Spider-man is wearing a black suit!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Doc Ock
http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=3892

BAILY
Nice costume....

Cascador
They claim it's not a black and white picture...but that can't be the symbiote costume! looks the same as the red and blue one....

Doc Ock
I know.

If that's the symbiote costume,then it sucks.

Cascador
maybe the symbiote works different here...cause how can it make that logo it has on his chest and back in the film? Maybe they are trying to make it more realistic this way...anyway I'm dissapointed if this is the symbiote costume...

Doc Ock
Jesus if that's what the symbiote costume looks like,can you imagine Venom LMAO!

Cascador
I hope this is just a test...."prayes"

atharpina
I like it.

I mean at least it's something, you know?

spencerspider
Yea, Ock, that is what I was saying, imagine Venom....

NoFate007
I like it....sort of......I can't see the center of it too well...and it COULD be a black and white picture....but hey if Raimi has any brains, he won't make the Venom suit look exactly like this too.

NoFate007
Nevermind about it not being a black suit. http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/
Lol.

Silverstein
wtf, it DOES look like a black and white pic. but they say it isnt, um, its just the regular spiderman suit...thats black...

maybe in the movie, there will be no need for special effects for the symbiote on spidey, maybe he'll just wear a black suit...same fabric and stuff? who knows

Cascador
why would he...this has to be the symbiote costume...why would he wear a black spider-man suit...I know it's not the symbiote costume from the comics...but I don't see another explenation unfortunatly

spencerspider
yea, this should be symbiote costume, this is prob it..

Marcus4600
It's more remiscent of the symbiote taking over Peter in Spider-Girl. If that's the symbiote, I guess there will be a Venom. *glares at the doubters*

Doc Ock
It's just the regular Spidey suit except.....it's black erm

TheKahn
No, no, no, no, no, no, no,nodamnitstupidsonuvabastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Thoes lazy Bastards! They have millions of dollars and state of the art special effects and this THIS is what they come up with??? Just take the regular costume and spray paint it black? wallbash

They made Spiderman look cool on screen, they made a middleaged overweight guy look cool as Doc Ock, but they're just not trying with this one. I was actually looking forward to seeing how they would handle the symbiotes but this is just disappointing. I really hope this is just a bad joke.

atharpina
Ok, let's keep complaining!

Cause by this one picture of Spiderman we can judge the entire film! Sounds like the greatest plan ever formulated if you ask me.

(detect sarcasm)

Doc Ock
Nobody is judging the entire movie,just the costume erm

Marcellus
thats not the symbiote suit, and thats probably not how the costume will look. Its dark in that pitcture and their hinting at tragedy. look closer Im pretty confident thats not sandman who cast's that reflection in his eye's

Altar[1stONE]
Originally posted by Marcellus
thats not the symbiote suit, and thats probably not how the costume will look. Its dark in that pitcture and their hinting at tragedy. look closer Im pretty confident thats not sandman who cast's that reflection in his eye's ]

Thats what i was gonna conclude, that this spider man will be dark and dramatic , probably alot of deaths who knows. I wouldnt be to hastey to say that spiderman will be wearing a black suit, but if he does it kicks ass cause i love black big grin Yeah whos in the reflection? green goblin or venom?

Update: Well i zoomed in on the reflection, its either venom or green goblin im serious. The eyes are big and wide, like gg or venoms and theirs a malcious grin and what i think could be a tongue.

Tekno Boy
It's not the Symbiote suit. It's just a dramatic picture of Spider-Man in his normal suit at night. The real Symbiote costume is going to look much better than that.

DBZ MAN
Tekno boy is right and I think thats Venom in the lense.

spencerspider
Nothings in the lense, if they wanted us to see something in there we could easily see it, no mater how hard you look or u rotate it, it is nothing. it would be pretty clear if there was something

DBZ MAN
Could be a teaser. As in They are just teasing us laughing

Cascador
then why are they saying on the website the costume IS black...not just that it LOOKS black...maybe he got a bucket of black paint dropped on him or something lol

SpyCspider
did anyone know how Spidey's suit was gonna look like when he entered the caged match with Bonesaw? Perhaps this is similar....he's wearing a black suit, just not the symbiote one....yet...

