Genis Vell vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Decay
say future captain marvel with alot of experience and full control of all his powers vs superman.

grey fox
Supes, heat vision , lightspeed flight and much much more.....

bench261
can't genis manipulate all form of energy? plus cosmic powers can amp up his strength...and is sun powered like superman. teleportation and not to mention cosmic blasts + cosmic awareness = superman loses

leonheartmm
supes is gonna be slaughtered before he even has a chance to think.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by grey fox
Supes, heat vision , lightspeed flight and much much more.....

Genis, Power Cosmic, Warpspeed flight and much much more.

Pepito
Genis Vell. He can drain Superman's solar energy

The Ion
Genis

Not that draining solar energy would work but he can do a ton of other crap.

leonheartmm
if he could drain sentry's solar energy he sure as hell cam drain supe's solar energy.

marvelprince
Plus he is a freakin omnipath. He can drain Supes solar energy, fill him with red sun energy or even 'port him to another dimension/universe if things get too tough

The Ion
Originally posted by leonheartmm
if he could drain sentry's solar energy he sure as hell cam drain supe's solar energy.
He drained Sentry and Sentry kept re-absorbing. That's the same thing Superman would do. Only reason Sentry was on the ground at the end was because the teleportation from the microverse to the normal universe is disorienting. That was made clear from the dialogue.

marvelprince
Originally posted by The Ion
He drained Sentry and Sentry kept re-absorbing. That's the same thing Superman would do. Only reason Sentry was on the ground at the end was because the teleportation from the microverse to the normal universe is disorienting. That was made clear from the dialogue.

But thats Sentry's power, he has control of light energy so he just made his body absorb more. Superman is more of a battery, the energy that he's come in contact with is absorbed but he can't control it like Sentry. As such, even though he does absorb solar energy very quickly, he's nothing like Sentry when it comes to it. Genis would drain him before he got a chance to reabsorb

grey fox
How can genis do all this while being speedblitzed hmm ?

marvelprince
Because is just as fast if not faster, he can also teleport. Plus his cosmic awareness will ensure that he will always know what Supes is doing, so no sneak attacks

The Ion
Originally posted by marvelprince
But thats Sentry's power, he has control of light energy so he just made his body absorb more. Superman is more of a battery, the energy that he's come in contact with is absorbed but he can't control it like Sentry. As such, even though he does absorb solar energy very quickly, he's nothing like Sentry when it comes to it. Genis would drain him before he got a chance to reabsorb
How do we know what Sentry is like? What we do know is Superman has never been defeated by solar draining and it's been tried numerous times. Hypothetical power levels be damned.

bench261
Originally posted by grey fox
How can genis do all this while being speedblitzed hmm ?

if a person can speedblitz i would assume they can see things in "normal speed" while doin so. and since genis can move fast/faster than supes....he would have the reflexes to see it coming at him..almost like speed is being cancelled

marvelprince
How do we know what Sentry is like? What we do know is Superman has never been defeated by solar draining and it's been tried numerous times. Hypothetical power levels be damned.

Well, thats basically whats happened in the Thunderbolts issue you bought up, so its not a guess. It canon. Plus Superman has been drained before, but not by Genis. Not by someone who already is essentially his equal, plus with even more abilties and is adept at energy absorption. Plus Genis has the ability to shunt infinite amounts of energy. Supes puts up a struggle but goes down

Sir Whirlysplat

Agreed!

Juntai
But thats Sentry's power, he has control of light energy so he just made his body absorb more. Superman is more of a battery, the energy that he's come in contact with is absorbed but he can't control it like Sentry. As such, even though he does absorb solar energy very quickly, he's nothing like Sentry when it comes to it. Genis would drain him before he got a chance to reabsorb Actually, Superman drains more or less solar energy, amping himself, based on how stressed he is.

Juntai
Originally posted by bench261
if a person can speedblitz i would assume they can see things in "normal speed" while doin so. and since genis can move fast/faster than supes....he would have the reflexes to see it coming at him..almost like speed is being cancelled He can move faster than Superman? Lets see it. Superman moves lightspeed multiples.

The Ion
Well, thats basically whats happened in the Thunderbolts issue you bought up, so its not a guess. It canon. Plus Superman has been drained before, but not by Genis. Not by someone who already is essentially his equal, plus with even more abilties and is adept at energy absorption. Plus Genis has the ability to shunt infinite amounts of energy. Supes puts up a struggle but goes down
No thats not what happened. There's no evidence that Sentry was beaten because all his energy had been drained by Genis. Your interpretation isn't canon and neither is mine for that matter.

marvelprince
Originally posted by Juntai
He can move faster than Superman? Lets see it. Superman moves lightspeed multiples.

Superman moves at lightspeed multiples? As in several times faster than lightspeed? Do you have any scans at that? Genis has been documented to move at warp speeds, plus he has the teleportation ability. With his teleportation coupled with his cosmic awareness he doesn't really need to be fast at all do he?

marvelprince
No thats not what happened. There's no evidence that Sentry was beaten because all his energy had been drained by Genis. Your interpretation isn't canon and neither is mine for that matter.

