Ragnos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lee-San28
his info, his story, who was he, how did he become a demegod, who he killed, any basic things on him at all

VISQUIS
im not sure,but ill see if i can find anything on the internet for you about him

VISQUIS
In the Expanded Universe of Star Wars, Marka Ragnos was a Dark Lord of the Sith c. 5000 BBY. He has been featured predominantly in the video game Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy for the PC and the Xbox; in the 2003 video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, the player can explore his tomb on the planet Korriban and acquire his gloves for use. Intentional or not, his name is similar to the Old Norse word "ragna," meaning "gods" or "ruling powers."

Ragnos was originally featured in the comic book series Tales of the Jedi. Details of his century-long reign are few, although his death marked the end of the Golden Age of the Sith Empire. It is known that he was a champion warrior, possibly due to his mixed Sith/human ancestry, with a surpassing command of the dark side. He conquered and unified the Sith Empire in a brilliant and savage series of short campaigns (but only expanded the territory of the Sith Empire by an insignificant amount); with his ascension, he maintained his grip by cannily playing his opponents against each other (much like the later Emperor Palpatine would). It is believed that knowledge of the Old Republic had been passed down to Ragnos, and his impression of the Jedi and Old Republic's strength in exiling the early Sith demonstrated that the Sith had not grown strong enough to challenge their enemies yet, and thus any major expansion ran the risk of encountering or otherwise alerting the Old Republic. Before the Sith grew powerful enough to expand, Ragnos died of old age. Immediately following his funeral, a schism erupted between the leaders of the Sith, involving the later Dark Lord Naga Sadow. Further events led to the Great Hyperspace War with the Galactic Republic and, because the schism was never healed, ultimately the end of their interstellar empire.

About one millennium after his death, Marka's spirit was summoned from the grave by a pair of Sith amulets to crown Exar Kun as the new Dark Lord of the Sith, and Ulic Qel-Droma as Kun's apprentice, all in an attempt, which would ultimately fail, to bring a second Golden Age of the Sith Empire. The resulting Great Sith War devastated the Star Wars galaxy once again.

Forty years later, the Sith Empire under the leadership of Darth Malak excavated the tombs on Korriban. Ragnos's tomb was later home to an assassin droid that defied its bloodthirsty programming. This was featured in the video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

In the video game Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, approximately four thousand years after the Great Sith War, the spirit of Marka Ragnos once again returned as the Dark Jedi Tavion, Desann's apprentice, discovered the Scepter of Ragnos. Tavion stole Force energy via the scepter from places such as Byss, Vjun, Coruscant, Hoth, Yavin, Bespin, etc. With enough concentration of Force energy, it was possible to resurrect Marka Ragnos, spiritually and physically. During her campaign, Tavion transferred the energy stored inside the scepter into her disciples' bodies, in order to muster a group of dark Force-users to deal with the Jedi.

If Jedi Knight Jaden Korr (player character) stayed on the path of light, he would confront Tavion before she could resurrect Ragnos in the tomb of Korriban. Tavion released the energy in the scepter to battle Jaden but was finally beaten. She transferred the remaining energy into the tomb, resulting in the spirit of Marka Ragnos leaving his sarcophagus freely and possessing Tavion's body to confront the Jedi. Marka Ragnos wielded a Sith Sword hidden in the scepter to duel with Jaden, but ultimately lost. Jaden destroyed the Scepter of Ragnos. Losing his power, Ragnos left Tavion's body and once again went back into his sarcophagus, and Tavion died in the process. Jaden later sealed the tomb forever upon leaving.
If Jaden had turned to the dark side, he would murder the defenseless Tavion after their duel. Refusing to serve anyone, Jaden did not use the scepter to bring Ragnos back to life. After a climactic lightsaber duel with Kyle Katarn, Jaden destroyed Ragnos's sarcophagus with the scepter and left Korriban aboard a hijacked Star Destroyer.
Regardless of the choice, the ghost of Dark Lord of the Sith Marka Ragnos escaped back to his tomb on Korriban, where he remains with the rest of the ancient Dark Lords, waiting to arise and threaten the galaxy again.

Thats all I can get

Lee-San28
thanks any one got more info im interested in him they say that he is the most powerfull chariter in sw

Numan
There is actually no proof of him being more powerful than somebody like Yoda. Most of that is from Wikipedia which is not very reliable and is all speculation.

Lee-San28
lololol are you kidding me hese the greatest sw person dude trust me on this aks any one that hese definityl the strongest sith who ever lived

Wesker
Originally posted by Numan
There is actually no proof of him being more powerful than somebody like Yoda. Most of that is from Wikipedia which is not very reliable and is all speculation.

Hey look, folks... I found a picture of Numan!

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1355/iim8hm.jpg

Repeat after me: "Saddam is doing fine. The Americans are losing the war. Nothing is wrong. Yoda can beat Ragnos."

IKC
Except Numan's a lot shorter and more annoying.

That and he should be banned for violating the TOS.

Wesker
Yeah, for being underage.

Hello Friend
Originally posted by Lee-San28
lololol are you kidding me hese the greatest sw person dude trust me on this aks any one that hese definityl the strongest sith who ever lived

Strongest? Yes. But one of the most boring/lame characters out there.

Darth Traya
Boring/Lame? Lolz0orz.

Hello Friend
Don't forget cowardly!

Darth Traya
Cowardly? How?

Hello Friend
Being afraid to attack the Republic, for one? He had a sizable chance to take it.

Darth Traya
No he didn't. The Sith weren't numerous enough to maintain an empire over millions of worlds. He basically knew this.

There's a difference between WTFpwning the galaxy and conquering it.

Wesker
Yay for subjective, uninformed opinions!

Illustrious
Yeah, seems to be a lot of those.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Darth Traya
Boring/Lame? Lolz0orz. As a character, his story IS boring. Not lame though.

Lee-San28
you are all retards yoda could in no way beat ragnos he would get killed in mabe 2 min at the most

Tangible God
Your calling ALL of us retards?

Lee-San28
lol no just people who think yoda could beat ragnos

w00t2112
Considering Lee, you thought Yoda could beat Ragnos.

Considering after numerous and annoying threads i have proven (With other people's post) that Ragnos is indeed the most powerful in SW with the exception of Artoo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.