Harry Potter in America!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HermWeasley
What do think of Harry Potter locating in U.S.A(Like new york)instead of Harry Potter in Europe? stick out tongue
Harry Potter was never British but black,white,or Hispanic? confused
Hogwarts being an American private wizardry and witchcraft school. (do u think they have Internet and televisionconfused)

Raven Guardia
well Europe has TV's and the Internet and Hogwarts does not rely on them.

nastyyy
It would be cool, but...

TheOnes2
America just creeps me out

The Phantom
Some America is jealous of Britain. I think its nice having a book that isn't located in America, because if it was, it would be like everything happens in America and shit. And why the hell New York? It would be a in a place more secreted. So.... I dunno... I wanted to make a joke but I can't think of a state.

grey fox
If it did relocate to America Hermione would get beaten up all the time , ron would be a crappy white rapper and harry would shoot voldemort instead of 'dueling' him

Rapscallion
Originally posted by grey fox
If it did relocate to America Hermione would get beaten up all the time , ron would be a crappy white rapper and harry would shoot voldemort instead of 'dueling' him

So they don't have guns in the UK?? What the f**k? I thought the reason Harry dueled Voledemort was because he was a wizard.

sammii
i think americas mint but if harry potter was made there it would be ruined and overpowered by american shit

The Phantom
Originally posted by sammii
i think americas mint but if harry potter was made there it would be ruined and overpowered by american shit Oh my god.... that mint thing is bugging the crap out of me! It sounds preppy and like a middle schooler! Gah!

sammii
sorry embarrasment sad

Draco69
Harry Potter would have gotten laid ages ago.
Ron Weasley would be a Linkin Park fan
Hermoine Granger would be a the Ivy-League bound b*tch.

And Voldemort would be MUCH more sinester.

Y'all are just jealous of America because we're richer than you! stick out tongue

sammii
probly true big grin

div
actually not!....uk does have guns....we just aint stupid enough to make them legal...

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by div
we just aint stupid enough to make them legal...

Or educated enough to teach your students proper grammar.

HermWeasley
Wow i didn't mean 2 have this America vs. england thing. argue
i was just wondering u know. i probably should have mention china instead.Or nothing at all.
pplz chill down.blushing
i didn't ask which was better u.s.a. or England.
and by the way it doesn't have 2 be in new york.i was just writing down whatever popped up.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Draco69

Y'all are just jealous of America because we're richer than you! stick out tongue

laughing

So true.

Lord_Saratn

What's wrong with Linkin Park?

tigress
it may be set in britain but its made by wb americain company unless Im mistaken what does it matter where as long as the books portrayed right saying that I love the films but what is it with them changing directors all the time they should have stuck with one throughout, Ive read many a fic where its supposed to be set in Britain but full to the brim of americanisms I read once that harry was making sloppy joes wtf is a sloppy joe, dun get me wrong I am in no way dissing the americans in any way but if your going to write it as if its in america why cant they just say in the opening it drives me mad, or they could do a little research at least, but it wouldnt have bothered me if jk had set it in the states at all its still a great series.Loved draco69's comment .

grey fox
Originally posted by tigress
it may be set in britain but its made by wb americain company unless Im mistaken what does it matter where as long as the books portrayed right saying that I love the films but what is it with them changing directors all the time they should have stuck with one throughout, Ive read many a fic where its supposed to be set in Britain but full to the brim of americanisms I read once that harry was making sloppy joes wtf is a sloppy joe, dun get me wrong I am in no way dissing the americans in any way but if your going to write it as if its in america why cant they just say in the opening it drives me mad, or they could do a little research at least, but it wouldnt have bothered me if jk had set it in the states at all its still a great series.Loved draco69's comment .

A sloppy joe is a hamburger saturated in gravy.

The Phantom
it may be set in britain but its made by wb americain company unless Im mistaken what does it matter where as long as the books portrayed right saying that I love the films but what is it with them changing directors all the time they should have stuck with one throughout, Ive read many a fic where its supposed to be set in Britain but full to the brim of americanisms I read once that harry was making sloppy joes wtf is a sloppy joe, dun get me wrong I am in no way dissing the americans in any way but if your going to write it as if its in america why cant they just say in the opening it drives me mad, or they could do a little research at least, but it wouldnt have bothered me if jk had set it in the states at all its still a great series.Loved draco69's comment . That thing was just a giant sentence. I wanna hear someone try and say that in one breath in real life.

