Hunter/Prey Doomsday vs. Zeus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Kal-El
This is on neutral ground. Doomsday as in Hunter/Prey. Who takes it?

olympian
Zeus.

The Ion
Zeus

Pepito
Zeus

Mider
it would take doomsday evolving a pretty long time to win this but zues would win for sure these first times. Reason i say this is cause gog wars doomsday battled gog who is suppose to be above or at least equal to a skyfather but since this is not gogwars doomsday yeah i guess zues wins but im not sure how he would destroy him since even the omega beams couldnt.

guy222
zeus

severance
zeus could cause him to cease to exist. How is he going to evolve from nothingness

guy222
still zeus

beast1234
zeus with his energy power can destory his atoms(subatomic particle) or like severance cease him to exist.

Enyalus
Like the Omega Beams can erase beings from existence?

H/P Doomsday wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Enyalus

H/P Doomsday wins. Who is the most powerful being that the omega effect has taken out?

Badabing
Zeus.

Enyalus
Originally posted by quanchi112
Who is the most powerful being that the omega effect has taken out?

The point is, that's what they're stated to have done. Who is the most powerful being Zeus has erased from existence?

quanchi112
The point is, that's what they're stated to have done. Who is the most powerful being Zeus has erased from existence? Not against someone as powerful as Zeus. Thats the point. Characters far less than Zeus have defeated darkseid in spite of his omega beams. Zeus for the win.

Enyalus
Not against someone as powerful as Zeus. Thats the point. Characters far less than Zeus have defeated darkseid in spite of his omega beams. Zeus for the win.

The above made no sense in regard to what I said. DD doesn't have the OE so he won't be effecting Zeus with it, anyway.

Priest

H/P Doomsday wins.
Superman..Nuff said

quanchi112
The above made no sense in regard to what I said. DD doesn't have the OE so he won't be effecting Zeus with it, anyway. DD has never beaten a character like Zeus. In hunter and prey he beat top tiers imo.

Enyalus
DD has never beaten a character like Zeus. In hunter and prey he beat top tiers imo.

Well, no. I agree (obviously). But he does literally beat Darkseid unconscious. And in H/P he's pretty much evolving on the fly. My question was when has Zeus ever made someone 'cease to exist'?

Colossus-Big C
Zeus

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1769754-incredible_hulks__621_023.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1769753-incredible_hulks__621_024.jpg

carver9
This is a mismatch. Zeus wins this in one panel like he did to Hulk.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by carver9
This is a mismatch. Zeus wins this in one panel like he did to Hulk.
Lol.

Zeus probably wins, but Hulk=/=H/P Doomsday.

SquallX
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Zeus

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1769754-incredible_hulks__621_023.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1769753-incredible_hulks__621_024.jpg

What that pic suppose ti prove. All it shows is Hulk getting the shit beat out of him. Unless you're implying Hulk=H/P Doomsday, and we know that pure bull.

Naija boy
Zeus dominates

Starscream M
Originally posted by Naija boy
Zeus dominates you're kidding, right? confused

Naija boy
^ Did u see some kind of ghost smiley in my post or something?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Naija boy
^ Did u see some kind of ghost smiley in my post or something? so, enlighten me...how would zeus dominate the indomitable? confused

KuRuPT Thanosi
Ummm by being significantly more powerful than DD maybe?

D-Block
HaSon love the sig!

Starscream M
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Ummm by being significantly more powerful than DD maybe? again, how does Zeus beat DD? explain pls

quanchi112
Originally posted by Starscream M
again, how does Zeus beat DD? explain pls The fact he operates at a power level DD hasn't ever been at.

Starscream M
The fact he operates at a power level DD hasn't ever been at. indicated by what exactly?

quanchi112
indicated by what exactly? Zeus' showings DD's history, jurgens actual statements on DD's power levels. Ya know everything.

-Pr-
Zeus' showings DD's history, jurgens actual statements on DD's power levels. Ya know everything.

Jurgen stating anything about DD only applies to the character when he wrote him, ie not anymore.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
Jurgen stating anything about DD only applies to the character when he wrote him, ie not anymore. This is hp doomsday. So how doesn't it apply to hp Doomsday ?

