Fave old school Final Fantasy villain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
Just wondering what everyone's fave villain from Final Fantasy I-VII was. Before the series got too cinematic and easy.

IcePunk
Kafka or Kefka

"I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate you"

Darth Jello
i thought about chaos, but the emperor is just so deliciously evil. especially in dawn of souls

ESB - 1138
Kefka. I love his laugh.

Darth Jello
i'm waiting to play VI until it comes out on GBA. is Kefka's body count as high as the emperor's? I mean final fantasy II is definitely the darkest game i the series and by the end of it, he's literally wiped out all but like, 25 people in the world.

Darth Jello
i guess i'm more into dark and threatening villains like emp, and chaos. and possibly x-death

ESB - 1138
Kefka turned the entire planet from a peaceful world to the dark world. He overthrew an Empire and became the grand emperor himself and Kefka was a terrible threat to the human world and magic world. FF3 (6 in Japan) is a dark game.

BackFire
Kefka is my favorite video game villain of all time. He's just so hateable, there's so much tension between him and the heroes by the end of the game.

Darth Jello
but did kefka destroy nearly every village and kill every person on the planet?
I mean you see the magnetude in the soul of rebirth when you reach the heavenly village of machenon and realize that nearly every NPC you met in the game is dead.

Furthermore, the emperor took control of both heaven and hell and was only stopped because the heroes of rebirth wouldn't forgive him

BackFire
Kefka had taken over the world, he was ruling it when you fight him. He had the power to destroy every village, but didn't because he just wanted control.

Besides, the ways they made the player hate Kefka was through ways far superior to simply destroying stuff. It was done through personal conflicts and pains caused to each and every central character in the game.

He killed Cyans family, was responsible for the death of Locke's love, took control of Terra and used her as a puppet to do his horrible deeds, and so fourth. The taking over the world was just icing on the cake of villainy.

Darth Jello
play FFII on dawn of souls

BackFire
I've played FFII on the Super Nintendo, is it drastically different?

Darth Jello
it's a different game FFII for the super nintendo is FFIV. just like FFIII is FFVI.

It's got a weird row and level up system unique to the series and a very dark story line (darker on the GBA)

Oh, and even tho the games aren't really interconnected (aside from the soul of chaos dungeons in dawn of souls), it's hinted at that Ricard from FFII is the father of Kain from FFIV

Darth Jello
alright review-
Final Fantasy-released on the nes and badly translated. better translation released as part of final fantasy origins and dawn of souls
Final Fantasy II-originally unreleased in the US. first released on origins and dawn of souls
Final Fantasy III-never released in the US, will soon be released on the DS
Final Fantasy IV-badly translated and released as Final Fantasy II. later released as IV on GBA and several playstation compilations
Final Fantasy V-originally unreleased, released for the PSone and soon to be released on the GBA
Final Fantasy VI-badly translated and released as Final Fantasy III in the US. later retranslated and rereleased on the PSone and soon GBA

BackFire
Yeah, I know all of that, I know the numbering system and all that.

Also, I've read above that you haven't played FFVI?

Let me say, you're really in for a treat. Recognized by many as the best FF game of all time. Also recognized by most who have played most of the games in the series as having the best music.

Also, where did you hear that FF6 is coming out for Game boy? I can't find a release date for it.

Darth Jello
FFV advance and FFVI advance along with FFIIIDS will be released this year. FFIV advance was released in december all have a bunch of bonuses and a similar "framework" to FFI+II dawn of souls plus enhanced music, graphics, secrets, and gameplay.

MadMel
uhuh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.