Lord_Saratn
and what's wrong with linkin park? oO

The Phantom
Originally posted by Lord_Saratn
and what's wrong with linkin park? oO Nothing, stick to the subject at hand.

Lord_Saratn
it was brought in by whoever mentioned linkin park to begin with stick out tongue

tigress
lol now now no fighting 'grins' anywho I still think it wouldnt have made much difference where they were all from, peoples is peoples, plots are plots, still a wicked series

The Phantom
lol now now no fighting 'grins' anywho I still think it wouldnt have made much difference where they were all from, peoples is peoples, plots are plots, still a wicked series No, if its America... blah. Boring book.

TheSun
Bah, Scotland is easily much better than America - better people, scenery, education, you name it. Harry Potter would be rubbish in America.

Lord_Saratn
agreed

Emily_depp
If it was set in the US i doubt i would be on this fan forum

MistressofSnape
I always thought that since the magical world isn't only confined to Britain, wouldn't there be schools in America, too? So there should be at least one school for each state. The wizarding school in Florida should be located in Tampa. That's one location I've always thought would do the best in concealing it. In New York, maybe the northern part would be the best for it's survival.

The Phantom
Originally posted by MistressofSnape
I always thought that since the magical world isn't only confined to Britain, wouldn't there be schools in America, too? So there should be at least one school for each state. The wizarding school in Florida should be located in Tampa. That's one location I've always thought would do the best in concealing it. In New York, maybe the northern part would be the best for it's survival. Tampa? What's with the populated places!? Think, person!

ndfreak
im from the us and i think it would kill the book if it took place in the us
but ppl were talkin bout it bein located in ny city but then the majority population of the skool would be black insted of white and i cant imagine a book like harry potter goin black. just doesnt have the write style to it.
also england just seems to be the betta choice its more quite and controled in my opinion.

Joker1237
Vorment thinks he is all big and bad, but he is no were near as evil as villians from America lol.

hhhhr
Hermione Granger would be a the Ivy-League bound b*tch.

economically speaking uk money is much more powerful than us dollar. In addition, us dollar has gone down significantly after the launch of euro whereas UK's pound has been constant.
back to Harry,

Harry would have a skateboard a dog and a ferret,
Ron would have longer hair with many different shades of color
The word "dude" would be used a lot specially by Fred and George who would be high on pot most of the time.
Hermione would become a mad scientist and enter congress to save the environment .
confused

HermWeasley
Originally posted by hhhhr
economically speaking uk money is much more powerful than us dollar. In addition, us dollar has gone down significantly after the launch of euro whereas UK's pound has been constant.
back to Harry,

The word "dude" would be used a lot specially by Fred and George who would be high on pot most of the time.
Hermione would become a mad scientist and enter congress to save the environment .
confused

lol laughing

The Phantom
Originally posted by hhhhr
back to Harry,

confused A ferret? Where the hell do you get a ferret? And how would he get that stuf if his family hates him?

tinkerbell668
I dunno...I think that would be interesting. I mean not all U.S. people are that bad! It depends on the writer, the only thing that would change is the slang used in the book, but set in the right place *cant think of anything at the moment* there could be a Hogwarts. So Harry Potter could have been set in the US.

I always thought it would be hilarious for an American student to go to Hogwarts....yeah.

zombieman
Originally posted by TheSun
Bah, Scotland is easily much better than America - better people, scenery, education, you name it. Harry Potter would be rubbish in America. [/QUOTE

I'm sorry, but have you ever been to America? It is a VAST country and a land of great contrast. There are as many beautious places, fine eduction establishments and good people as there are in any other place in the world. You have just let the media shape your negative opinion of it.

andyb44
You know I think it shows a lack of cultural sensitivity on JK Rowling's part to NOT include american(note lower case)witches or wizards. The only reference she has in the 6 books published thus far is at the Quidditch World Cup. The Salem's Witches or something like that.
Where are the Native American(Indian) shamans and Medicine men and women? Are we to believe that the only people in the americas(North and South America)are european in origin?

Oh and if there were an american school, it would probably be located in the desert.
http://www.desertusa.com/ind1/du_peo_ana.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.