-Pr-
This is hp doomsday. So how doesn't it apply to hp Doomsday ?

Because I just want to be difficult.

What statements are you talking about anyway?

Starscream M
Zeus' showings DD's history, jurgens actual statements on DD's power levels. Ya know everything. give me actual examples, not some meaningless generalities

TricksterPriest
Doomsday already beat one skyfather, he can take another. Zeus might BFR him, but if he tried to go toes like he did with Hulk, it will backfire spectacularly.

quanchi112

What statements are you talking about anyway? The fact he was specifically asked about superman vs. dd in an all out battle. He stated superman at 95 percent power throwing caution to the wind kicking his boy scout attitude would have the power to kill DD.

give me actual examples, not some meaningless generalities I am. You can't say DD beats Galactus because he stomped people far lower than him. Zeus has never lost to anyone on this level and since the writer himself stated a being less powerful than superman can kill him then logically Zeus can do the same.

You failing to comprehend the point of hp only further compounds the issue. The point wasn't he was beyond death only conventional death. Killing dd wasn't enough they wanted to stop the process so that's why they took the approach they did. It wasn't the only way to kill him nor does the writer believe that.

-Pr-
The fact he was specifically asked about superman vs. dd in an all out battle. He stated superman at 95 percent power throwing caution to the wind kicking his boy scout attitude would have the power to kill DD.

that doesn't mean anything, tbh.

quanchi112
that doesn't mean anything, tbh. It's the writer establishing what powers are needed to beat DD in a straight up fight. Many fans have misinterpreted DD's formidability in that arc.

-Pr-
It's the writer establishing what powers are needed to beat DD in a straight up fight. Many fans have misinterpreted DD's formidability in that arc.

Yes, and in comics, a Superman using a lot of his power has beaten a Multiverse crushing Darkseid, Doomsday, Dominus, most of the JLA, and so on and so forth.

Saying "Superman trying would win" is like saying the sky is blue, and honestly has no bearing on this fight.

I actually think Zeus would probably win eventually (though DD would do better than Hulk), but you should use better examples to help your cause.

JakeTheBank
Zeus.

quanchi112
Yes, and in comics, a Superman using a lot of his power has beaten a Multiverse crushing Darkseid, Doomsday, Dominus, most of the JLA, and so on and so forth.

Saying "Superman trying would win" is like saying the sky is blue, and honestly has no bearing on this fight.

I actually think Zeus would probably win eventually (though DD would do better than Hulk), but you should use better examples to help your cause. Their were extenuating circumstances to each of these. For one Superman changed his thought process from what I remember to combat Dominus' reality altering powers which made it far different from him just having the raw power to beat him.

Superman singing Darkseid out of existence is also specific to the plot of fc. Darkseid's mere existence threw ne reality of whack so his not belonging made this feat possible I don't see Superman just singing anyone out of existence.

Not Superman trying to win but going all out throwing his moral code to the curb. If Superman has the raw power to do so then so does Zeus. Zeus has always been consistently far more powerful than Superman is consistently portrayed so I see no fault with my reasoning here.

It's also difficult to debate against one character whose appearances only count in one arc where fans claim over and over only entropy could kill him when that obviously wasn't the case in the writer's own mind.

-Pr-
Their were extenuating circumstances to each of these. For one Superman changed his thought process from what I remember to combat Dominus' reality altering powers which made it far different from him just having the raw power to beat him.

Superman singing Darkseid out of existence is also specific to the plot of fc. Darkseid's mere existence threw ne reality of whack so his not belonging made this feat possible I don't see Superman just singing anyone out of existence.

Not Superman trying to win but going all out throwing his moral code to the curb. If Superman has the raw power to do so then so does Zeus. Zeus has always been consistently far more powerful than Superman is consistently portrayed so I see no fault with my reasoning here.

It's also difficult to debate against one character whose appearances only count in one arc where fans claim over and over only entropy could kill him when that obviously wasn't the case in the writer's own mind.

That's a bit of a reach, tbh.

quanchi112
That's a bit of a reach, tbh. My entire post or what exactly ?

