Watchmen casting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr.Fate
If they did make a Watchmen movie, ( or miniseries if i had my way) who would play the different characters. which actors could pull it off?

For the older comedian I wouldn't mind Ron Pearlman. Since the comedian has that huge scar then it would require make up and Pearlman is comfortable in make up also I think he could pull off the fun loving dark humored killer that is the comedian.

But thats just my opinion. Anyone else have actors for the parts?

VIDEODROME
I think I could see Brad Dourif as Rorshach.

roughrider
The thing about The Comedian is, we see him from the 1940's to the 80's. We need an actor in the inbetween age to convey his 20s and 60's. Perlman would have been a good idea, but it's probably past his time, for this role.
I've heard John Cusack mentioned for Nite Owl in the past - I like that idea.

Dr.Fate
Brad dourif is a little too pretty and he wouldn't look good with red hair but still he wouldn't be a terrible choice I just think they could find someone better.

John Cusack isn't too bad. Put some glasses on him and give him a little bit of a gut and it would work.

what about Ozymadians and Doc Manhattan or the Silk Spectre

Etrigan
Rorschach- Willem Dafoe.

It has to be. Just jam some ginger hair on him, and you've got your Walter Kovacs, personality and all.

Comedian- Robert De Niro. Travis Bickle in tights, as I heard somebody say once. It really suits him for the older Comedian.

As for the others, I don't know... John Cusack would be good for Nite Owl II.

Dr.Fate
Dafoe would be a good a Rorshach his voice would be just right if he talked in a montone and a seasoned actor like that could easily pull it off. But De Niro. I'm not too sure.

Dr.Fate
okay how about Dolph Lundgren as the Powerful Doc Manhattan not the young version they can get a different actor for that. But Dolph I think could pull it off put and he has the right build even though he's like 50. Just paint Drago from rocky blue and you got Doc Manhattan

roughrider
Time to resurrect this thread - shooting begins in a few months! Happy Dance

Can't think of all the actors for each role; so, off the top of my head:

Comedian - Bruce Willis
Rorshach - David Caruso
Nite Owl - John Cusack
Silk Spectre - Demi Moore
Ozymandias - Jude Law/Ewan McGregor
Dr. Manhattan - Daniel Craig
Sally Jupiter - Ann-Margaret

king leonidas
I agree with ron pearlman as the older comedian, but i think that there is only one man right for the role of rorshach.... paddy considine. i think he would be a vey good, maybe brilliant rorshach.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by roughrider

Comedian - Bruce Willis
Rorshach - David Caruso
Nite Owl - John Cusack
Ozymandias - Jude Law/Ewan McGregor
Dr. Manhattan - Daniel Craig

Don't agree with too many of those.

roughrider
Wiki is reporting Gerard Butler has signed on, reuniting him with his 300 director Zack Snyder. And, they are 'talking' to Ron Perlman.
If Perlman plays the Comedian, who would Butler play?

Lucid Lui
Do i remember hearing Tom Cruise's name in relation to Ozymandias recently?

If so, this'll probably be one of the few times i'll outright condemn something before i've seen it.

Help

Comedian - Bruce Willis ~WRONG
Rorshach - David Caruso ~WRONG
Nite Owl - John Cusack
Ozymandias - Jude Law/Ewan McGregor ~WRONG
Dr. Manhattan - Daniel Craig ~WRONG

Originally posted by Lucid Lui

If so, this'll probably be one of the few times i'll outright condemn something before i've seen it.

They can't let him.He's just too small and scientologian.

grey fox
Dr Manhatten needs to be pure CGI , no amount of Blue paint will work.

roughrider
Wait - if Ron Perlman plays the Comedian, Gerard Butler would have to be -

Dr. Manhattan! Of course. The man is in great shape, especially coming off 300.

Supreme being
Wait - if Ron Perlman plays the Comedian, Gerard Butler would have to be -

Dr. Manhattan! Of course. The man is in great shape, especially coming off 300.

What about his accent, and i didn't know shooting had been confirmed is this accurate?

MatthewDwight
I don't have anything specific yet but these are ideas...

