Anti-Racism Groups Slam German Ads

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sir Whirlysplat

Fishy
You posted the same thing twice there...

anyways stereotyping happens a lot when trying to get a message across, it apparantly helps sales and I really don't see anything wrong with it. It doesn't or at least shouldn't offend anybody and unless its used in commercials that are meant to be racist I don't see any problems.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Fishy
You posted the same thing twice there...

anyways stereotyping happens a lot when trying to get a message across, it apparantly helps sales and I really don't see anything wrong with it. It doesn't or at least shouldn't offend anybody and unless its used in commercials that are meant to be racist I don't see any problems.

smile WHOOPS MY MISTAKE!!!

PVS
"But anti-racism campaigners suggest that many Germans have a selective concept of political correctness -- an attitude which is perpetuated by advertising, they say."

DONT MENTION THE HOLOCAUST!!!! DO NOT JOKE ABOUT THE HOLOCAUST!!! DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT THE HOLOCAUST!!!! ...aren't asian people short and funny looking?

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by PVS
"But anti-racism campaigners suggest that many Germans have a selective concept of political correctness -- an attitude which is perpetuated by advertising, they say."

DONT MENTION THE HOLOCAUST!!!! DO NOT JOKE ABOUT THE HOLOCAUST!!! DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT THE HOLOCAUST!!!! ...aren't asian people short and funny looking?

I didn't know you got "Fawlty Towers" in the US.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
I didn't know you got "Fawlty Towers" in the US.

I was unaware that was from FT. But we do, and I love it. John Cleese is a genius.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I was unaware that was from FT. But we do, and I love it. John Cleese is a genius.

It was actually whatever you do don't mention the War but it's kind of near.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/07/16/ngerm16.xml

Hit_and_Miss
Whats with all the German racist threads???? Why you only selecting Germany's racism problem???

Ah... Fawlty Towers... They just don't make them like that any more! I really should watch M.P again... Always cracks me up...

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
Whats with all the German racist threads???? Why you only selecting Germany's racism problem???

Ah... Fawlty Towers... They just don't make them like that any more! I really should watch M.P again... Always cracks me up...

Because Germany and Austria know they have a problem and are trying to do something about it despite the people within there Countries who deny the problem. Mainly the very young people.

Quiero Mota
Why you only selecting Germany's racism problem???

Because in the near-future they will have people of many races from around the world in their country. And its a fairly safe assumption that a lot of the German people wont like it.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Because Germany and Austria know they have a problem and are trying to do something about it despite the people within there Countries who deny the problem. Mainly the very young people.

And you swear to your gypsy god those threads are not aimed at me...haha.

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Because in the near-future they will have people of many races from around the world in their country. And its a fairly safe assumption that a lot of the German people wont like it.

I think you are wrong, we like people...from everywhere...and even more, we like Football.

PVS
Originally posted by Bardock42
I think you are wrong, we like people...from everywhere...and even more, we like Football.

YOU like people from everywhere. how can you even claim to speak for your entire country? and dont take that as germany bashing, since the u.s. has its own problems with growing white supremacist movements.

i appreciate your desire to not allow your country to be besmirched by kmc trolls, but you have to acknowledge that this isnt all made up either. the obvious intent in spamming the forum with racism/germany threads is recognised by most if not all. however that doesnt mean that racism is not a big problem over there.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
YOU like people from everywhere. how can you even claim to speak for your entire country? and dont take that as germany bashing, since the u.s. has its own problems with growing white supremacist movements.

i appreciate your desire to not allow your country to be besmirched by kmc trolls, but you have to acknowledge that this isnt all made up either. the obvious intent in spamming the forum with racism/germany threads is recognised by most if not all. however that doesnt mean that racism is not a big problem over there.

You are aware that I was joking no expression ...I mean the football thing kind of gave it away didn't it.

I have no problem with discussing Racism, and certainly not with Racism that occurs in Germany, but lets be honest, Whirly just googled "Racism + Germany" and posted whatever he found. It is true, there is a comercial with an Asian that uses the R-L thing (not that his is racist since it exists, undeniably), but this is hardly racist. People try to make it out to be for qwhatever reason, but that are jsut commercials, there'S one for a Kind of chocolate that has an Asian exchange students who tells his family at home about the chocolate. THat's hardly racist at all. This is totally biased and overall just Bullshit. That's all it is, this thread is trolling at it's best, nothing else.