Cascador
Originally posted by SpyCspider
did anyone know how Spidey's suit was gonna look like when he entered the caged match with Bonesaw? Perhaps this is similar....he's wearing a black suit, just not the symbiote one....yet...

yeah but that doesn't make sense...he changed his outfit because he didn't have the time to make it for the fight probably in the first film. But now he has his costume that he wears in the comics...so why would he change the colour if it's not the symbiote?

spencerspider
exactly, this is either the symbiote, or just showing that Spiderman will be very emotional this time around, which means Harry might die.. or MJ or Gwen.

Cascador
I dont think this is a metaphore of how dark the movie will be....no his costume is black...that's what sonypictures said. I don't think they would have posted that if it was a metaphore...

2-D

spencerspider
thers already a thread on this paola could you close this?

spencerspider
well yea, i think it's what he will look like, but i was just saying there is that slim chance..

Doc Ock
It says it's the black costume on the Sony site.

And there's nothing in the lens.If there was,it would be clearly visible,like Ock was in the SM-2 poster.

TheOnes2
Maybe the 3d weblines are just sticking out of the symbiote costume. In the cartoons and comics they were 2d so it would look cheesy if they did that. And no "Venom Insignia" on there yet.

steverules
Don't know about you guys but it reminds me of the sin city poster/s.

Cascador
Originally posted by TheOnes2
Maybe the 3d weblines are just sticking out of the symbiote costume. In the cartoons and comics they were 2d so it would look cheesy if they did that. And no "Venom Insignia" on there yet.

yeah but spidey's logo was entirely different...also his eyes...IMO they should have made his eyes a bit alien like, so that it doesn't look like a fabric but like a living thing. I know it's not easy to make Venom's costume a reality. But they could have done better...something more creative!

TheOnes2
This film is still 1 and 1/2 years away so maybe its just a working progress and will make it seem more alien like

Cascador
just think it's strange to show it already...if it's not even finished as I hope and some think...

Doc Ock
It was a lazy design.

Take the regular Spidey costume and just make it black.With the giant budget they have,they could have designed something far better.

Lazy I tell you.

Cascador
no they are tricking us...must be...like you said...with a budget like that they can do a lot better...so there must be a reason that they are hiding! It's just to trick the fans and get their attention...

TheKahn
Originally posted by Doc Ock
It was a lazy design.

Take the regular Spidey costume and just make it black.With the giant budget they have,they could have designed something far better.

Lazy I tell you.

yes

Even if this is the costume I think the movie will be good. Its just a lot of fans have been looking forward to seeing the Venom symbiote on screen since the franchise started and this is just mediocre attempt at best. I hope its just some kind of stunt to get the fans riled up and they still would have time to change it. Its not that this is a really bad costume, its that they could have done so much better.

spencerspider
yea, its not that bad

steverules
Not terrible, but if spidey looks like that then I have to wonder what venom will look like.

NoFate007
I doubt its the final result. Hell, look at X3's figure of Juggernaut with the completely different costume than what he is in the actual film.

steverules
Yeah but this is a poster, they wouldn't release this poster unless they were 100% sure that they wanted spidey to look like he does now.

SpyCspider
well technically the symbiote can mimick any type of clothing it wants to rite? wink

I dont' think Raimi will let us down with such a cheap shot at the black costume.

Cascador
no they posted a picture of spider-man of the first film...where it showed that the eyes were a soft fabric instead of the mirror-eyes he has now...it wasn't exactly the costume from the first film either. Okay it didn't change that much, but still things could change!

spencerspider
I doubt it is going to change much..

SpyCspider
if people haven't already seen this..it's an unproven pic of venom

i really hope they'll make him frighteningly realistic....and make kids in the audience cry.

Cascador

i really hope they'll make him frighteningly realistic....and make kids in the audience cry.

isn't that from the fanmade animation one guy made...it's not real.

