*-help-*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sammii
omg ive lately been doin this wierd thing i have to stand on every grid i walk past n if there lines on the floor i have to walk on the rifgt side of them and its not a habbit , if i miss one i,ll walk back just to stand on it it,s so annoyin

JacopeX
What the f**k?

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by sammii
omg ive lately been doin this wierd thing i have to stand on every grid i walk past n if there lines on the floor i have to walk on the rifgt side of them and its not a habbit , if i miss one i,ll walk back just to stand on it it,s so annoyin
It's called Obsessive Compulsiveness. I have it too, but in a different way. If I'm on linoleum (or any type of floor/ground) I have to take an even number of steps and if I change terrain (like from linoleum to carpet, etc), if I don't have an even number of steps I sometimes go back so I have an even number of steps. I'll also do it if I have a certain amount of steps on my heel, I'll have to make the other foot even on the heel. Wierd ay?

sammii
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
It's called Obsessive Compulsiveness. I have it too, but in a different way. If I'm on linoleum (or any type of floor/ground) I have to take an even number of steps and if I change terrain (like from linoleum to carpet, etc), if I don't have an even number of steps I sometimes go back so I have an even number of steps. I'll also do it if I have a certain amount of steps on my heel, I'll have to make the other foot even on the heel. Wierd ay?

its not wierd i find it quite annoyin tho is there any way to over come it

ILoveMyDaniel
its not wierd i find it quite annoyin tho is there any way to over come it
Medicine is the only form I could think of, really. But the thing is, OCD Medicine is for people who are REALLY REALLY Obsessive Compulsive, like..the OCD takes over their life. You and I just have a tiny bit of it. So, If you want to talk to your parents about it, you can.

sammii
oh i think ill be alright

ta ne way smile

ILoveMyDaniel
No problem.

Zebina
You can get over that. You don't need medicine. In extremely small cases of OCD like yours, the people usually grow out of it

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Zebina
You can get over that. You don't need medicine. In extremely small cases of OCD like yours, the people usually grow out of it
Somtimes they do, sometimes they don't. You're right on not needing anything (in most cases), but I have not grown out of it. I've had it since I was around.. 10 or so. I'm almost 17 now.

bloodboys2blueb
yeh i do stuff like walking on the right or using my right hand to spread butter

Lana
You can train your mind to not do stuff like that sometimes, but it's not anything that's a big deal.

I'm mildly OCD, there are certain things where I always HAVE to do them a certain way.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Lana
You can train your mind to not do stuff like that sometimes, but it's not anything that's a big deal.

I'm mildly OCD, there are certain things where I always HAVE to do them a certain way.
Yeah, it's not a big deal at all, really. Sometimes I even forget about it, such as last night when I was running around town with Daniel and my friends, I completely forgot about it. stick out tongue

Lana
Yeah, like with me, I always have to have things lined up a certain way...like for example, if I have a bunch of pencils on my desk, they've all got to be lined up with one end perfectly matching, or I'll sit there and fiddle with them until it's right. Same thing with papers, books, etc. They've also got to be so that their edges line up perfectly with the edge of the desk/shelf/table they're on. It's a bit annoying but not a big deal or anything. stick out tongue

ILoveMyDaniel
Ah, yeah I guess everyone have their own bits and pieces of Obsessive Behavior! I watched a program on OCD where this guy walked out of his apartment, and even though it was locked, had to walk back 7-10 times to touch the doorhandle and turn the knob. Now that's what I call a pain in the bum!

Stalker 360
i have to put all my disks and stuff in order if one is misplaced ill jump up and do it

Xirius
I used to do stuff like that, one day I was in a rush though and even though I really wanted to turn back and re-walk the entire kitchen floor, I had to leave.......and it just didnt bother me after that.

bloodboys2blueb
scary topic really

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by bloodboys2blueb
scary topic really
Not really. It's not like we can actually help the things that we do, or have done.

Stalker 360
its nice to see people the same

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Stalker 360
its nice to see people the same
Yeah, I agree. I thought I was the only one in the world that had THIS type of problem. I mean I know others have OCD but like, not the OCD with obsession over walking and stuff.

Stalker 360
i do it on my stairs i have to count them as i walk up

*lizziekk*
i do that as well..... also when i go out into town i can't step on the cracks in the pavement....

ILoveMyDaniel
Yeah I'll do that too! I don't have stairs at my house but if I go anywhere with stairs then I will count.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.