PVS
but lets be honest, Whirly just googled "Racism + Germany" and posted whatever he found.

well you dont know that....there are other search engines you know... wink

It is true, there is a comercial with an Asian that uses the R-L thing (not that his is racist since it exists, undeniably), but this is hardly racist. People try to make it out to be for qwhatever reason, but that are jsut commercials, there'S one for a Kind of chocolate that has an Asian exchange students who tells his family at home about the chocolate. THat's hardly racist at all. This is totally biased and overall just Bullshit. That's all it is, this thread is trolling at it's best, nothing else.

steriotyping IS racism. also, the public allowance of steriotyping, however seemingly harmless, exhibits widespread racism. the same as people tend to not flinch in america when a media demagog yells "rag head".

Bardock42
Stereotyping isn't racist generally. Besides the commercial was about an individual....the commercial is pretty funny actually.

We have a commercial that's called "You are Germany", and there are blacks as well as Turkish Germans and other immigrants included saying "We are Germany" or "YOu are Germany"....they are germans, and as germans they will get the same sort of jokes the whites get as well. In another of those "Musicload" commercials there's a WHite man portrayed as rather slow, is that racist towards all Whites? Hell no, if at all one can claim that in German commercials everyone is treated equal, meaning there's no racism against immigrant either. You know not including immigrants in commercials is racism too. I am certain that no Asian German that sees this commericial is bothered a bit, therefore this is nto racism, but a professor who's an attention whore. Nothing more.

Quiero Mota
I think you are wrong, we like people...from everywhere...

roll eyes (sarcastic) And I'm the heir to the British throne...

Hit_and_Miss
roll eyes (sarcastic) And I'm the heir to the British throne...

Have you been to Germany? have you been persecuted by Germans? Do are you just pulling facts from your
"Ho ho, its fun to stereotype Colouring time bumper fun book"

The one where all the English drink Tea and watch the Queen 24/7
Aussies all have crocodiles as pets and all speak like steve erwin
and Most importantly,
All Germans are hitlercons, Nazi's in disguise, all waiting for the glorious return of Adolf and the "Waffen SS"...

Please... Germany's racism problem is probably no worse then most countries, but its blow out of proportion cause they once tried to "cleanse" the world..

Unless Whirly can actually Show some figures that show theres more racists in Germany then anywhere else in the world...

Quiero Mota
Have you been to Germany? have you been persecuted by Germans? Do are you just pulling facts from your
"Ho ho, its fun to stereotype Colouring time bumper fun book"

I lived in Germany when I was in the Army, thank you. no expression

Bardock42

Oh and we certainly were all Hitlers in disguise?

Quiero Mota
Oh and we certainly were all Hitlers in disguise?

erm Well, I wouldn't say all. They don't like US Serviceman and the fact I'm Hispanic certainly didn't help either.

....I can honestly say that your women LOVE Latin dick, though!

Bardock42
erm Well, I wouldn't say all. They don't like US Serviceman and the fact I'm Hispanic certainly didn't help either.

....I can honestly say that your women LOVE Latin dick, though!

When were you over here? And where?

In my City w have a US base too, and we actually appreciate them very much....the US wants to pulkl out most of their Troops now, which sucks.

Hit_and_Miss

How many times did you feel you were being racily discriminated against? if you don't mind could you give a few details as well as to what happened?

How many of the people you met would you say were racist?

last question... Which country would you say has the worse racism problem on the whole... USA or Germany?

Quiero Mota
When were you over here? And where?

In my City w have a US base too, and we actually appreciate them very much....the US wants to pulkl out most of their Troops now, which sucks.

For six months in 1994 at Grafenwoerh. I was a mechanic.

Really? Why do they like troops so much there?

Bardock42
For six months in 1994 at Grafenwoerh. I was a mechanic.

Really? Why do they like troops so much there?

Cause they buy stuff -> creating jobs -> we love our americans

Please I am not speaking for all people in Germany...don't come in here just to point that out.

Quiero Mota
How many times did you feel you were being racily discriminated against? if you don't mind could you give a few details as well as to what happened?

How many of the people you met would you say were racist?

last question... Which country would you say has the worse racism problem on the whole... USA or Germany?

1. Exact number? no idea. Usually, when I went out with a group of Latino homies, they generally projected feelings distaste at our presence. Especially at dance clubs--I dont think Johann liked seeing some German girl dancing with a Latino. My homie Frankie, this Puerto Rican guy from the Bronx got into a fight due to that.

2. Outwardly and blatantly; not very many. Inwardly; God knows.

3.The US, because its a lot more heterogeneous and with a far larger population.

Quiero Mota
Cause they buy stuff -> creating jobs -> we love our americans

Please I am not speaking for all people in Germany...don't come in here just to point that out.

1. If they like us from a business standpoint; that makes sense.

2. No one's assuming that.

Bardock42
1. If they like us from a business standpoint; that makes sense.

2. No one's assuming that.

Yeah well, I enjoy the international flair too ...

PVS is going to be..haha.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.