man's best friend

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LaurenE147
What kind of pets does everybody have? What is the pet that you thing is evil?

greedo
We have a long haired Dachshund...that is to say we had him given to us...we had just lost our English Bull Terrier to illness and she was a beautiful, loving dog. Our neigbour had rescued 'Jake' from an abusive home. My wife thought I wanted him and I thought she wanted him as there was a little void left in the family. The kids seemed to like Jake (notice all Dachshund's have human names) so we took him in. I will tell you it has been 14 yrs of shear hell (he was 2 when we got him). For the first 3 years the only way I could him back in the house was to chase him in...the people beside us though I was nuts (rain, sun or snow I would chase him). Its gone down hill ever since...but he is old now, he still can bark for biscuts, bark for water, bark to be let out, bark to be let in...hell he barks in his sleep...well he can hardly see, hardly hear and has a little sign of arthritis in his hips but it has not slowed him down one iota! We fondly call him 'Jake the Wonder Dog'...I am sure he will be around to see episode III http://www.bobafettmp.com/phpBB/images/smiles/new/greedo.gif

ToMacco
No pets.

keokiswahine
house cat

finti
Never had pets, never will have either

DarkEngine
no pets at the moment, had 2 cats, 3 dogs b4 ... not at the same time of course ...... need to feed myself first evil face

Corran
I've had various pets, the most evil being those filthy vermin cats, would never ever get another cat, damned selfish evil pests.

finti
they just reflects their owner

Corran
OK so I'm a damned sefish evil pest, what's new?

Thomas H
what if your little girl whants one dog or a cat one time?

I have a warewolf...smokin'

finti
she wont get one

Gundark
Woo-hoo !!

Love pets !!

We have a black labrador retriever named Tytus, he's almost 10. We also have yellow labrador/half golden retriever named Cricket. She's 7 1/2. And my little baby boy, a Bichon Frise named Puff is almost 14. He's my pumpkin !! We also have a guinea pig named Pepper.

http://www.forum-smilies.com/tierisch_04.gif

finti
If you have areas they can run in it would be ok, but I kind of live in the city and I wouldnt feel it was fair nor kind to the pets. She can have goldfish in a bowl if she wants wink

Gundark
We're out in the country and they have a big yard to run in, plus cornfield on two sides of us.

LaurenE147
I have a Pomeranian named Oska. She's four and still isnt house trained. She's the dumbest dog in the whole world, but we all can't help but love her.

Gundark
We got a kiddie pool for the labs yesterday. They love it !! We throw the softball for them, then they retrieve it, come back and lay in the kiddie pool and the ball floats around them. They're silly !! laughing out loud

Dirty Cash
I don't have pets.

I don't feel the need to exert my will on other creatures.

yerssot
well, the serpent I have at home is now moving out

Gundark
Thats an interesting outlook, Cash....I guess I never think of it as will, just tons of love. How about plants ? Do you have any plants ?

Dirty Cash
Only in the fields near my house.

I just consider that no animal was domesticated until man made them so, for their own pleasure.

LaurenE147
The plants keep dying. The dogs bark so you can't forget to feed and water them.

L.E.
i used to have a ferret.

Gundark
Actually my plants are doing pretty good. We have a baby bird nest in one of the hanging plants on the front porch. I'm very careful when I water it.

Good point, Cash. I'm very much against the circus and rodeo things. Cruel and brutal.

L.E.
against animal rights, it is!

LaurenE147
I used to have a ferret but it hated everybody and my mom wouldn't let me keep it.

How did you come up with your dogs' names, Gundy?

L.E.
my ferret was an evil little runt which is why i liked it so much

Gundark
Puff was already named Puff when I got him when he was about 4 months old. Tytus we got out of the bible and just changed the spelling. It took us a week to name Cricket. We just couldn't come up with anything for her that suited her, and one day Tommy just said "Cricket !" and it stuck. She also likes to eat crickets occasionally when they hop past her. laughing out loud

Thomas H
my pet is a warewolf, when the full moon rises he always get cracy, so I have to let him out, and in the mornig he always has blood in his face, i have been woundering for a while why, what can this thing eat? help please...cool

Billy The Kid
laughing out loud

I have a "brilleslange"....

