RotS Mace and Rots Dooku vs. Rots Yoda and Rots Obi-Wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mace=badass
Setting: Geonosian Arena.

Three Rounds:

First Round: Force only.
Second Round: Lightsaber only.
Third Round:Anything goes.

Who wins?

Darth Traya
1) Dooku WTFpwns Kenobi in a second. Then Windu and Dooku team up on Yoda, which Yoda can't win. Dooku and Windu win.

2) Kenobi dies within a few seconds and Dooku has been able to stalemate Yoda, adding someone who is roughly on the same footing is overkill. Dooku and Windu win.

3) Kenobi dies within a few seconds. Then Mace and Dooku beat Yoda. Dooku and Windu win.

kamikz
I'm not sure but I think Kenobi would survive for longer than seconds against Dooku or Mace. When he faced Dooku he had to go the offensive with Anakin to work as a team, if he was only defending he would have been able to repel his attacks for a little while at least. (Since it is said that a master at Soresu is invinsible and Kenobi was the best master in the order at this). Though I doubt he could hold out longer than Yoda could take out either Dooku and Mace so I'll still give the fights to them.

In a force battle they could be more even, Dooku could not penetrate Yoda's defence even when Yoda wasen't even trying, if there were obstacles to lift then he could crush either Mace or Dooku. If 1 of them is out then they have lost. This match is pretty equal.

If Yoda could help Obi-Wan (like push Dooku or Mace away) or take 1 of the combatents out with the force (if there are obstacles, like Sidious tried to do with Yoda) then Yoda could have a chance. But in a pure fight I doubt he could win.

darthsith19
1. Dooku pwns Obi-Wan, Yoda pwns Mace, Yoda beats Dooku. Yoda and Obi-Wan win.

2. No Force, then Obi-Wan stands a chance against Dooku. Mace stil loses to Yoda then Yoda and Obi-Wan take out Dooku, if he's still alive.

3. Dooku beats kenobi before Yoda finishes with Mace and then mace and Dooku beat Yoda.

PurpleSaber
1. Yoda would win against either of them, however it would take longer than it would take Mace or Dooku to beat Obi-Wan. Dooku, and Mace win.

2. Mace or Dooku beat Obi-Wan. After Obi-Wan is killed, they gang up on Yoda.

3. Impossible to tell. The Darkside shrouds everything. (At least I think that's the line)

PurpleSaber
1. Yoda would win against either of them, however it would take longer than it would take Mace or Dooku to beat Obi-Wan. Dooku, and Mace win.

2. Mace or Dooku beat Obi-Wan. After Obi-Wan is killed, they gang up on Yoda.

3. Impossible to tell. The Darkside clouds everything. (At least I think that's the line)

Faunus
Originally posted by darthsith19
1. Dooku pwns Obi-Wan, Yoda pwns Mace, Yoda beats Dooku. Yoda and Obi-Wan win.

2. No Force, then Obi-Wan stands a chance against Dooku. Mace stil loses to Yoda then Yoda and Obi-Wan take out Dooku, if he's still alive.

3. Dooku beats kenobi before Yoda finishes with Mace and then mace and Dooku beat Yoda.

How does Yoda "pwn" Mace? Even worse, how does he "pwn" him as quickly as Dooku does Kenobi?

Wesker
The Power of Fanboyism. Mighty indeed, yes? Hm hm hm hm hmm!

darthsith19
Yoda pwns Mace in the Force only duel. He's league's above Mace with the Force. Mace is overall almost as strong as Yoda but to me Mace never even seemd close to Yoda with the Force.

Guy LeDouche
True dat.

Faunus
Originally posted by darthsith19
Yoda pwns Mace in the Force only duel. He's league's above Mace with the Force. Mace is overall almost as strong as Yoda but to me Mace never even seemd close to Yoda with the Force.

I doubt he's leagues above Mace in anything, darthsith. Windu does some amazing things with the Force in Shatterpoint, and is considered to be on par with Yoda. Not to mention that his shatterpoint perception ability implies an extremely strong connection to the Force; he could see shatterpoints as a child better than most Jedi Masters.

