Boba Fett and Jango Fett Vs Mutant Rancor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Commander K
Boba and Jango has all of their equipments. Boba and Jango has the terrain advantage, but can they still beat the Rancor?

Illustrious
Not a chance.

Captain REX
WHAT terrain advantage?

Council#13
yeah. if it is a open field, perhaps they can blow it up with a rocket or two (in the head). and if they have all their equipment, does that include ships?

IKC
Originally posted by Captain REX
WHAT terrain advantage?

...Yeah, be specific. The best terrain advantage I can think of is with them in outer space, in their respective Slave Is, with the rancor floating in the vacuum. Rancor dies of asphyxiation.

Illustrious
Originally posted by IKC
...Yeah, be specific. The best terrain advantage I can think of is with them in outer space, in their respective Slave Is, with the rancor floating in the vacuum. Rancor dies of asphyxiation.

zOMG, he dies because of no air pressure!

IKC
Or extreme cold. Whichever. That's the best way Jango and Boba could win.

Illustrious
On land and shipless? They have a shot at winning if they decide to pester him constantly from 1000 meters away, he may eventually get so pissed off he asplodes.

Otherwise, if they are within breathing range from the Mutated Rancor, they're dead.

Commander K
IM SO SORRY! I just forgot to mention this takes place in MUSTAFAR.

Fishy
Boba and Jango start flying over Lava, Rancor being the idiot that it is walks towards them steps in it and dies.

MC Spartan
...then there jetpacks lose their juice and they fall into the lava and die as well...

IKC
Originally posted by Fishy
Boba and Jango start flying over Lava, Rancor being the idiot that it is walks towards them steps in it and dies.

Probably the most likely scenario.

Arker
Is there any proof lava can kill a mutant Rancor? Those things are damn persistant.

Illustrious
Originally posted by Arker
Is there any proof lava can kill a mutant Rancor? Those things are damn persistant.

Certainly not immediately. I'd imagine after being immersed in it for a while, even that thing would die.

Darth_Glentract
The lava or the toxic gases would get to it eventually. If Jango and Boba kept hitting it with their guns, it would probably die after a while. It's armor isn't impervious and it really can't attack them, as they can probably run faster then it(judging on how fast the ROTJ Rancor moved.

Arker
Well as far as I've seen, they can only fly so high with their jetpacks. The toxic breath could probably reach them.

Council#13
No, I agree with Fishy. Also, the ground on Mustafar might be too unstable and there might not be enough manuverability for the rancor. From what we saw in the movie, the ground is very pebbly and will fall apart easily.

willman
if luke could beat it then those two certainly can.

Brotz
There's little solid, or for that matter, flat ground for the Mutant Rancor to walk on. The Mutant Rancor would definitely die if it fell into lava, because I doubt it could get out. Thus, Boba Fett and Jango Fett win by default unless they get stupid (not using their jetpacks) and the Mutant Rancor gets lucky (being able to get at the Fetts, I don't know how easily the Rancor can move through the facility, if at all).

Council#13
Thats pretty much what I said yes

PurpleSaber
Originally posted by willman
if luke could beat it then those two certainly can.
This is a "mutant rancor" the one in the movie was just a normal one. There is a big difference.

Illustrious
Originally posted by PurpleSaber
This is a "mutant rancor" the one in the movie was just a normal one. There is a big difference.

The one in the movie also wasn't as big as they could get.

IKC
You sure about that? The one in the movie, at far as I recall, was described as unusually large.

Arker
That one was small compared to the real Rancors.

IKC
Huh. It's been awhile since I read much material with rancors in it.

Arker
I recently watched the Luke vs Rancor seen, and Luke was about half the size of that Rancor. I don't know, maybe it was normal sized.

IKC
Er, what? He fit in the rancor's hand pretty easily. He was bite-sized, man! He wasn't half the size of it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.