That`s what we call it in Norway...hehehe.

In english, I guess you would call it something like glass snake.

0-0 <-------- briller (glasses)

Thomas H

finti
morons roll eyes (sarcastic)

Billy The Kid

finti
four eyed is more like it

Billy The Kid
hehe....okay....

four eyed...

(I feel like beeing a little child today!evil face )

Gundark
Some cowboy you turned out to be. laughing out loud

LaurenE147
Is it just me or do cowboys have the best jeans. City boys keep wearing baggy pants. Don't they get that women like to see their men's butts.

Ushgarak
I don't know how cowboys are built but tight trousers have certain disadvantages on the OTHER side from the butt.

LaurenE147
Brad Pitt in Thelma and Louise was the greatest sight in my whole life.

Ushgarak
Well, fair play to him if he wants to risk losing circulation in the most vital part of a man.

LaurenE147
He's way too powerful for that kind of circulationloss.

Ushgarak
That's... disturbing...

LaurenE147
jealous

Ushgarak
Err... no... that's not really how it works...

Texas
Brad Pitt probably has a bigger pussy than Goldfinger!stick out tongue
Meowwink

LaurenE147
That was uncalled for, my friend.

finti
laughing out loud laughing out loud Tex is spot on

Billy The Kid
big grin

hehe...well, billy the kid.....used to act like a kid..didn`t he...hehe "The kid", but he still was one hell of a cowboy!!!!

rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

LaurenE147
I have to repeat myself. Jealous

Gundark
Brad Pitt in Thelma&Louise...

*faints*

They're building a new courthouse downtown here where I work and on Thursdays I walk past there on the way to the markethouse for lunch. You wanna talk about some guys filling out some jeans ! Whoa !!

*faints again*

Ushgarak
Doesn't matter how much you repeat yourself, Lauren, you are still making no sense! No amount of power will actually negate the physics of the situation! If you can bear to wear over-tight jeans, then there is NOTHING for another man to be jealous about!

Gundark
Ush, be a gent and catch me while I faint again...there's a dear.

*faints*

Ushgarak
I gotcha, Gundy-wundy...

But I will have you know that I am not risking my knackers in tortuous trousers... not even for you!

Gundark
Thats okay. I wuv ya anyway !

yerssot
*waits for queeqs comment*

Ushgarak
Ever considered if YOU look good in tight jeans, Gundy? Far less trouble for your average woman.

LaurenE147
I look hott in tight jeans. Sometimes they leave marks on my skin they are so tight. I think that men should extend the same courtesy. They don't even have to wear heels.

Ushgarak
Live as a man for a month wearing tight jeans evey day and see how courteous you feel...

LaurenE147
Wear Carlos Santana Bamba shoes for an hour and see how you fell.

Ushgarak
Well, I don't like those fancy shoes so feel free to throw them away, but in any case I think you will find that not foot irritation even vaguely compares to this.

LaurenE147
Typical male attitude.

Ushgarak
Yes, because it is sensible, see? You can't comment on that sort of thing unless you have ever been kicked in an area that God only meant to be treated nicely.

LaurenE147
Try having sore boobs for two straight years. Your pain stops

Ushgarak
Ah, now, you didn't catch me not sympathising with the problems of having breasts, did you? That is moving onto a whole new area.

But as to whether you would take one constant pain or a short but VERY extreme one... until someone has been both man and woman, no-one wll ever know!

LaurenE147
The never-ending battle. Who has it worse, male or female

Corran
I stopped wearing tight jeans, it's uncomfortable as Ush is trying to explain, also it's sooo humiliating having all those women look upon you as merely a sex object, a thing rather than the sensitive human being that I am. laughing out loud

LaurenE147
You're lucky you were being sarcastic, buddy. wink

Corran
What is sarcasm? confused

Ushgarak
Some new-fangled concept, apparently. I doubt it will catch on.

