The Star Forge Army and the Suncrusher vs The Imperial's with a Deathstar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

w00t2112
Ok, an older army, with its 2 flagships (Star forge and Suncrusher) superior to Imperial flagship (Death Star), against the newer army of the Imperials with a outmatched flagship.

IKC
... The Suncrusher is a starfighter, and it's virually indestructible. They win due to that fact alone, but a Death Star blast takes out the Star Forge before the Sun Crusher can blow up the nearest star.

Fishy
Originally posted by IKC
... The Suncrusher is a starfighter, and it's virually indestructible. They win due to that fact alone, but a Death Star blast takes out the Star Forge before the Sun Crusher can blow up the nearest star.

No, you don't hate Kotor or anything related to Kotor at all...

How the hell will it blow up something that it can't find...

ESB - 1138
How would they find the Death Star? The only way the rebels did was because Palpatine allowed them to.

Fishy
The death star is going to draw a bit more publicity then the Star Forge...

and the death star is a hell of a lot slower then most ships, it would be easier to find it. For example after it blew up Alderaan it would have to use a hyperspace route to go somewhere else. These routes are all known and you can estimate where it went after that. All you have to do is find a planet it destroyed pretty quickly after it destroed it and then follow the possibly hyperspace routes from there on to find out where its going. See it call in back up and destroy it.

And thats not really important is it, if IKC is right about the sun crusher it will just destroy any place with an imperial fleet and take out the imperial navy like that... The Death Star would either be running or hunting, and in either case its screwed if its running well its a slow thing it won't work if its hunting for the Star Forge army's then its screwed because it won't find the Star Forge and it draws attention.

docb77
Why is the suncrusher with Revan? it was a prototype that was created after the Deathstar. Remember the Jedi Academy trilogy with Kyp Durron going around all "Wow, Exar Kun rules!!"

Fishy
Originally posted by docb77
Why is the suncrusher with Revan? it was a prototype that was created after the Deathstar. Remember the Jedi Academy trilogy with Kyp Durron going around all "Wow, Exar Kun rules!!"

Because the Imperial Navy would destroy him and his fleets easily if they didn't have some kind of super weapon that rules all.

ESB - 1138
The Death Star still has an entire galaxy to stay in plus it would take some time to figure out which planet it destroyed if any. It could be around the forest moon of Endor still in secret. Remember the rebels didn't even know about the creation of the second Death Star until Palpatine allowed them to figure it out.

Fishy
Okay, but then there would still be an army looking for it..

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by Fishy
Okay, but then there would still be an army looking for it..

And the Imperial Star Destroyers and their fleet is just floating around? In KoToR, did the Republic army spend all their time looking for the Star Forge...no, because they had fighters and cruisers and soldiers attacking them just like the Imperial army would be doing.

Fishy
Originally posted by ESB - 1138
And the Imperial Star Destroyers and their fleet is just floating around? In KoToR, did the Republic army spend all their time looking for the Star Forge...no, because they had fighters and cruisers and soldiers attacking them just like the Imperial army would be doing.

The Imperial navy would be destroyed by the sun crusher, look if that weapon is as poweful as claimed and I wouldn't know then there is just no way the Star forge and its army will lose... Althuogh the price would be incredible...

ESB - 1138
So a planet destroying weapon wouldn't phase the suncrusher?

Fishy
I don't know... I have no idea what the suncrusher is, how big how powerful how fast, how long it would take to fire... All of that stuff...

IKC
Because the first post led me to assume they were all on the same battlefield already.

It's a starfighter-sized craft. It shoots torpedoes into stars that make them go supernova. It's covered in virtually-impenetrable armor.

The likelihood of a Superlaser blast hitting that thing is astronomically low.

Captain REX
IKC is right there.

w00t2112
So if a Suncrusher shot a torpedo into the Death Star whats the likely result?

IKC
The likely result is nothing would happen. The torpedoes are supposed to trigger supernovas, I'm not sure they blow anything up.

Darth_Glentract
Yeah, nothing would happen. The torpedos don't actually have any real destructive power against anything except a star.

The Imperials would still win. The SF Army is very weak next to the GE, so weak that the Imperials could defeat them with less then 10% of their forces. The Suncrusher can actually be damaged by turbolaser blast, even if only by a very little amount. The Imperials would lose several ISD in the process, but they would take the Suncrusher down.

