Makashi Master vs An Expert Gunmen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DiamondBullets
Circa 9 years before Geonosis............

In Dooku's large foyer in his castle on Serenno, he and Jango have gotten in a heated arguement over biznazz, and Jango draws, as does Dooku....

Makashi is designed for sword-on-sword, not a Mandalorian weilding twin high-capacity blaster pistols. As a survivor of Galidraan, I'm assuming he would hafta rely on Form I to take Jango.

Who d'yall think would win this?......and how?

Numan
I'm assuming Dooku is not allowed to use active force powers. Though Makashi is not designed for blaster bolt deflection, I am sure he would still be able to still block Jango's shots. It is likely from his training as a jedi that he learned Shi-Cho and 1 other form and that he only mastered Makashi when he became a sith. It is likely that if this is the case, he would be able to incorporate his knowledge of blaster bolt deflection with his skill in Makashi. Or he could just switch forms to something like Shi-Cho and easily beat Jango.

Captain REX
He mastered Makashi before he became a Sith. He was one of the most notable swordsmen of the Jedi Order, after all; the notable ones are usually masters, like Windu, Yoda, Kenobi, etc.

However, I still think that Dooku could deflect shots.

Fishy
Its not his speciality he could still do it though, Jango is dead.

Council#13
Agreed. He would be able to use the basics of form 1 to block some of the blasts i think

Trigler
Like stated before, he's obviously mastered Shii-Cho and possibly other forms. If Soresu is one of them, he'd own Jango.

DiamondBullets
I think Jango would find openings in Dooku's movements, and be able to outshoot him.

Darth Traya
WTF? KotOR II is the only source for that "MAKSHI IS CRAP AGAINST BLASTORZ!". And even then, it doesn't even state that, its just a gameplay device designed to even out Makashi.

Dooku tools Jango. Dooku is a Sith nine years before Geonosis. He could choke Jango to death...

kamikz
Exactly. Like Soresu only gives defence bonuses against blasterbolts.

Wesker
Yeah, I'd like to point out that Makashi doesn't mean one can't deflect blasts; that's KOTOR II gameplay mechanics that became some Makashi brain bug.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Darth Traya
WTF? KotOR II is the only source for that "MAKSHI IS CRAP AGAINST BLASTORZ!". And even then, it doesn't even state that, its just a gameplay device designed to even out Makashi.

Dooku tools Jango. Dooku is a Sith nine years before Geonosis. He could choke Jango to death...

No, that video game is not the only source.------just about any online source that's about Dooku or Makashi.

Darth Traya
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
No, that video game is not the only source.------just about any online source that's about Dooku or Makashi.

Yep. If you use that brain of yours, you might come to the assumption that it is because they are comitting the same kind of fallacy.

Fishy
And even if it were true, lets asssume so for a minute..

It doesn't mean that Dooku can't deflect baster bolts just that is isn't his strong point. Dooku however as not just a Makashi Master but as a Jedi Master and Sith Lord could easily deflect those attacks.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Darth Traya
Yep. If you use that brain of yours, you might come to the assumption that it is because they are comitting the same kind of fallacy.

and the video game isn't?

Wesker
Actually, DiamondBullets, you're ignoring a few important points:

- Game play mechanics aren't canon. If you don't know what those are, they're anything in a video game that isn't dialogue, FMV, or a journal type file found in game. According to KotOR II game play, Makashi makes you stronger against Force attacks. Come on now... that makes NO sense.

- The only online sources that discuss Makashi would be Wikipedia or places that get their answers from Wikipedia, like Answers.com. Wikipedia is a dubious source at best, outright wrong at worst. And unless it's on Starwars.com, no online source is worthwhile.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.