SpyCspider
yea i guess so...i've never seen it before

but it shouldn't be hard with all the digital advances and their budget.

Cascador
Well I have no doubt about that...but maybe Venom won't be as scary as you think, they are gonna make an action movie, not a horror movie
I agree that it would have been cool if they really made him scary...but I doubt that.

TheOnes2
I want a spider-man movie thats a 15. No annoying Kids, Scary Venom and lots of deaths (Preferably MJ)

DBZ MAN

Thats been modified from an ALIEN

SpyCspider
^hahahah that crossed my mind

steverules
Looks cool.

Jedi Shmedi
Ugh, this is the Superman Returns costume complaints all over again.

DBZ MAN
The superman costume is great........for what it is.

steverules
Yeah.

Backspace
I dont think this is necissaraly the final product of the black suit.

I think the reason for them releasing this is just to show that he will have the black suit. And its not an official poster right? so we cant really say. Im just hoping the black suit will look better than that.

steverules
Same here. They could make him have the big spider symbol so that when he gets rid of the costume Venom has the big spider symbol.

LiQuiD
maybe when the symbiote first goes on peter hes wearing the regular costume... and the details show through. Hopefully thats the case and eventually he wears the black costume we all know and love from the comics. Other than that... venom ABSOLUTELY has to look right... they can't and wont do this half assed-- i hope.

DBZ MAN
I think its just supposed to give the feel that something dark will happen in this movie. At the same time we can also expect to see Peter with the symbiote costume.

spencerspider
yea, he is wearing the symbiote i believe though, and the rain and him looking sad show a dark movie.

H. S. 6
Wrong-o. no expression

atharpina
If the symbiote costume can mimick any clothing, then maybe its just mimicking Spidey's normal outfit?

I know that we all wish they'd pull off something awesome with Venom and the symbiote...but Rami's made it painfully obvious that he doesn't care much for it. We may just have to live with what he gives us, and what he gives us could VERY well be half assed.

Paola
Originally posted by spencerspider
thers already a thread on this paola could you close this?

see the importance of giving your thread the right name?

TheOnes2
and please sort out the spelling error while your there Paola

H. S. 6
I do believe I'll have to make a sig from this pic. euro

Jimmy Buggs
Not the symbo . Spidey is wearing all black cus MJ died.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Jimmy Buggs
Not the symbo . Spidey is wearing all black cus MJ died.

laughing

no expression

spencerspider
lol I doubt that...

Jimmy Buggs
so is venom going to be eric forman in a black spidey suit? or are we gunna have teeth and drool?

Doc Ock
Why was my thread title changed?? confused

Whoever did it has lousy spelling skills stick out tongue wink

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Jimmy Buggs
so is venom going to be eric forman in a black spidey suit? or are we gunna have teeth and drool?

LMAO! laughing

Hopefully with teeth and drool.

But after seeing the so called 'black suit' I'm not so sure.

chucktaylor
This costume sucks.

If this were a promo, it would be great, but the headlines showing it tto be the symbiote, I'm disgusted.

Not too terrible, but I'm just disgusted...

King_Thorin
it's just a black and white pic, his colored suit is still in the movie, although from what I hear, it is somewhat a different color, like darker.

Doc Ock
It's not a black and white pic.

Not in the sense you mean anyway.

King_Thorin
It's not a black and white pic.

Not in the sense you mean anyway. yeah, I got that.
But who gives a rats ass, if they change his suit, it's gonna be changed one day, why not start with this movie.

atharpina
It's changed for a reason...

Are you even paying attention to whats going on? It's the symbiote, not some random costume change.

Knightfall93
Indeed (*glances at pic and slowly proceeds to slit wrists..*)

Vendetta
Didn't black cat make spiderman a black costume in the comics?

Knightfall93
WTF!? It's the SYMBIOTE!

chucktaylor
Um...yeah...

steverules
Originally posted by Knightfall93
WTF!? It's the SYMBIOTE!

Who would've guessed.

spencerspider
lol thats funny

steverules
What is?