Fishy
How exactky? I mean if that weapon is really as powerful there would be a Jedi flying it, the greatest pilot they had..

That Jedi would need to fly into the star shoot and get the hell out of there... Could the Imperial Navy do something to stop it? Besides I doubt that if this weapon is used the Imperial Navy would keep on fighting, if Coruscant was destroyed Kuat shipyards, things like that.. The imperial Navy would eventually juts have to say they can't win, and that the casualty's were to great.

If this was a fight to the end, then the entire galaxy would likely be destroyed in the process.

Tangible God
The Sun Crusher only ever had what, seven shots? Since woot didn't mention unlimited ammo, we can assume that in the course it would take for the the NON-Imperial scientists to figure out how to reproduce the Sun Crusher's torpedoes, that the GE would wipe out the SF's armies.

If Palpatine willed it, I bet he could hide a top secret, ultra classifed Death Star from the masses, as well as it's locations. I mean Jeez, he somehow managed to smuggle the Lusankya, a huge mother f*ckin' Star Destroyer, BELOW the highly populated city streets of Coruscant. I'm sure he could hide something which is floating in the expanse of space.

Even if the Sun Crusher were to take out key systems, there are still ALOT of Imperial worlds left that could kick up manufacturing. And since we know that the Star Forge would be a b*tch to move as it doesn't have any recorded Hyperdrive, sooner or later the Imperial Intelligence Network is going to work out it's location. And "later" is going to be alot sooner than it would take to make more Sun Crusher torpedoes.

w00t2112
Look if you add Sith to the Factor, i'll add some too, placing Ragnos and Kun into the Star Forge Army is likely to turn the war in their favour, ie Ragnos's Scepter sucking the force from the humans amongst the Imperial Fleet.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by w00t2112
Look if you add Sith to the Factor, i'll add some too, placing Ragnos and Kun into the Star Forge Army is likely to turn the war in their favour, ie Ragnos's Scepter sucking the force from the humans amongst the Imperial Fleet.

Is there any proof that Ragnos has the ability to do that? And the idea that Ragnos and Kun will alone be able to turn the tide of this war against the Galatic Empire is one of the less intelligent ones I've heard recently.

Blaxican_Jedi
The sun crusher woukdl win. the deat star would take out the starforge. but if the Sun Crusher could fly through an Imperial Star destryer's bridge and not even get scratched, than im sure it can probbaly just fly right through the death star.

zephiel7
Remember that the Star Forge can produce an unlimited supply of ships, whereas the imperial army is limited. Wouldn't the star forge/sun fleet just overwhelm the imperials over time?

Fishy
No, the Imperial fleet has far superior tech... And could still produce ships at a pretty fast rate.

Kaithen
The imperial stormtrooper wearing heavy armor, equipment as grenades and high tech weapons, they are clones of jango fett.

The old republic pwns the star forge with some ships and 3 jedis.... DUH

Dont forget the death star, it would blow the shit out of the star forge in some seconds

Blaxican_Jedi
Starforge would be the first to go. Then the suncrusher would fly right through the death strars hull, effectivly killing it.

Fishy
Originally posted by Kaithen
The imperial stormtrooper wearing heavy armor, equipment as grenades and high tech weapons, they are clones of jango fett.

The old republic pwns the star forge with some ships and 3 jedis.... DUH

Dont forget the death star, it would blow the shit out of the star forge in some seconds

The Imperial stormtroopers do not heavy armor, and they aren't clones of Jango either. And three Jedi? One of those was Revan, the most powerful Jedi of that time and another was using battle meditation to help either the republic or the Sith fleet..

zephiel7
Originally posted by Blaxican_Jedi
Starforge would be the first to go. Then the suncrusher would fly right through the death strars hull, effectivly killing it.

Roflmao. That's pretty funny!

Tangible God
Unless it received a full blast from the Death Star's reactor, then I think that the Star Forge COULD just rip holes right through it. Not to mention the fact that, if it knows where the Death Star IS then it could also take out the system.