LaurenE147
roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
so for the love of the big giant syrup waffle please use the sarcasm tags!

sarcasm ahead: And that way people won't get mixed up

so you got some nice red and green to show it

LaurenE147
How's this?

sarcasm ahead: finti is the most intelligent person I've ever met!

yerssot
it's:

sarcasm ahead: finti is the most intelligent person I've ever met!

queeq
Good sarcasm is not and does not have to be announced.

yerssot
well, have you seen the toes of some posters?

LaurenE147
How do you change the font size and color of the same piece. I can't figure it out.

finti
you havent met me and it would be the truth if you did, not sarcasmbig grin cool

LaurenE147
fine

sarcasm ahead: finti is the most intelligent person I've ever spoken to through the Internet

Ushgarak
queeq is very right...

Gundark
And he loves to hear that....

LaurenE147
Gundy is righter.

yerssot
and I'm very left!
COMMUNISM!!!! big grin

Gundark
Then go sit in the corner.

Lauren, I believe queeq may argue that one with you....

LaurenE147
That doesn't matter. You are always right which makes me right.

yerssot
and this belongs in the politic forum!

LaurenE147
It's political. And just because you want to brag about being a fascist wannabe dictator.

Gundark
Nah. Its mean and nasty over there. Here, things are usually quite pleasant.

yerssot
err, left isn't fascist

finti
PDF is nice and cozy

LaurenE147
No, but communism is. Remember Joseph Stalin?

yerssot
*sigh*
fascist is right, communism is left

with dictatorship doesn't matter wich you believe in

LaurenE147
No. Anarchism is left. Monarchism is right.

yerssot
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure thing...
now, get some sleep and let the grown-ups talk about this

LaurenE147
Aren't you younger than I?

yerssot
don't know

and you weren't serious about your last post, right?

LaurenE147
Of course not. You weren't serious about being a communist were you?

yerssot
honestly? big grin

LaurenE147
laughing out loud

yerssot
yes, I am one

LaurenE147
Oh, I'm sorry. I'll send your family my condolences.

yerssot
you'll sent your family? nice...perhaps have some space left in the fridge...

and besides, communism isn't bad

LaurenE147
I don't know what you're talking about.

yerssot
depends what you are refering too

LaurenE147
I don't know. What am I referring to?

yerssot
another post...

Ushgarak
Yerss is correct, absolute rule can occur on left or right wing politics- but on vastly differing 'mandates'; you would never get an inherited dictator under left-wing politics, for example- at least not by design. As Monarchism is not, in itself, an absolute definition of a political system, then it is difficult to place it inside the spectrum. Absolute monarchism is right-wing, of course (being a form of Absolutism), but Constitutional Monarchism rather depends on what the Constitution is.

It WAS odd calling a left-winger like yerss a Fascist.

LaurenE147
Sorry, I forgot to use the sarcasm tags.

finti
please enlighten us with some of your comunist stands Yers

yerssot
THAT's a phrase you don't hear every day...

ok...they rule big grin

actually, this is PDF material and not GDF one...

finti
your views .........please

yerssot
uhoh eek! finti said the magic word!

Well, if you look at the basics of communism, sharing everything, and everyone is equal, it's what I would say a utopia, because everyone is equal, there are no bosses, no wars, ...

finti
theory yes, in that way Jesus must have been the first comunist or the way he`s been portrayed in the bible.
But no bosses and no wars??????????? NO WAY

yerssot
no bosses = everyone is equal
no war = everything is shared, no chit chat about land

finti
and that is impossible to achive

myveron
I have a lop eared rabbit and a load of tropical fishsmokin'

finti
any dangerous fish??evil face

yerssot
because men isn't ready for this

Gundark
I've had lots of lop rabbits in the past. They're great little pets.

finti
cool to hunt

Gundark
finti !!!!!! mad

finti
big grin

Gundark
You better grin at me !! mad

yerssot
oh! but finti told me he didn't!

LaurenE147
Yerss, read Animal Farm. You'll get the picture.

Ushgarak
He's read it. It's not as if that is the be all and end all of discussion about Communist theory.

LaurenE147
It makes for a tough argument though.

I mean, somebody has to be the leader. Somebody has to make the decisions.

Ushgarak
Well, according to TRUE Communst theory, no they don't. Not that this fantasy will ever happen.

