the end of the future war

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

guncrazy
when did this occur? and did the Humans win? I would like to know how they won if they did.

chriscaffee
The humans won when Sarah Connor crushed the Terminator in a hydraulic press on Saturday, May 14th 1984.

NoFate007
...how'd they win then? The war hadn't even been fought yet lol. Theoretically you could say that they won then because she didn't die, but then it could've been any other time that John was alive/ "wasn't dead" lol.

Its implied that the humans win sometime in the future, however, I don't know exactly when/how.

barand1
Do you really want to know? Wouldn't you like the answer to be untold? Or is that just me? I think it may be.

Makedde
Originally posted by chriscaffee
The humans won when Sarah Connor crushed the Terminator in a hydraulic press on Saturday, May 14th 1984.

But there was still a war in Terminator 3, so she didn't prevent a war... confused

sithsaber408
They won when they took the Cyberdine building.

Remember Kyle saying so?

"We already won, taking out Connor then would have made no difference.'

The whole back-in-time deal was because they lost the future war.

barand1
Maybe Karl and the resistance believed they won.

Benhacker
Originally posted by guncrazy
when did this occur? and did the Humans win? I would like to know how they won if they did.

The end of the future war happened on July 24, 2344. Yes, Connor's Tech/Com teams penetrated to the inner Core and SKYNET died in a white hot flash of plasma conversion charges wrecking its containment matrix and with that, the Metal queen went offline forever.

Benhacker cool

P.S. : If anyone want more information please ask me.

chriscaffee
Originally posted by Makedde
But there was still a war in Terminator 3, so she didn't prevent a war... confused

The machines rose from the ashes of the nuclear fire. Their war to exterminate mankind had raged for decades, but the final battle would not be fought in the future. It would be fought here, in our present.

Tonight...

NoFate007
Written before there was a planned Terminator 2. So what happens? T2 becomes the final battle....but then T3 happened - so T3 becomes the final battle. However, at the end of T3, the war starts, so once again it leads us in a giant circle. The official end of it in my point of view is the second that Arnold from T3 was sent back.

Makedde
There should be a T4 where we can see how John and Kate go against the machines...

Benhacker
Originally posted by Makedde
There should be a T4 where we can see how John and Kate go against the machines...

Ya, that would be totally wicked eek! to see.

I hope they show how the Human Resistance is formed.

Benhacker cool

Makedde
As long as they have an actor who looks like Arnie and acts like him, too.

chriscaffee
The problem is that T1 is a self-contained story. Both T2 and T3 muddle up continuity and while they are enjoyable flicks they serve only to hurt the first one which stands firmly on it's own. I like to think of them as sidestories or "what ifs."

jenzie
know what would be good as an ending .....
THE ULTIMATE IRONY!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.