Blaxican_Jedi
ya know somehow I dont think the death star would hurt much if the sun exploded...what does the death star need the sun for?

w00t2112
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Is there any proof that Ragnos has the ability to do that? And the idea that Ragnos and Kun will alone be able to turn the tide of this war against the Galatic Empire is one of the less intelligent ones I've heard recently.

Despite that DE Sidious who was far inferior to either Ragnos and Kun, could summon a Force Storm ( common technique ) to rip up a Republic Fleet, means that Ragnos likely to conjure up something even more impressive, or, ragnos does a Naga Sadow and creates an Illusion of a Sith Armada effectively confusing the Galatic Empire, as well, Kun was able to freeze thousands of people, in a potential like this Ragnos/ Kun most likely will replicate the Feat effectively immobilising the Imperial Fleet. Remember if they are all Jango Fett's, then i suppose its fair to add the Mandalorian Army to the Star Forge Army.

Tangible God
Originally posted by w00t2112
Despite that DE Sidious who was far inferior to either Ragnos and Kun, could summon a Force Storm ( common technique ) to rip up a Republic Fleet, means that Ragnos likely to conjure up something even more impressive, or, ragnos does a Naga Sadow and creates an Illusion of a Sith Armada effectively confusing the Galatic Empire, as well, Kun was able to freeze thousands of people, in a potential like this Ragnos/ Kun most likely will replicate the Feat effectively immobilising the Imperial Fleet. Remember if they are all Jango Fett's, then i suppose its fair to add the Mandalorian Army to the Star Forge Army. Yeah that'd be fair. (Rolls eyes) And by the time of ROTJ, most of the stormtroopers in the GE were regular recruits.

And I doubt that DE Palpatine was too inferior to Kun. And Force Storms are common? How often were they used?

And I know this ain't my thread, but adding the most powerful Force users in history to the mix will tip the balance of any battle. And since both the SF armies and the GE are affiliated with the Sith, adding Sith to one side but not the other is very unfair.

truejedi
Originally posted by ESB - 1138
So a planet destroying weapon wouldn't phase the suncrusher?
Nope, in the book where kyp steals the suncrusher, he drives it straight through another death star, shields and all. The book refers to it as "invincible" that means any battles involviing it will automatically be determined by who controls it.

ESB - 1138
That sounds unfair

w00t2112
Originally posted by Tangible God
Yeah that'd be fair. (Rolls eyes) And by the time of ROTJ, most of the stormtroopers in the GE were regular recruits.

And I doubt that DE Palpatine was too inferior to Kun. And Force Storms are common? How often were they used?

And I know this ain't my thread, but adding the most powerful Force users in history to the mix will tip the balance of any battle. And since both the SF armies and the GE are affiliated with the Sith, adding Sith to one side but not the other is very unfair.

Ok, add Revan and Exar Kun to the Star Forge Side and add DE Sidious and Darth Vader to the GE Side.

Superior techonolgy is countered by Superior Superweapons

Sheer numbers is countered by pure skill.

The Force Storm technique can be used by anyone, thats just saying that because Ragnos never demonstrated a force push it means he cant? however the scale and and the power of difference Force Storms varies, and considering Kun was superior to DE Sidious, it is likely he can conjure up a massive force storm, but consider that if the writer's wrote that, it'll be a mere copy from the DE book, hence they thought of different feats.

Tangible God
I don't doubt that the Ancients didn't have the power to, but there's been no suppotive evidence to say that they actually COULD.

Vader (Suit-Vader I'm assuming) would do diddily squat against the others. Though he'd still provide an asset.

DE Palpatine's Force Storm would utterly ravage the SF fleet, and since, as said above, no other Sith has been proven to perform, much less counter, the Force Storm, it would be safe to assume that Palpatine would pull off a few of those babies before Revan and Kun could figure out how to block it. And I think I'm being a little generous there.

And true, if you have the upper tech., then the weight of numbers is balanced a bit. But you're forgetting just how BIG the Empire was. Tens of 1000's of Star Destroyers, the Executors, literally countless other craft, likely billions of men and recruits. Combine that with their heavily superior tech. and the SF's are screwed.

