Odan Urr vs Freedon Nadd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
Takes place on Tatooine.

IKC
Freedon Nadd's power is difficult to quantify, but I'm pretty sure he'd take Odan. Odan's no slouch, given his experience in the Great Hyperspace War, however.

Give it to Nadd, though.

tdtd
Nadd.

Illustrious
Errr? Nadd should take this with similar difficulty to Kun at worst. He's instakilled before.

IKC
Originally posted by Illustrious
Errr? Nadd should take this with similar difficulty to Kun at worst. He's instakilled before.

Indeed. Why the hell was I qualifying it?

Nadd takes it.

zephiel7
Odan was very old by the time Exar killed him...

What if we are talking about the same Odan who fought against the armies of Naga Sadow?

tdtd
Odan was more of a scholar than a fighter though so it wouldn't be a fair fight.

Fishy
Indeed, Odan didn't really like fighting. He did do it, but he didn't like it. He isn't a great fighter at all, he's a great scholar. He build Osus that was his dream, thats what he does.

Nadd would probably take him out relatively easy...

Faunus
That doesn't mean he wasn't powerful.

Fishy
No he could have been powerful compared to others, but he couldn't have been great. He may have had the talent, but if he didn't have the wish to expand on it and become great with it, well then its simply not going to be enough.

That and the fact that Kun tooled him and Nadd from what we know is very powerful perhaps even more powerful then Kun is... Well I wouldn't give Odan much of a chance.

zephiel7
Your right guy with storm trooper as avatar. I just read the tales of the sith + fall of the sith empire, and I wanted to know how Odan Urr ranks up with all the Jedi. Could he defeat Yoda? How about Windu? Even Revan?

tdtd
No. Odan Urr is a scholar and his knowledge might rank above any other Jedi/Sith but he isn't a fighter, nor does he want to fight.

zephiel7
Ah, thank you ttdd. Odan seemed like a likeable Jedi anyways, since he is THE Jedi *dork/geek* ("I prefer to read history instead of make it" wink )

tdtd
His premonitions found the ancient sith empire so he is a very powerful jedi master.. Just a pussy.

IKC
Jesus...

Is there any special reason you people have seen fit to degrade Odan-Urr?

And that doesn't mean shit. Nothing in the narration says he died of old age. On-panel evidence shows he was perfectly capable of fighting Kun (or, at least, trying to fight him. Kun was too strong).

http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/1685/kunpwnsodan1uh.th.jpg

Bullshit. Shown here is proof he fought in the Hyperspace war beyond the events portrayed in FotSE:

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/2249/odancombat17ay.th.jpg
http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/7098/odancombat24gp.th.jpg

He has personal combat experience against the ancient Sith, became proficient in blocking them from the Force, and helped the rest of the Jedi and Republic "hunt the Sith into extinction."

He is not a "pussy." Just because he doesn't like to fight doesn't mean he can't. To say that is ridiculous. Do you think Yoda liked to fight?

Nadd will take him down, but I'm not going to let that mudslinging crap go by unanswered. Odan's a damned powerful Jedi.

Darth_Glentract
You know, there are advantages to being a scholar. For one, Odan would have a greater knowledge of force powers because he has studied it so much. His lightsaber skill might be lacking, but all that time meditating and stuff would certainly help him.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by tdtd
Nadd.

Fishy
Originally posted by IKC
Jesus...

Is there any special reason you people have seen fit to degrade Odan-Urr?

And that doesn't mean shit. Nothing in the narration says he died of old age. On-panel evidence shows he was perfectly capable of fighting Kun (or, at least, trying to fight him. Kun was too strong).

http://img303.imageshack.us/img303/1685/kunpwnsodan1uh.th.jpg

Bullshit. Shown here is proof he fought in the Hyperspace war beyond the events portrayed in FotSE:

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/2249/odancombat17ay.th.jpg
http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/7098/odancombat24gp.th.jpg

He has personal combat experience against the ancient Sith, became proficient in blocking them from the Force, and helped the rest of the Jedi and Republic "hunt the Sith into extinction."

He is not a "pussy." Just because he doesn't like to fight doesn't mean he can't. To say that is ridiculous. Do you think Yoda liked to fight?

Nadd will take him down, but I'm not going to let that mudslinging crap go by unanswered. Odan's a damned powerful Jedi.

All very nice, but the Sith its most powerful people were alraedy destroyed after Sadow returned, Kressh died. Many Dark Lords were killed immediately by there Massassi friends... The other Sith are never even expanded upon, he's not weak he isn't great either. There is no reason to assume that he became really powerful, his force techniques however are good, probably.. And he would probably be able to stand up even to the greatest with force powers, but he's a Jedi... Thats not going to make him kill people.

Brotz
Actually, based on Odan-Urr's personal code, he's quite willing to kill people and more importantly, to die himself. Thus, he might have a better chance against Freedon Nadd than most Jedi, however, he will also eventually fall.

zephiel7
Would he be able to rank up with Vodo.

Fishy
I'd actually put him above Vodo, in lightsaber and definitly in force abilities... But thats primarily because Vodo is a huge unknown, we just know he's old fought with a stick and trained people for a few hundred years. Odan at least fought in a war, created Osus gathered more knowledge then most people could ever even hope to learn, probably studied a lot of it, and if anybody leads the Jedi Order of that time it would be him, he is at least there most respected member.

Jedi Mom
odan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.