Azrael: An Angel's journey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Knightfall93
OK... my little fanfic based on DC Comics vigilante Azrael. the disclaimer: I do not have authorisation from DC Comics and batman, Azrael and all realted characers aree property of DC Comics etc etc...
So, this story is about the Avenging angel Azrael, enjoy! Oh, and please PM all criticism/ praise/ moanings that I don't write regularly enough, I'm doing 2 storys and trying to get several RPs accepted...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROLOGUE
Jean paul was falling... falling... he heard the laughter... saw the manic face, the green vestments... LeHah, servant of the Demon lord biis... he shut his eyes, wind rushing past his face and the bullets tore through the kevlar bullet proofing of his vestments, the garb of Azrael, and he yelled out:
"FATHER!" He slammed into the cliff edge and smashed into the ocean!
Jean paul Valley sat up, gasping. Another dream... another nightmare... LeHah! But Paul was alive, though whether he should be was another matterly entirely. He HAD died, shot dead by the man who killed his father, the arms dealer turned psychopath Carleton LeHah. But there are ways of bringing the dead back... Superman died, felled by the gargantuan beast Doomsday... Green Arrow died... even Wonder Woman died... but they were now allive and well, as was Jean paul Valley.
Paul pulled a crumpled paper bag out from under his bed... a baseball, a baseball glove and a single photo, taken years earlier, of his father, Ludovic Valley, holding him up. It was his one memory of a realtionship with his father, who had been the assasin of the Order of St Dumas, a deadly cult, and had passe on the legacy of the Avenging angel azrael to Jean paul. Paul had killed for the Order... but with the help of Bruce Wayne, the man known as Batman, he had recovered.
But the sick programming of the Order had lead to his demise anyway... until the daughter of the genocidal immortal Ra's al Ghul, Talia Head, had resurrected him in the legendary Lazarys Pit. What her reasoning had been, paulk didn't know, but he knew his life would cost him one day.
He looked around the derelict warehouse, at his fellow homeless Gothamites, Legs the legless tramp, the former vigilante lonnie Machin, who once went by the name Anarky, and several others.
Suddenly, the last window shattered and something dark landed on paul's bed. It was a black metal throwing object, a Bat-a-rang. A note was stuck to it:
"Bring Machin. The warehouse roof. Now!"
Paul roose and walked over to Lonnie.
"Kid, we're needed elsewhere. It's urgent..."
Lonnie was exp0laining to the others about the ultimate last hope for humanity, about anarchy.
"You mean... winged rodent important?" Grinned lonnie.
"I do, pal," Sighed Paul, "C'mon. Catch ya later, Legs, guys!"
...................................................................................................

Knightfall93
i need comments to know if I should continue!!!

xeous
You kinda changed the tenses of the story a bit but keep going! We need more of the story to tell if you should continue or not! smile

Knightfall93
I changed he tenses because it was a dream... that's how most authors do it!

Knightfall93
This is the last bit of the intro filling in those who do not read comics.
............................................................................................
Two mainutes later, the two homeless x-vigilantes stood on the rooftop, looking around.
"Where is he?" Asked Machin.
"He's here... we just can't see him yet," Muttered paul.
"Well noticed, jean Paul," Came a gruff voice from behind them and the two homeless x- vigilantes turned to see the Batman standing tall behind them, cape billowing out in the breeze, "I need you two to do a job for me. The Joker's loose in Gotham so I can't leave but I need someone to investigate reports of a killer Cult of Biis in Switzerland... yes, Jean Paul, Biis, the false demon that Carlton LeHah worshipped, and the legendary foe of the Order of St Dumas!"
"St Dumas?" Queried Lonnie, "I take it this needs some explaining..."
"In the Middle Ages, a small group broke away from the Knights Templar, stealing their riches and lead by a man called Dumas. They invented a whole mythology around St Dumas, who wasn't even truly a saint, and his arch foe, the Demon Lord Biis. They looted villages, got incredibly rich... then they just vanished..."
"Vanished?" Asked Lonnie.
"They actually continued to exist but in top secrecy, lead by a corrupt priest named Brother Rollo, who Jean Paul may have killed... anyway,
they hads njeeded to keep all their secrets and very existance safe... and protect their members, so they created a kind of cop, an assasin, the Avenging Angel Azrael... humanly fertilised egg removed from a woman and she would be a killed, then they'd torture the test- tube baby, splicing its genes with animals, to create a killer. The father, the previous Azrael, would hypnotise the child from a young age... then wehen Azrael died, the son would be taken in by the Order to become the new azrael... and Jean Paul was of that line. He killed two other Azraels who replaced him after he fled but now... the Order is destroyed and I hope it stays that way. but if LeHah has a cult to Biis, then the Dumas problems can't be far away..."

xeous
I ment out of the dream. It went from past to present...It doesn't really matter, it's just one of those little things. It's tough to catch sometimes and sometimes an -ing word can be used in the past tense. You're doin' ok...

Knightfall93
Thanks... if you new about azrael etc you might appreciate it more, LOL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.