Casuals
Sheffield United BBC (Blades Business Crew)
Sheffield Wednesday OCS (Owls Crime Squad)
Shrewsbury Town EBF (Englsih Border Front)
Southampton Inside Crew; The Uglies; Suburban Casuals
Stockport County The Company; Hit Squad
Sunderland Seaburn Casuals
Swansea City Jacks Army
Tottenham Hotspur Yids; N17's
Tranmere Rovers TSB (Tranmere Stanley Boys)
West Bromwich Albion Section Five
West Ham United ICF (Inter City Firm)
Wolverhampton Wanderers Subway Army; Bridge Boys Frontline
Wrexham Frontline
York City Nomads

Scottish Hooligan Groups

Aberdeen ASC (Aberdeen Soccer Casuals)
Airdrie Section B
Celtic Celtic Casuals;
Dunfermline Athletic CSS (Carnegie Soccer Service)
Dundee/Dundee United Dundee Utility Crew
Heart of Midlothian CSF (Casual Soccer Firm)
Hibernian CCS (Capital City Service)
Montrose Portland Bill Seaside Squad
Motherwell SS (Saturday Service)
Partick Thistle NGE (North Glasgow Express)
Glasgow Rangers ICF (Inter City Firm)
St. Johnstone FCF (Fair City Firm)
St. Mirren LSD (Love Street Division)
Falkirk Falkirk Fear

http://website.lineone.net/~view_from_the_terrace/britsce.html

You Yanks are a lot more civilised in some ways than us Europeans!

Celtic v Rangers in Scotland is the worst for violence due to religious reasons in the UK

jaden101

they are indeed true..one of the most extreme examples is the irriducibli of lazio in Italy...if i remember correctly, it is they who actually control some of the entrances to their clubs stadium....thus allowing them on one occasion to get a 50ft long banner into the ground that had written on it an insult to the opposing team that said

"team of *******, terraces of jews"

WrathfulDwarf

You Yanks are a lot more civilised in some ways than us Europeans!

Celtic v Rangers in Scotland is the worst for violence due to religious reasons in the UK

Yes and no...we have our own bad apples...we call them Raiders, Yankees, Red sox, Cubs fans. I can't stand those jerk fans. But there are some quality fans among them.

Sir Whirlysplat
Yes and no...we have our own bad apples...we call them Raiders, Yankees, Red sox, Cubs fans. I can't stand those jerk fans. But there are some quality fans among them.

I go to a lot of Rugby and games and I can honestly say they are different the opposing fans mix and you can still drink in the stands. No trouble ever happens.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.