Could 83% of Americans be wrong? (stupid question)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ImOne

Quiero Mota
I don't belive the Bible is intended to be taken literally in all parts. Not only is it full of metaphors, when you translate 3000 year old writings from an amalgam of different languages into modern English it would tend to change some of the vocabulary and vernacular.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I don't belive the Bible is intended to be taken literally in all parts. Not only is it full of metaphors, when you translate 3000 year old writings from an amalgam of different languages into modern English it would tend to change some of the vocabulary and vernacular.

I agree. Try translating the following sentence," My father would like to give you gift to take to you mother." from ancient hebrew (of which we only know about a quarter of the language) to arabic to ancient greek to latin back to hebrew back to latin again then on to english, french, german, spanish and all the rest of the world's languages over a perion of 3000 years and that sentence will not be remotely the same.

debbiejo
17% huh??...Wow, that's not a lot of people thinking for themselves....Kinda scary when you think about how religions influence and shape the world with it's politics and all.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by debbiejo
17% huh??...Wow, that's not a lot of people thinking for themselves....Kinda scary when you think about how religions influence and shape the world with it's politics and all.

Actually it's funny how 83% of the people look at the world, see the nature of man and humanity, and choose to believe in God.

What's more funny is the flack they catch from the minority, which by all accounts, is more in control of the world than we are. wink

MC Mike
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Actually it's funny how 83% of the people look at the world, see the nature of man and humanity, and choose to believe in God.

What's more funny is the flack they catch from the minority, which by all accounts, is more in control of the world than we are. wink

I do hope you realize your mistakes.

If the 17% were more in control, they could... I don't know... fight for equality and legalise gay marriage?

But as far as I can tell, the government wants to get rid of two people's happiness.

And that is just one example.

finti
in Norwegian it all would be " Why bother we all get cheese on our sandwich for lunch anyways"

Capt_Fantastic
These statistics are highly dubious

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
These statistics are highly dubious

I've read that something like 53% of families still pray over dinner, so I kinda thought it would be lower too.

Anyway to check the Gallup polls, and see?

Makedde
It actually scares me that America is so God fearing, I think it's dangerous.

soleran30
Originally posted by sithsaber408

For a long time man thought the world was flat and the minority felt otherwise.

Majority doesn't mean its right it means you have more people that will agree with you and make your choice easiersmile

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by ImOne
Could 83% of Americans be wrong?

Yes. Just look at who is president.

Makedde
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

I can't stand the man and I don't even live in the same country! mad

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Makedde
I can't stand the man and I don't even live in the same country! mad

Stick it, Aussie!

GO DUBYA!!!!!!!!!

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Adam_PoE

Shut up and stop singing, hippie!

GO DUBYA!!!!!!!

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by DiamondBullets

GO DUBYA!!!!!!!

http://prodtn.cafepress.com/0/14492090_F_tn.jpg

debbiejo
Originally posted by finti
in Norwegian it all would be " Why bother we all get cheese on our sandwich for lunch anyways" I hear it's a popular treat there along with Yanky Mayo. whistle

lil bitchiness
I said it before, I'll say it again - Majority has the MIGHT, but minority has the RIGHT.

So yeah...majority can, and it usually is wrong.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by DiamondBullets

GO DUBYA!!!!!!!

Happy Dance thumb up

Makedde
Considering the fact that many Amercians found the sight of Janet Jackson's naked breats offensive, I'd say that about 99% of America is wrong. laughing

leonheartmm
odd. 83% of america makes less than 7% of the wrest of the world. n 80% of the wrest of the world believe in things completely different from christianity and the bible. could they be wrong? confused {stupid question really big grin }

JacopeX

Darth Jello
um, america was first colonized by puritans, the christian taliban. does it surprise anyone?

debbiejo
Originally posted by Darth Jello
um, america was first colonized by puritans, the christian taliban. does it surprise anyone? Hmmmmmmmmm Salem Witch Trials.......Great beginning here in the New World.......

botankus
My home state was and still is colonized by mosquitos.

debbiejo
Mine too! sad ......But in Denver they have nasty huge horse flies.... eek!

botankus
The ones where you have to jump underwater if they start ambushing you while you're swimming?

debbiejo
Man those things bit!! Like big time!!......I lived there for a year...Funny though, no mosquitoes....must be the altitude.

Darth Jello
what part of denver are you living in? I grew up in GV and now live in boulder and have never seen a horse fly outside of parker and nebraska

debbiejo
Originally posted by Darth Jello
what part of denver are you living in? I grew up in GV and now live in boulder and have never seen a horse fly outside of parker and nebraska I lived in Lake Wood...........Very very beautiful....on the foot hills of the city.......I could look down and see all the light lights...Just enchanting............I've been to Boulder CO..College town.......Picked up a huge rock from there and brought it home.......too bad I ruined my heels on the rock climb up the mountains.... sad ........Always had to put my car in 2nd..Mountains ya know...........hahahahaha

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.