LaurenE147
take note of the use of the word theory. Theories are often disproven

Ushgarak
Yeah, and they often work out just fine as well. And Communist theory IS just fine but it relies too much on people acting in the best interests of the society for it to be practicable. But in any case that wasn't a worthwhile statement because when discussing political ideology you always talk in terms of theory.

Most enlightened left-wingers who would once have been Communists tend to be Gramscists these days.

LaurenE147
People are unpredictable. The chaos theory disproves that which is proven over and over again everyday.

Ushgarak
That's just sophistic nonsense. Chaos theory is a scientific principle that has nothing to do with politics.

LaurenE147
It disproves the Communist theory so I would say it has something to do with it. There are tiny variabilities that change from second to second and change the outcome drastically. You can't predict people. This is the same reason meteorologists can't predict the weather for more than a few days in advance.

Didn't any of you read Jurassic Park?

Ushgarak
Yes.

But chaos theory does in no way prove the tenets of communism wrong. That is a complete non sequitur. You may as well say chaos theory porvves that no political system will ever work, which is obvious nonsense.

You need to think more before making such spurious connections.

LaurenE147
I am saying that Communist theory is based on the prediction of human behavior. People are unpredictable. The chaos theory deals with the unpredictability of complex systems such as people.

Ushgarak
But people as GROUPS are more predictable.

ALL poliitcal systems work on the basis of analysing group behaviour.

I am afraid that whatever you say about chaos theory, it is blatantly not true that it is impossible for politics to do this otherwise capitalism would not work either.

Your mistake is in trying to make out politics as a science, set in stone. It is flexible. Chais theiory is only relevant when dealing with things like hard maths.

LaurenE147
Capitalism isn't the great thing that people say it is. It is the worst form of government besides all the others. And you're still not getting me meaning.

A group of people is made up of individuals. Even if people are more predictable in groups there is always the one loose cannon that will change the system. Complex systems have tons of possible variables that can change and, I repeat, change the outcome drastically!!!!!!

Ushgarak
It doesn't matter if you don't like capitalism or not. It still works as predicted, is the point.

I get what you are saying perfectly, thanks, and it is still hogwash. No scientist has ever been stupid enough to say that chaos theory makes the analysis of people impossible. It doesn't matter if there is the odd random element. Society continues in any case. We have centuries of history to prove this, Lauren, and any nonsense you peddle about chaos theory does not change that.

And to simply say that chaos theory proves that communism doesn't work is one of the silliest things I have ever heard. You haven't even started to get to grips with the fundamental thinking behind it- I doubt you have any knowledge of that- and so that is a hypothesis you couldn't even vaguely begin to prove.

And the amusing post-script to this non-argument is that when scientists try and apply chaos theory to a social model they always come to the idea that Marxism is the one that best suits it. If you apply it literally then positive feedback would say that free-market capitalism would destroy itself (though just as Marx's own predictions about capitalism were wrong, this clearly does not work either; Gramsci later corrected this error by Marx) and that deep chaos would produce a society not at all dissimular to the one he envisaged... probably more like social anarchy, actually (Kim would like that, yerss...)

... but as they also point out, because social systems are non-linear NONE OF THIS APPLIES!

Julie
wow

LaurenE147
I'm not saying it makes the analysis of people impossible. You misunderstood me. You can't fully predict human actions because they of the tiny little variables

And show me these studies. Sounds like made up crap tome.-

Julie
I think I missed something

finti
I agree with this

Gundark
Err....I've never known Ush to use "made up crap". queeq yes, Ush, no.

LaurenE147
We need to use footnotes to prove our points instead of just shouting facts at each other.

finti
who is shouting??

LaurenE147
I felt shouted at.

finti
shout back

Gundark
You have to post in caps if you want to shout.

LIKE THIS !!!!!!!

finti
Shout
Shout
Let it all out
These are things I can do without
Come On
I'm talking to you
Come on" - Tears For Fears

Gundark
Something happens that I'm head over heels.....

LaurenE147
LIKE THIS!!!!!!!

Gundark
I think you've got it.

*covers ears*

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>