Guy LeDouche
Oh, I did not know that. I have only read the novels about the movies. I need to read more books about this.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Faunus
I doubt he's leagues above Mace in anything, darthsith. Windu does some amazing things with the Force in Shatterpoint, and is considered to be on par with Yoda. Not to mention that his shatterpoint perception ability implies an extremely strong connection to the Force; he could see shatterpoints as a child better than most Jedi Masters.
Shatterpoints arn't going to help him in a Force duel. Not much, anyway, when the person he's fighting is league's above him. remember in Shatterpoint when he was trying to save those kids from thevehicle they were in? And he said Yoda could have just used the Force to pick up the vehicle but that he wasn't strong enough to do that?

((The_Anomaly))
Yes, In Shatterpoint Mace admits a few times that he is not in the same league as Yoda.

As for this fight, this is a very difficult one to call. Kenobi is the weakest of the 4, but his Form III could help him stay alive for a bit, unless someone wants to force pWn him.

Yoda cant beat Dooku AND Mace at the same time, but he could beat either of them in a one on one.

Because of the weakness of Kenobi in comparison to the other 3 I'm going to have to give this one to Dooku and Mace. Kenobi couldn't beat either Mace or Dooku under any circumstances. Dooku and Mace couldn't beat Yoda (one on one). Unless Yoda could take out Dooku or Mace faster then Mace or Dooku killed Kenobi, then Mace and Dooku win.

DiamondBullets
no Kenobi is seriously underrated. Everyone thinks the man who maimed the Chosen One and survived the extermination would get "pwn3d" in a second..........thats just sad.

Guy LeDouche
Yeah.....

kamikz
Since when does being the chosen one mean you have to be powerful? Sure Anakin would have become really good, but at this state it was too early so beating him means shit. Anakin was nothing compared to these big guys and Obi is on par with Anakin, Obi is good, but not this good. You saw his fight with Dooku.
But since he was forced to go on the offensive against Dooku I think he would stand longer against them than he did before.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Kenobi couldn't beat either Mace or Dooku under any circumstances.

Dooku perhaps. I think Mace and Obi would be a good one. Mace is very aggresive, attacking with constant offensive barrages, he's also confident and arrogant. That would undermind his defence and allow the patient Obiwan to find an opening and capitalize.

Mace = Muay Thai

Obiwan = Aikido

docb77
Ok, so Obi-Wan lost to Dooku at the beginning of the movie, but he later beats the guy that pwned Dooku. that match sounds like a coin toss. and if all he were doing were waiting for yoda to finish mace his soresu mastery would give him the edge.

The no lightsabers in the first round would screw him though. The only guy we've seen able to stop force lightning without a lightsaber is Yoda. That means Obi's up agains Mace for the first round. I think force only he's the underdog in that one. However Yoda's shown more strength in just Force skills than anyone. He might be able to take both of them with Obi-one just running interference.

I give it to Yoda and Obi-wan on straight points based on the sith's arrogance and inability to cooperate. basically mace got screwed by being paired with a ball hog.

Faunus
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
Dooku perhaps. I think Mace and Obi would be a good one. Mace is very aggresive, attacking with constant offensive barrages, he's also confident and arrogant. That would undermind his defence and allow the patient Obiwan to find an opening and capitalize.

Mace = Muay Thai

Obiwan = Aikido

WTF? If anything, Mace is humble and methodical. You didn't see Mace get aggressive against Sidious until he found an opening. Then he pwned him. Where the hell is he shown to be confident and arrogant?

Again, Yoda's not "leagues" above him. Mace said that he was much less confident in his own raw power, which is something of a trend with him. Mace holds Yoda in the highest of esteem, and so puts him on a pedestal. Now, this isn't to say that Yoda isn't powerful, but he's not that much more powerful than Mace.

And you seem to be forgetting that after he stated that, he created and controlled a landslide. When one of the Balawai kids shot at him, he lost control for a moment, and was the forced to hold back the entire landslide to keep it from carrying the steamcrawler and the kids into the volcano. And this landslide was described as carrying hundreds of tons of rocks and debris. No, I'd say Mace could contend with Yoda in a Force duel quite well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.