The only hope that even Revan and Kun would have, is to keep the Star Forge secret to the utmost degree. And I don't know whether you're counting the Star Forge shield or not, but if you are, then the SF ain't going anywhere, and eventually, that shields comin' down. If you're not counting it, then it still needs to be hidden and placed on a sun reliable anough to support its demands. And also in a location where the men needed to man the ships, wouldn't attract attention due to their sudden absence.

The only true hope is the Sun Crusher. The Sith will get seven shots from it, (but even that won't destroy the Empire's forces) then they'll be forced to either replicate (a lengthy researching process ) the torpedoes, or steal their blueprints from the unknown Maw. And since it IS an Imp. weapon, they'll likely be able to find away around it's quantam armor.

In conclusion, the Imps would be on a run for their money with the Sun Crusher, but ultimately, I see the SF losing in the end.

Darth_Glentract
Ok, add Revan and Exar Kun to the Star Forge Side and add DE Sidious and Darth Vader to the GE Side.

Revan deosn't do much. He's really not powerful enough to do much of anything. Revan does have great tactical ability, his only real use in this situation other then his battle meditation. Thrawn is a much better tactician then Revan and could easily defeat Revan even if Thrawn didn't have far superior ships and far more numerous ships then Revan. Revan also have battle meditation, but it's nothing next to Sidious, who was able to use battle meditation on at least 100 ISD and a SSD at the same time. There are rumors that point to Sidious being able to use battle meditation on the entire Imperial Star Fleet at the same time. That's right, all 25,000,000+ ships.

Exar doesn't do a ton for the SF side either. He could potentially freeze the crew memebers of a few ISD's, but his ship would get blown apart in the mean time by other Imperial Ships.

Vader, he doesn't mean much.

DE Sidious is the only one who has shown the ability to use the force storm ability that can destroy capital ships. No one else has demonstrated knowledge of this technique. DE Sidious destroys whatever enemy ships get near him.

The Empire also has Joruus out on Wayland. Joruus is capable of taking control of several Leviathan-class ships at the same time with his force powers. That's right, unlike Exar or Ragnos he can take control of the ships rather then just freeze them. In a fleet of, say ten SF style ships Joruus could take control of half of them and have the ships that he's taken attack the rest of the SF sides' ships. The SF ships are pwned.

I'm assuming that the SF side still has Ragnos. Let's say that he has double the mind control power of Exar, which is generous to say the least. That means he could freeze the crew members of about 40 ISD's while his ships hammer away. Pretty impressive.

Superior techonolgy is countered by Superior Superweapons

What are you talking about? The GE has FAR, FAR, FAR better superweapons. Not only is there the Deathstar, but the Imperial Navy also has a Sun Crusher of it's own, the Galaxy Gun, mutiple World Devastators, the Tarkin, the two half finished Death Star's in Orbit over Coruscant, four Soverign-class Star Destroyers almost finished(each one can render a planet uninhabitable in a single shot), two Eclipse Star Destroyers(each one can render a planet uninhabtable in a single shot), mutiple Night Cloaks, the ability to cloak ships, and a cloning facilty capable of turning out 20,000 fully trained, battle ready clones every three weaks. That several times faster then even Kamino.

By the way, the Imperials have shipyards capable of producing ships many, many, many times faster then the Star Forge. The Star Forge is WEAK next to the Imperial war machine in production capability.

The Force Storm technique can be used by anyone, thats just saying that because Ragnos never demonstrated a force push it means he cant? however the scale and and the power of difference Force Storms varies, and considering Kun was superior to DE Sidious, it is likely he can conjure up a massive force storm, but consider that if the writer's wrote that, it'll be a mere copy from the DE book, hence they thought of different feats.

Horrible logic, woot. The force storm ability that Sidious used has NEVER been replicated by ANYONE. Force push has. What Revan was using in KOTOR was NOT the same force storm abilty that Sidious used, Revan's was merely Sith lightning.

And incase anyone hasn't heard, the Sun Crusher is far from indestructible. If it tries to ram the Death Star or even an ISD it will get caught in the hull of the ship that it is ramming and be stuck, out of the fight. Also, turbolasers from an ISD are able to damage it slightly. Furthermore, once the rest of the SF side is destroyed it will have no where to refuel or restock. Within a week or two it will run out of fuel, life support, and blaster gas. At that time it is no longer working and the SF side has lost.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.