Molina (Doc Ock) as Nite Owl II.

Michael Keaton, Ed Harris, and that guy who played Sandman could be in it. George Clooney can get in and make up for past sins. Having old comic book movie/tv actors playing roles would be a good pun on what the story is about, aging super-heroes.

The people who worked on 'A History of Violence', like the director and actors, would be great for this film.

I think the film should take inspiration mainly from 'History of Violence' & Batman. Maybe a little from Superman & Ninja Turtles as well.

MatthewDwight
Originally posted by Lucid Lui

Ozymandias is a crazy man, and so is Cruise. This isn't really a problem. Just make sure he pronounces Ozymandias right.

shksprtx
Comedian - Mickey Rourke
Rorshach - William H. Macy (or Robin Williams, considering some of the serious work he's done lately)
Nite Owl - Alfred Molina
Silk Spectre - Demi Moore (can't complain too much about that one)
Ozymandias - Kenneth Branagh or Ralph Fiennes
Dr. Manhattan - CGI, voiced by ??????
Sally Jupiter - not sure...

roughrider
Originally posted by MatthewDwight
I don't have anything specific yet but these are ideas...

Molina (Doc Ock) as Nite Owl II.

Michael Keaton, Ed Harris, and that guy who played Sandman could be in it. George Clooney can get in and make up for past sins. Having old comic book movie/tv actors playing roles would be a good pun on what the story is about, aging super-heroes.

The people who worked on 'A History of Violence', like the director and actors, would be great for this film.

I think the film should take inspiration mainly from 'History of Violence' & Batman. Maybe a little from Superman & Ninja Turtles as well.

The guy who is going to direct is Zack Snyder, from 300. Screenwriter is Alex Tse. Gerard Butler has signed on. They have reserved space at Pinewood Studios for shooting to start in late summer. It's a go.

Dr.Fate
Robin Williams eh? He could do it but they would never cast him, too much money to get him to do it and also people wouldn't be able to get past the fact it was Robbie on screen. He's kind of type cast

roughrider
O-K, we've had a spot of good news this week. Keanu Reeves was offered the part of Dr. Manhattan messed
- and turned it down.
And to that I say, THANK YOU GOD. Happy Dance

The other named cast is shaping up, in a curious way.

Gerard Butler - Rorsharch
Patrick Wilson - Nite Owl
Jude Law - Ozymandias

Gerard Butler should be playing Dr. Manhattan, in my opinion. There are a lot of crazy method actors who could play Rorsharch.
Jude Law as Ozymandias? Bullseye!

roughrider
It looks like Jackie Earl Haley has been cast as Rorsharch. Coming off his recent Oscar-nominated work in Little Chlidren (as a former child molestor), his career is turning around in a big way. With a curly red wig, he can certainly do Walter Kovacs.
And it seems they have settled on Billy Crudup to play Dr. Manhattan.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Watchmen was a great Graphic Novel. With all the recent rumors about who is being cast. This should shape up to be a good film. Hopefully they'll come up with a very good story to tell.

celestialdemon
According to AICN, this is the official cast:

Jackie Earle Haley as Rorschach
Patrick Wilson as Dan/Owl
Billy Crudup as Dr. Manahttan
Jeffrey Dean Morgan as The Comedian
Stephen McHattie as Hollis
Malin Akerman as Laurie

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by celestialdemon
According to AICN, this is the official cast:

Jackie Earle Haley as Rorschach
Patrick Wilson as Dan/Owl
Billy Crudup as Dr. Manahttan
Jeffrey Dean Morgan as The Comedian
Stephen McHattie as Hollis
Malin Akerman as Laurie

This is an eclectic and interesting cast.

roughrider
I just don't want to hear the Rorsharch fans moaning, about how they should have cast this guy or that guy...Jackie Earl Haley can do it.

DoomsdayClock
The rumor now is Gerard Butler might be playing the castaway in the "Black Freighter" pirate subplot that appears in the graphic novel. There's complete cast info on my site if you want to check it out.

DoomsdayClock
BTW....new Watchmen movie forum at watchmencomicmovie.com/forum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.