Marcus4600

Too bad that pic is of Violator from the Spawn movie, and someone just doctored it. I can't believe people believe that's an actual pic of Venom.

Xirius
Since the Symbiote can mimic clothing, why wouldnt it imitate his current costume?
But when Brock gets the costume, maybe it'll mutate slightly to suit him and his hatred of Spider-man?

Cascador
Originally posted by Xirius
Since the Symbiote can mimic clothing, why wouldnt it imitate his current costume?

yes, but why imitate it in black? If what you say is true...then it seems that it can only mimic clothings in black...

Xirius
Originally posted by Cascador
yes, but why imitate it in black? If what you say is true...then it seems that it can only mimic clothings in black...
Maybe it can only imitate black clothing, or maybe the whole point of the new costume is that Spider-man wanted to change from his old one, so he made the symbiote into a black costume.
All Im saying is that it doesnt have to look like Venoms costume when Spidey's wearing it. I know it did in the comics, but if the movies always copied the comics exactly, theyd be unrealistic and pointless.

spencerspider
thats a pretty good idea, o i like your sig..

Backspace
Originally posted by Backspace
I dont think this is necissaraly the final product of the black suit.

I think the reason for them releasing this is just to show that he will have the black suit. And its not an official poster right? so we cant really say. Im just hoping the black suit will look better than that.
I still think this makes the most sense.

Doc Ock
If this was not the final product,then they wouldn't have bothered showing us.

They don't publically show half finished designs.

Backspace
I just think they are trying to show that he will be wearing a black suit.

And the movie doesnt come out for almost a year and a half so they have time.

Xirius
Originally posted by Backspace
I still think this makes the most sense.
Of course you do, you said it. stick out tongue

Xirius
This clears things up a bit http://www.flickr.com/photos/63389154@N00/103994501/

Cascador
This clears things up a bit http://www.flickr.com/photos/63389154@N00/103994501/

That could be fake tho...not difficult to change a picture's colour...I always change the colour of my skin so that it looks like I have a tan but normally I am as white as a corpse! lol

atharpina

Someone had made this official looking pic of Joker that was supposedly from the BB sequel. It's not hard to make pictures look like something totally different, much less change the colors..

Knightfall93
Can't... wait... I said it was symbiote bgecauyse someone said some half assed crap about Felicia giving him a black suit...

spencerspider
dude that is fake, you can easily change the colors

Knightfall93
It is |such a FAKE

Xirius
Yeah, it probably is fake now that I think about it......... embarrasment

steverules
It may not be fake, I think I heard some where that they released two posters one with spidey inhis black costume and another in his colour costume, but that could be wrong.

Knightfall93
I just wanna know...

SpyCspider
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Can't... wait... I said it was symbiote bgecauyse someone said some half assed crap about Felicia giving him a black suit...

uh you DO know that Felicia made Spidey a black suit after he ditched his symbiote one, right? wink

steverules
I know I read it had loads of pockets.

Cascador
Originally posted by steverules
It may not be fake, I think I heard some where that they released two posters one with spidey inhis black costume and another in his colour costume, but that could be wrong.

I think that if they did that, they would be two different pictures, not the same just in a different colour, cause spider-man certainly will wear the casual one in the beginning and prob. in the end if the black one is in the movie. Just my thoughts...

H. S. 6
Does nobody else believe that this isn't the symbiote costume? no

steverules
I hope the black one is in the movie and I am pretty sure that it might be in the movie.

Backspace
They should at least give it a bluish tint so its not so grey.

Cascador
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Does nobody else believe that this isn't the symbiote costume? no

Well why do you think it isn't the symbiote costume...like they said, it can mimic every costume....and give another good reason why spider-man's costume is black if it isn't the symbiote.

steverules
I don't think it could be shadow that makes it so dark.

Cascador
Originally posted by steverules
I don't think it could be shadow that makes it so dark.

