Red Son Superman vs Superboy prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fanboy
Okay so who wins?

Mider
who is the red sun or son superman and what can he do?

ZephroCarnelian
Red Son Superman.

Mider - Red Son is an Elseworlds story, where Clark lands as a baby in Russia instead of Kansas. He then grows up on the communal farms and when he develops his powers, he's taken by Stalin to be trained in the ways of Communism.

The story is fantastic and the character of Superman is so intense in this story - it's one of my favourite versions of him.

He had been brought up to believe in Communism and to help the Communist effort by using his powers to their fullest.

But at the same time he retains his instinctive sense of right and wrong - just skewed a little bit to think that Communism is 'right' and capitalism is 'wrong.'

------------------------

Superman's powers in Red Son are pretty much unlimited - but only because of his mindset.

For example - in Supergirl, where Supes beats her down, he states that he always holds back, hence she looked more powerful than him, when in fact HE was more powerful.

Therefore, in Red Son, where he DOESN'T seem to hold back, his powers are very very impressive.

There is no instance in the entire book where his powers are not sufficient for the job at hand.

For example - taking on the entire Amazonian army? No problem...

Likewise - at the end of the book, there is about to be an incredible explosion. Lex says to Superman that "the bomb will explode in seconds and destroy everything within 5 million miles. Even YOU'RE not THAT fast."

Supes just smiles and says "Don't count on it mister," as he streaks through space with the device at 5 million miles a second.

smile

Fantastic book and in terms of feats displayed I think Red Son would win against SBP.

AJ4LIFE
damm supes good

spetznaz
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Red Son Superman.

Mider - Red Son is an Elseworlds story, where Clark lands as a baby in Russia instead of Kansas. He then grows up on the communal farms and when he develops his powers, he's taken by Stalin to be trained in the ways of Communism.

The story is fantastic and the character of Superman is so intense in this story - it's one of my favourite versions of him.

He had been brought up to believe in Communism and to help the Communist effort by using his powers to their fullest.

But at the same time he retains his instinctive sense of right and wrong - just skewed a little bit to think that Communism is 'right' and capitalism is 'wrong.'

------------------------

Superman's powers in Red Son are pretty much unlimited - but only because of his mindset.

For example - in Supergirl, where Supes beats her down, he states that he always holds back, hence she looked more powerful than him, when in fact HE was more powerful.

Therefore, in Red Son, where he DOESN'T seem to hold back, his powers are very very impressive.

There is no instance in the entire book where his powers are not sufficient for the job at hand.

Likewise - at the end of the book, there is about to be an incredible explosion. Lex says to Superman that "the bomb will explode in seconds and destroy everything within 5 million miles. Even YOU'RE not THAT fast."

Supes just smiles and says "Don't count on it mister," as he streaks through space with the device at 5 million miles a second.

smile

Fantastic book and in terms of feats displayed I think Red Son would win against SBP.

And do not forget the part where the Green Lantern corptraps him with their ringsand he smashes through all that and tells them not to try a thought based weapons against a person who can move far faster than the speed of THOUGHT.

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by spetznaz
And do not forget the part where the Green Lantern corptraps him with their ringsand he smashes through all that and tells them not to try a thought based weapons against a person who can move far faster than the speed of THOUGHT.

"Colonel Jordan!!! I can't concentrate!!! I keep thinking about what I had for breakfast this morning... we're doomed!! Aaaaarrrggghhhh....."

laughing

Juntai
Red Son Superman.

------------------------

smile

Fantastic book and in terms of feats displayed I think Red Son would win against SBP. Current Superman could accomplish most of those feats in Red Son.

Juntai
or comparably so.

ZephroCarnelian
Yeah - he has the exact same level of power.

It's just using it, that's all.

Red Son has a different mindset and had no hesitation when using his powers.

Current Superman would easily get all those feats done too, if he had the same mindset and decided not to pull his punches. smile

Juntai
Yeah - he has the exact same level of power.

It's just using it, that's all.

Red Son has a different mindset and had no hesitation when using his powers.

Current Superman would easily get all those feats done too, if he had the same mindset and decided not to pull his punches. smile Yep, just, he's always giving chances and stuff, and saving every life he can. Hell, even in the fight with Doomsday, he was running in, punching, stepping back, saving a person, running back into the fight, taking a blow, throwing Doomsday through the air, etc. lol.

Superman when he's done playing though is just a plain beast.

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by Juntai
Yep, just, he's always giving chances and stuff, and saving every life he can. Hell, even in the fight with Doomsday, he was running in, punching, stepping back, saving a person, running back into the fight, taking a blow, throwing Doomsday through the air, etc. lol.

Superman when he's done playing though is just a plain beast.

Yup - just as he proved when he *****-slapped Supergirl. laughing

And...

Supes "You humans are such fragile little things... easily broken..."

Bad guy "He's bluffing...." Gets punched into orbit

Supes "Anyone else wanna be stupid enough to think I'm bluffing?"

laughing

Juntai
Yup - just as he proved when he *****-slapped Supergirl. laughing

And...

Supes "You humans are such fragile little things... easily broken..."

Bad guy "He's bluffing...." Gets punched into orbit

Supes "Anyone else wanna be stupid enough to think I'm bluffing?"

laughing And to match that Red Son speed feat with something comparable... When Lex was announced as President of the United States, Superman flew about 800 million miles in 4 minutes and punched a moon in a half in a single swipe.

spetznaz
And to match that Red Son speed feat with something comparable... When Lex was announced as President of the United States, Superman flew about 800 million miles in 4 minutes and punched a moon in a half in a single swipe.