Prep-Man
Doomsday.

Nihilist
Zeus.

jinzin
Originally posted by Priest
Superman..Nuff said
Who while amped by a mother box got DE-STROYED by DD?
confused

jinzin

What statements are you talking about anyway?

he's talking about some nonsensical interview that Jurgens had which was in direct contradiction with what he wrote on panel, and in other intereviews and write ups for TPBs.

-Pr-
My entire post or what exactly ?

You trying to use the fact that Jurgens believed Superman could win as some sort of gateway to use ABC logic.

Originally posted by jinzin
he's talking about some nonsensical interview that Jurgens had which was in direct contradiction with what he wrote on panel, and in other intereviews and write ups for TPBs.

Ah.

Hyperion Prime
Straight up fist fight Doomsday wins!!!!

If Zeus is using his powers then Zeus wins this hands down.

iceman24567
In h2h Doomsday has a chance its a slim chance but he does better than Hulk and just about any other herald level brawler

quanchi112
Originally posted by jinzin
Who while amped by a mother box got DE-STROYED by DD?
confused Psychologically superman wasn't in his best state of mind for the fight.

You trying to use the fact that Jurgens believed Superman could win as some sort of gateway to use ABC logic.

Ah. Because it addressed what power is needed to kill DD once.

-Pr-
Psychologically superman wasn't in his best state of mind for the fight.

Because it addressed what power is needed to kill DD once.

It addressed a theoretical percentage of Superman's power that has never been shown on panel. It's not quantifiable.

We use H/P feats as the primary argument. Writer statements can be used as back-up for said argument, but not as the springboard for one.

It's not enough.

iceman24567
It addressed a theoretical percentage of Superman's power that has never been shown on panel. It's not quantifiable.

We use H/P feats as the primary argument. Writer statements can be used as back-up for said argument, but not as the springboard for one.

It's not enough. thumb up Some people dont understanf writers statements and opinions come second to what happens on panel

h1a8
Actually if this fights starts close then HP DD easily wins. Otherwise, Zues can just BFR him. Without BFR, DD wins regardless if the fight starts at battle distance or from close range.
This fact lies in that he can evolve on the fly to resist anything under universal level.

Here's one example of his awesome durability, without even having to evolve resistance to the attack.

Remember when Superman, with ALL OF HIS MIGHT, tried to destroy the missiles that were going to land in the HP comic and couldn't put a SCRATCH ON THEM? Well Darkseid's OE simply disintegrated them with ease (instant vapor). Yet DD took those same beams and still destroyed Darkseid.

quanchi112

It's not enough. Most of everything in comics isn't quantifiable my point was that a character more powerful than Superman should have the necessary power to kill DD once based upon jurgens statements about DD.

While DD was apparently above Darkseid he didn't show the power or formidability to beat someone of Zeus' caliber.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by h1a8
Actually if this fights starts close then HP DD easily wins. Otherwise, Zues can just BFR him. Without BFR, DD wins regardless if the fight starts at battle distance or from close range.
This fact lies in that he can evolve on the fly to resist anything under universal level.

Here's one example of his awesome durability, without even having to evolve resistance to the attack.

Remember when Superman, with ALL OF HIS MIGHT, tried to destroy the missiles that were going to land in the HP comic and couldn't put a SCRATCH ON THEM? Well Darkseid's OE simply disintegrated them with ease (instant vapor). Yet DD took those same beams and still destroyed Darkseid.

To add to your accurate post, the Omega Effect that Darkseid used on those missles came from him while weakened; Darkseid didnt regain his peak strength until later on against Henshaw...

In other words, a weakened version of the Omega Effect>>>>Superman's Power.

optic_blast!!!
i actually see doomsday beating zeus up and killing him i think he will just keep cumming at zeus until he reach him and then physically he will murder him

-Pr-
Most of everything in comics isn't quantifiable my point was that a character more powerful than Superman should have the necessary power to kill DD once based upon jurgens statements about DD.

While DD was apparently above Darkseid he didn't show the power or formidability to beat someone of Zeus' caliber.