I agree...the fact that sony pictures itself said that it is a black outfit, says enough...if it was just shadow you should still be able to see some blue or red in the pic...otherwise they are lying to us that it is a coloured pic lol

H. S. 6
Well why do you think it isn't the symbiote costume...like they said, it can mimic every costume....and give another good reason why spider-man's costume is black if it isn't the symbiote.

Webs? Number one.

Number two. I doubt Sony would release a teaser--not to mention so early--that reveals a symbiote costume

Number three. You may not know much of photomanipulations, or even art in general. The picture is dark and moody to portray to trouble that Peter will soon be in. The rain, clouds? All of that lends itself. Otherwise known as, artistic license.

I doubt very much so that this is the symbiote costume. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cascador
Then you are suggesting that sony pictures is just lying to us? I doubt that...

Xirius
Webs? Number one.

Number two. I doubt Sony would release a teaser--not to mention so early--that reveals a symbiote costume

Number three. You may not know much of photomanipulations, or even art in general. The picture is dark and moody to portray to trouble that Peter will soon be in. The rain, clouds? All of that lends itself. Otherwise known as, artistic license.

I doubt very much so that this is the symbiote costume. roll eyes (sarcastic)
If you expect the symbiote to be exactly as in the comics, you're more than likely going to be very disappointed. As I said earlier, it doesnt matter if the Spidey-symbioye has webs, coz the costume will prob change when Brock gets it....... while the picture is very gloomy, I doubt that Sony would release it and say its not black and white, if they just meant for it to be a moody picture.

Cascador
exactly my point...if they are just trying to portray spider-man in black to show that the third film will be dark, sad etc...they wouldn't have quoted that it is a black suit! Otherwise the public would get the wrong picture.

H. S. 6
Then you are suggesting that sony pictures is just lying to us? I doubt that...

Has Sony Pictures stated it's the symbiote costume?

If you expect the symbiote to be exactly as in the comics, you're more than likely going to be very disappointed. As I said earlier, it doesnt matter if the Spidey-symbioye has webs, coz the costume will prob change when Brock gets it....... while the picture is very gloomy, I doubt that Sony would release it and say its not black and white, if they just meant for it to be a moody picture.

I don't expect it to be the exact same thing as in the comics. What I do expect, however, is for it to be more of a contrast than that to the original costume used in the movie.

Cascador
I asked you what other purpose the black suit would have if it wasn't the symbiote...you didn't answer...

steverules
Probably thinks it shadow.

spencerspider
lol he prob does, but some guy on superherohype lighted everything up, and changed a little, meaning that it is in fact black

Knightfall93
Oh my god, fans are doing better than movie maker people... that sucks ass!

spencerspider
lol it does, I saw a pic on their of Spiderman with symbiote better than the picture they gave us...

steverules
LOL yup.

Knightfall93
Indubitabely

steverules
I would like to see how this is all gonna work out and how Pete finds out his costume is alive.

Cascador
well I remember the animated serie, there the costume began to mimic by itself...Peter didn't mind, he loved it, it made him stronger, faster and such until he realised that it also made him more violent.

steverules
And if he saw his reflection with the costume in then he would see the venom we all know now.

atharpina
I can see Tobey looking into a rain puddle or something and we see Venom's face and there's some really loud BUH BUM music to make us all jump and Tobey screams.

Forgive the run-on sentences if you will.

Mr Parker
I know.

If that's the symbiote costume,then it sucks.

that could be the only logical explanation for it.his suit is probably black now because like in the cartoon,maybe he has acquired the symbiote and venom is taking over him now.

H. S. 6
I asked you what other purpose the black suit would have if it wasn't the symbiote...you didn't answer...

I did answer. I don't believe it's the symbiote costume. I believe it's mostly black/cloudy/rainy because of the mood the poster is supposed to portray.

Why did Sony say it was a black costume? To spark controversy. Did it work? Hell yeah. Fans everywhere are debating about it.

If it's not the symbiote, you act as if that would automatically make it the original costume but in shadow. This isn't a picture from the film. This is a teaser poster. It doesn't have to be strictly a scene from the film.

chucktaylor
Ah...we're saved!!!