First of all might you have a scan of this?

Hmmm ....that shows that Superman is FAR faster than the speed of light.
After all, it takes light 8 minutes to travel the 93 million miles to earth.
Superman travelled 800 MILLION miles in 4 minutes.

I'd say that is a sizeable accomplishment.

That comes to around 17.204 times the speed of light!

Calculations:
- In 4 minutes travelled 800 million miles.
- Thus, in the 8 minutes it would take for light to travel 93 million miles to Earth, Superman would have travelled 1,600 million miles.
- Hence, dividing 1,600,000,000 by 93,000,000 gives 17.204.3

Makes one smile. PreC Superman is coming back (and it doesn't have to be E2 Superman ....current post-C Superman seems to have a rather considerably power increase).
For one I am glad .....I got tired of the 'Flying Colossus/Male Rogue' Superman a long time ago.

PS: Let me also add that the punching a moon in half is a TREMENDOUS feat all on its own.
Basically, if a scan surfaced of this (the speed feat and the strength feat) it would take care of most 'Colossus can beat Superman' rubbish coming from Marvel fanboys ....easily.
A one scan knockout.

spetznaz
And to match that Red Son speed feat with something comparable... When Lex was announced as President of the United States, Superman flew about 800 million miles in 4 minutes and punched a moon in a half in a single swipe.

Juntai, might you be able to get a scan of that. The things such a scan could accomplish would be wonderous.
smile

It would be a one-shot knockout.

grey fox
Sweet , i'll have to see if i can find any red-son downloads big grin

Arahan

Juntai

Calculations:
- Thus, in the 8 minutes it would take for light to travel 93 million miles to Earth, Superman would have travelled 1,600 million miles.

Makes one smile. PreC Superman is coming back (and it doesn't have to be E2 Superman ....current post-C Superman seems to have a rather considerably power increase).
For one I am glad .....I got tired of the 'Flying Colossus/Male Rogue' Superman a long time ago.

PS: Let me also add that the punching a moon in half is a TREMENDOUS feat all on its own.
Basically, if a scan surfaced of this (the speed feat and the strength feat) it would take care of most 'Colossus can beat Superman' rubbish coming from Marvel fanboys ....easily.
A one scan knockout. Yep, here you go. Flies to Saturn and punches a moon in half, in about 4 minutes. That's 790 some odd million miles from Earth.

Juntai
Also, in the fight with Wonder Woman, they went from Earth, to the sun, and back, while fighting in 1 minute and 58 seconds. Though most of that was Superman's speed, as he flew her there and beat her back. Farther showing much faster than light capabilities.

As you said it takes 8 minutes and some odd seconds for light to reach Earth alone, Superman fighting WW did twice the distance in 1/4 of the time.

grey fox

AJ4LIFE
red superman every time

Sir Whirlysplat

Calculations:

A one scan knockout.

I quoted this example a few days ago in the Supes v Jack Hawksmoore thread, I don't have a scan either but...... He did it!!!

Juntai
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
I quoted this example a few days ago in the Supes v Jack Hawksmoore thread, I don't have a scan either but...... He did it!!! The scan is there for him to see. As well I gave another example.
big grin

spetznaz
The scan is there for him to see. As well I gave another example.
big grin

Gracias!

I am now locked and loaded for bear .....or in this case for any Marvel fanboys who would claim that characters along the likes of Colossus, Rogue, and Iron Man are matches for Kal El.
One shot kill.

Thanks Juntai.

S.

Mider
supes is insanly powerful geez i really dont know how he'd do against supes boy prime.

super boy prime most whole planets with out even the people on them knowing about it he took out super girl or powergirl AND MM but i think Red Sun would win since he's so fast Superboy prime still had problems with the speedsters

The Ion
Red Son Superman.

------------------------

smile

Byrneman could take out the Amazonian army. It's just a bunch of Spider-Man level women with the exception of Wonder Woman.

Marcus4600
They're both jerks.
http://www.superdickery.com/images/dick/98_4_0275.jpg
List of more pratical uses Superboy can make of a machine that can see through time:

1.) Betting on the outcomes of sporting events.
2.) Forseeing natural diasters and catastrophhe.
3.) Letting Bruce Wayne know that his parents are going to be gunned down in front of his very eyes in a filthy alley, you dick!

Superman:

http://www.superdickery.com/images/dick/1296_4_039.jpg

The Ion
Wrong Superboy there, champ. I'm glad you found superdickery.com though.

Marcus4600
Blame The Kahn. He sent it to me. It's possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen. Didn't know Wonder Woman was into bondage.

manjaro
Red Son superman is cool and all: believe it or not i wrote a term paper on the book last year, but SBP is all that ends all when it comes to the superman mythos, he's as powerful as E-1 superman is as an adult, and we all know that E-1 supes set the gold standrd-----sneezing away solar systems, re lighting the sun with a giant match of his own creation, and his heat vision once, used heat vision to write his name and secret ID in the moon...from Earth! and left canyons so big the words could be read with the naked eye....from Earth! what the F you think is gonna happen when SBP grows up?

Pyron_Knight
Red Son wins thanks to superior intellect.

carnage52
Red Son Superman.

------------------------

smile

Fantastic book and in terms of feats displayed I think Red Son would win against SBP. i loved it too im readiong it agian thans to you!

Dark-Jaxx
I don't know much about Red Son Superman...But every feat mentioned in this thread SBP could easily replicate and surpass. no expression

Pyron_Knight
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/1854/redson01xv8.jpg

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/1854/redson01xv8.jpg

In America, you watch TV

In Soviet Russia, TV watches YOU!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.