Thing vs. Storm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
Can Thing take out Storm? I think he had a good chance if he is resistant to lightning which is her best attack. Storm can fly but she relies on the wind to fly so I think a good thunderclap from Thing would bring her to the ground.

Darth Kal-El
How about she creates a tornado? It's bound to do something....

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
How about she creates a tornado? It's bound to do something.... Thing is pretty strong. If he has something to hold onto he won't budge. But if he does not then I guess that might work.

GODSCRIBE
Storm has lifted a building before with her powers. She has lifted Blob, Pyro and Avalanche at the same time with her winds. She would put him in a vortex and catapult him into New Jersey.

grey fox
It would go like this

1-Storm takes to the air

2- thing picks up a rock

3- She tries to summon a tornado but it takes ages to actually get violent enough to throw him anywhere (it would at least take her five minutes to get a decent sized one ready)

4- Thing throws the rock so hard it ether kills her or knocks her unconscious

thing wins

snoopdogg
Has Thing ever been struck by lightning before? I cannot recall a time. Storm might be able to take him out with some lightining also.

I know Colossus can handle Storms lightning but Thing I'm not so sure.

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Has Thing ever been struck by lightning before? I cannot recall a time. Storm might be able to take him out with some lightining also.

I know Colossus can handle Storms lightning but Thing I'm not so sure. has thor ever tried frying Ben with his mjolnir's lightning?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
has thor ever tried frying Ben with his mjolnir's lightning? I don't know. But if he did I'm sure Thors lightning is alot more potent than Storms.

Wynndar
One time Doom shocked Thing with some unconceivable amount of electricity and it eventually KO'd him...I think it was something like 50,000 mega volts... He gets electrocuted all the time but I've never seen lightning stop him. Regardless, I bloodlusting Thing would smash her with an escape velocity fastball or a thunderclap.

Tshern
In one of the first stories of Fantastic Four Thing was fighting Namor on a beach and when Thing was winning a lightning hit him turning him back to Ben Grimm. Then Namor simply knocked him out.

Draco69
Must of have been some plot device.

My god! ALL THIS TIME, ALL it took was a simple lightening bolt to turn the Thing back to normal!

Reed should be ashamed! no

Tshern
Well, it was made in the 1960's...

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Tshern
Well, it was made in the 1960's...

Whirly was 50 then.

ExtraMision5555
thing might have some trouble reaching storm

stormfront13
storm, she had him crying out in pain in marvel nemesis(which was canon) and she was only playing with him.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by grey fox

3- She tries to summon a tornado but it takes ages to actually get violent enough to throw him anywhere (it would at least take her five minutes to get a decent sized one ready)

WTF are u going about? confused

Please read some X-men comics

venomunleashed
If thing is able to keep storm grounded & can constantly keep bashing her, thing wins hands down. No doubt that is how it would happen anyway.

xmarksthespot
Storm, cos Thing is uggs... and really what else matters?

OMNIKINETIC
ALL STORM HAS TO DO IS FLY...HOW WOULD THE THING REACH HER?...
HE WOULDNT BE ABLE TO...AND IF HE WAS TO THROW SOMETHING IM SURE SHE'D SEE IT AND A THUNDERCLAP WOULDNT DO ANYTHING TO HER...

GalacticStorm
Thunderclaps not good against the mistress of the elements!!!! no

Wynndar
Thunderclap is good against anyone with human durability

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Wynndar
Thunderclap is good against anyone with human durability

Happy Dance

stormfront13
no it's not, not when you have the powers to counter it

samishe
I say Thing, it would take him one punch to kill storm. So if he attacks fast he won.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by stormfront13
no it's not, not when you have the powers to counter it

But she doesn't have the speed to react at it in time (unless they are really far away, and I suppose they start close in this match). Any tornado she would make would be dissipated far before she could concetrate on the thunderclap. It does move with the speed of sound...

stormfront13
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
But she doesn't have the speed to react at it in time (unless they are really far away, and I suppose they start close in this match). Any tornado she would make would be dissipated far before she could concetrate on the thunderclap. It does move with the speed of sound...

and a thunderclap is basically just pressurized air coming at you very fast. when storm controls pressurized air it's kind of hard to hit her with it. it'd be like attacking electro with electricity, or ice-man with ice.

DarkCrawler
She doesn't control all air in the area. Only the air she is controlling on the moment. She still has to force her control over it. When the air moves at her 340 meters per second, she hardly has time to concetrate on fast moving thunderclap. Especially if she is concetrating on a hurricane on the same time.

stormfront13
She doesn't control all air in the area. Only the air she is controlling on the moment. She still has to force her control over it. When the air moves at her 340 meters per second, she hardly has time to concetrate on fast moving thunderclap. Especially if she is concentrating on a hurricane on the same time.

she's concentrating on a hurricane? who said that, i didn't. either way it only takes 1 lightning bolt to heavily distract and hurt the thing. and she basically already beat him in the marvel:nemesis arc. and about the whole thunderclap thing, yeah she can control all the air in the entire area, and when the pressurized air comes, she can immediately stop it. also, wouldn't her powers make her resistant to this type of attack?

DarkCrawler
I'm not saying that she can't beat Thing, but how does she stop the thunderclap effect when by the time that she realizes it's coming, it has already hit her. And I think that her weather effects are stopped if she doesn't concetrate on them...

And her powers don't protect her from the effects of pressurized air hitting her...it would be physical damage, wouldn't it?

stormfront13
I'm not saying that she can't beat Thing, but how does she stop the thunderclap effect when by the time that she realizes it's coming, it has already hit her. And I think that her weather effects are stopped if she doesn't concetrate on them...

things body language displays a thunderclap coming, she can sense it coming immediately, and take control of it. and the only reason that her weather affects stop is if she is knocked unconscious, or she wills them to stop.

well considering that pressurized air is part of everyday weather, then i'd say she is resistant.

DarkCrawler
So is hail, but if someone threw a hailstone at her, it wouldn't hurt her? huh

stormfront13
So is hail, but if someone threw a hailstone at her, it wouldn't hurt her? huh

might not, but the difference between wind pressure and hail is that hail is a projectile, and wind really isn't, it'd be like throwing a rock at her. also storm deals with wind pressure all the time when flying, so that's anther reason as to why it probably wouldn't work.

DarkCrawler
But not with wind pressure of this scale, this speed and which appears about instantly.

Scoobless
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
Whirly was 50 then.

LMAO.... laughing out loud..... funny cos it's true

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.