Backspace
i agree hotsauce.

spencerspider
I think it is the symbiote

atharpina
Yeah, I think it is too.

Lying about something like this is waaaaay too dangerous. It's basically like confirming or denying a villain.

Marcus4600
*sings the song Denial by Sevendust*

So, I guess nobody reads Spider-Girl. When the symbiote goes back to Peter Parker, it does a symbiosis similar to this one, except it has the jaws. I think that's more of what they're going for. I bet he'll kill Sandman in cold blood because of the symbiote.

steverules
Maybe, they seem to kill of all the villains in the spidey movies right now.

Marcus4600
I have a good feeling that Venom may live though, and they said Ock isn't dead. If Venom dies, then at least my favorite villain got to be in the movie.

steverules
Ock ain't dead!?! he looked pretty dead when I saw him, and if he does return he would have to be a god guy since he turned good at the end of spidey 2. Unless they found a way to make him evil again.

Cascador
I did answer. Why did Sony say it was a black costume? To spark controversy. Did it work? Hell yeah. Fans everywhere are debating about it.
If they wanted controversy, they just had to post this picture, that would have done enough to debate about, they wouldn't have to lie to us...

If it's not the symbiote, you act as if that would automatically make it the original costume but in shadow. This isn't a picture from the film. This is a teaser poster. It doesn't have to be strictly a scene from the film.
I never said it was. But it has to be related to the film, like I said it isn't just to describe the mood for the film.

steverules
Exactly. The last 2 spidey posters weren't scenes from the movie, so does that mean that the costumes we saw in the posters weren't going to be in the movie? No, they showed him wearing those costumes for a reason and that reason was because he would be wearing the costume in the movie. Spidey will have the BLACK symbiote costume in the 3rd movie. Shadow/black clouds/night does not make the clothes you wear go completely black, you still have some colour and there is no colour on spideys costume. There is a bit of colour in the poster but not on spidey.

Knightfall93
I'm very worried... and Ock HAS to be dead or it's the cheapest stunt they've pulled since "Elektra"

steverules
That was just lame what they did with Elektra. I think Ock is dead, it will be lame if he ain't.

Sparkz
Originally posted by Altar
]

Thats what i was gonna conclude, that this spider man will be dark and dramatic , probably alot of deaths who knows. I wouldnt be to hastey to say that spiderman will be wearing a black suit, but if he does it kicks ass cause i love black big grin Yeah whos in the reflection? green goblin or venom?

Update: Well i zoomed in on the reflection, its either venom or green goblin im serious. The eyes are big and wide, like gg or venoms and theirs a malcious grin and what i think could be a tongue.

or if you look closly its spider-mans arm :O

spencerspider
Nothing is in his eye, quit looking you will waste time. Also, I know Raimi said Ock is alive, but will he bring him back? I think the only way he will is if he runs Sinister Six. Also, I think he should keep killing the villains, kill Venom, or Eddie, and have symbiote escape to keep the people thinking it might get on someone else. Then you have Ock you could do, and maybe, sry knightfall lol maybe carnage for way later. But anyway it is the symbiote so you will have to get over it if you don't like it.

TheOnes2
I want Venom in this movie as a cliffhanger and him the main villain with lizard a 2nd main or side villain in number 4, but on sony's site it says black costume. It doesnt say anything about a symbiote. The black costume may have another use altogether.

samishe
Originally posted by spencerspider
Nothing is in his eye, quit looking you will waste time. Also, I know Raimi said Ock is alive, but will he bring him back? I think the only way he will is if he runs Sinister Six. Also, I think he should keep killing the villains, kill Venom, or Eddie, and have symbiote escape to keep the people thinking it might get on someone else. Then you have Ock you could do, and maybe, sry knightfall lol maybe carnage for way later. But anyway it is the symbiote so you will have to get over it if you don't like it.

Ock can't be alive coz this is stupid. At the end of SM2 he turned good again, so why bring him back?

miroku
i was like wow looks like he's sad about something

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>