Except that it's not admissable as proof.

quanchi112
Except that it's not admissable as proof. It all comes down to whether you feel Zeus is powerful enough and I think you agree with me anywho.

-Pr-
It all comes down to whether you feel Zeus is powerful enough and I think you agree with me anywho.

As much as it sickens me.

quanchi112
As much as it sickens me. You're team quan for the rest of 2011.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Zeus stomps.

-Pr-
You're team quan for the rest of 2011.

if i dont kill myself first.

or ban you.

quanchi112
if i dont kill myself first.

or ban you. Sometimes I really love your sense of humor.

-Pr-
Sometimes I really love your sense of humor.

Maybe when i display it, you'll have reason to.

quanchi112
Maybe when i display it, you'll have reason to. I feel our friendship is blossoming. Bada is probably jealous.

carver9
Maybe when i display it, you'll have reason to.

laughing

Come on Pr... you can't help but to love Quan. He brings entertainment to this place.

TricksterPriest
He is honestly the worst debator and worst poster on the vs board, bar none. He's worse than Goober by far. no expression

Black bolt z
Originally posted by carver9
laughing

Come on Pr... you can't help but to love Quan. He brings entertainment to this place. True.

leonidas
meh, i think were zeus in that book, dd would have taken him.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by leonidas
meh, i think were zeus in that book, dd would have taken him. Taken as in beaten or put up a fight?

Because HP DD is obviously better than hulk. But beatign zues...I don't see it.

leonidas
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Taken as in beaten or put up a fight?

Because HP DD is obviously better than hulk. But beatign zues...I don't see it.

thing is, the way dd was depicted in that arc, he wasn't losing, imo. i think zeus would certainly have put up a fight, but the plot wouldn't have allowed for him to lose to someone, even zeus, during that arc. it was kind of dd's shining moment. least imo.

psycho gundam
he even casually slaughtered captain save-a-company

Omega Vision
thing is, the way dd was depicted in that arc, he wasn't losing, imo. i think zeus would certainly have put up a fight, but the plot wouldn't have allowed for him to lose to someone, even zeus, during that arc. it was kind of dd's shining moment. least imo.
Yup.

The way Doomsday was portrayed in that arc put him pretty high. The Omega Beams put him down for a little bit but he got up and tore Darkseid up in a few blows. In the same story Darkseid's Omega Beams by contrast (and this is while weakened) hurt Superman without even hitting him directly, and when he had almost fully recovered he one-shotted Cyborg Superman.

iceman24567
thing is, the way dd was depicted in that arc, he wasn't losing, imo. i think zeus would certainly have put up a fight, but the plot wouldn't have allowed for him to lose to someone, even zeus, during that arc. it was kind of dd's shining moment. least imo. He was depicted as a beast but he never fought anybody Zeus level

leonidas
Originally posted by iceman24567
He was depicted as a beast but he never fought anybody Zeus level

true enough, which is why i'm saying it's just an opinion based on his depiction. i could show the avengers harming zeus in battle if i really wanted to make a case.... shifty

celeyhyga17
meh, i think were zeus in that book, dd would have taken him.

Yup in that arc..
Nope on avg...

BattleMage
Originally posted by SquallX
What that pic suppose ti prove. All it shows is Hulk getting the shit beat out of him. Unless you're implying Hulk=H/P Doomsday, and we know that pure bull. HP dd was based on the Hulk! Everyone knows this. DC would tell you the same kid.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
He is honestly the worst debator and worst poster on the vs board, bar none. He's worse than Goober by far. no expression Someone's still butthurt about him defending himself in your team thread I take it (which in turn caused your team to freak the shit out and shut your team down)?

Because Goober was an excellent poster

And Doomsday loses

h1a8
Without BFR I don't see Zues one shotting HP DD. And no one shot means he adapts, and he adapts means Zues is in trouble.

hateallmen
Bump

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by h1a8
Without BFR I don't see Zues one shotting HP DD. And no one shot means he adapts, and he adapts means Zues is in trouble. if zeus can do things like turn off peoples healing factors,i think he can put doomsday down for good

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.