Darkseid vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
Now, this isn't a normal match...... Its abit more indepth.
I wonder if the charactershield he dons has defeated Uxas more than his actual powerset has??
Darkseid is not supposed to be capable of being defeated by physical means.....
Darkseid isn't a guy you punch out. He is a force of the universe, and as such has to be dealt with accordingly. We all know he has been depowered, so no use lamenting that.
BUT when exactly did Darkseid become a superman villain??
I remember playing the old N64 Superman game, and at the end, the POLICE actually arrest Darkseid.......THE FRICKIN POLICE!!!! I think thats when i actually started to despise the S logo.
Darkseid was a New Gods villain in his creator's intentions. He had a whole planet to keep him line. Not Superman, or the JLA. He was a universal threat who was Intense, not because of his look but his thought process. He was a fascist, and had a singleminded goal. Thats what made him scary. Not his physical brawn(which wasn't the original idea neway) or face. It was his mind. He had plans for years in advance. He was originally the thinker, prepper extraordinaire. Yet in S/BmesseduperGirl, he lost a staredown with Batman........Damn. You would've thought he had a contigency plan huh?? And the whole point of him using Kara?? Kryptonians have been surpassed by his creations... Stayne??
And why would he bother with trying to mind controlling Superman when he's already created beings much more powerful than him? That attempt is cliched and overdone.
Maybe only i like stories where villains aren't defeated but thwarted in their goals?? And how does controlling Superman get him closer to his ultimate goal?? Nada. A story where Darkseid is thwarted, but still accomplishes an important step in his ultimate plan is a story where both sides thrive imo. As much as precrisis was stupid, they did some of their villains right. I realize that at the end of the day, its a business, but i wish they'd respect all their creations, rather than just the big three. The same for Marvel. Bad writing generally means bad sales.
Didn't wanna expound, but the ultimate story arc is forming in my mind, and too see it come to fruition would be a beautiful thing.

UniOmni
26 views, but no responses?? Where are the debaters??

Pepito
This has been done literally hundreds of times, within the forum and the comics - evryone's checking to see what spin you've put on it, only to find out there is no spin.

Try a more inventive one next time like: Green Goblin versus Spiderman or X-men versus Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.