I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't too clear on that. All I meant to point out was that Genis has been shown to shunt infinite amounts of energy and that Sentry has been shown, due to his control over light, able to absorb infinite amounts of energy. Not saying thats why anyone won or lost

doctorstrongbad
Genis Vell would take out Superman. Superman is good, real good but Genis Vell is better.

Juntai
Superman moves at lightspeed multiples? As in several times faster than lightspeed? Do you have any scans at that? Genis has been documented to move at warp speeds, plus he has the teleportation ability. With his teleportation coupled with his cosmic awareness he doesn't really need to be fast at all do he? Saturn to Earth, is nearly 10 times the distance from Sun to Earth .

Sun to Earth takes light 8 minutes and handful of seconds.

Superman moved Earth to Saturn and single shotted a moon, in 'approximately 4 minutes' ...which is half the time it takes light to go 93 million miles from Sun to Earth. Meaning he was moving between 15-20 times lightspeed. Give or take a little.

In Sacrifice, while under Max Lords power and fighting against Wonder Woman, he moved from Earth to the sun and back, in under 2 minutes. A little over 16 times lightspeed. [Max was timing the fight, and a bit after they made it back, he said "1 minute and 58 seconds from start to finish..."

Now its your turn to show.
big grin

marvelprince
Oh right I do remember those. Thanx. I don't have any feats to demonstrate Genis' speed so I guess i'll have to concede the speed to Superman. But I don't think it'll help him much in this fight though

The Ion
I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't too clear on that. All I meant to point out was that Genis has been shown to shunt infinite amounts of energy and that Sentry has been shown, due to his control over light, able to absorb infinite amounts of energy. Not saying thats why anyone won or lost
My bad. I misunderstood your post. sad

Sir Whirlysplat
Genis had to teleport Sentry away, it was a ring out. Sentry was about to cut lose with his full power so Genis took that as his cue for battlefield removal.

Juntai
Oh right I do remember those. Thanx. I don't have any feats to demonstrate Genis' speed so I guess i'll have to concede the speed to Superman. But I don't think it'll help him much in this fight though Could Genis survive what happened there? A 15x plus lightspeed one shot a moon- punch?

Conceeding Superman's vast speed difference, and given that's how he wins a lot of his fights, pretty much proves Supes with gather some wins in a straight up confrontation.

marvelprince
My bad. I misunderstood your post. sad

Lol, np. It happens.

And here is a Genis speed feat. Shows how with his control of time and space he is able to transcend physical speed. That is warp speed, bending time and space itself to move.

http://img315.imageshack.us/my.php?image=captainmarveliv04p156sw.jpg

marvelprince
Could Genis survive what happened there? A 15x plus lightspeed one shot a moon- punch?

Conceeding Superman's vast speed difference, and given that's how he wins a lot of his fights, pretty much proves Supes with gather some wins in a straight up confrontation.

He may not survive something like that, but given his warp speed and cosmic awareness good thing he doesn't have to worry about that

Juntai
He may not survive something like that, but given his warp speed and cosmic awareness good thing he doesn't have to worry about that Eh, that scan didn't show anything but a group of people hypothesising. No static information.

Superman bends time/space too.

marvelprince
Those people weren't just hypothezing. They were aware of the extent of Genis's powers and were simply wondering whether or not he had the capacity to use them to their extent. This is already established canon on how he moves.

And for Superman to bend space/time requires him to accelerate to that point. Warp speed is under Genis' power, like heat vision is for Superman. Can Superman attain warp speed. No doubt, but he has to build up to that speed since its not within the normal scope of his abilites. Genis starts off at warp speed, and since this is not a race but a fight I doubt Superman will get the opportunity to reach warp speed

Juntai
Those people weren't just hypothezing. They were aware of the extent of Genis's powers and were simply wondering whether or not he had the capacity to use them to their extent. This is already established canon on how he moves.

And for Superman to bend space/time requires him to accelerate to that point. Warp speed is under Genis' power, like heat vision is for Superman. Can Superman attain warp speed. No doubt, but he has to build up to that speed since its not within the normal scope of his abilites. Genis starts off at warp speed, and since this is not a race but a fight I doubt Superman will get the opportunity to reach warp speed It's near instant for Superman to reach such speeds. That's how he can make it to the sun and back WHILE FIGHTING, in under two minutes. Wonder Woman, who's fast enough to go blow for blow with speedforcers was unable to react to Superman's initial blitz.

And it MAY be canon that that's how he travels, but that was just people hypothesising if he could do it or not and doesn't prove much of anything. In your first sentence, you denied that, then in the following agreed with it. It also doesn't prove to any extent how fast he travels in that mode.

I'm not saying Superman will gather every win, Genis is just too versatile for him. One miscalculation however, and it's lights out.

marvelprince
It's near instant for Superman to reach such speeds. That's how he can make it to the sun and back WHILE FIGHTING, in under two minutes. Wonder Woman, who's fast enough to go blow for blow with speedforcers was unable to react to Superman's initial blitz.

And it MAY be canon that that's how he travels, but that was just people hypothesising if he could do it or not and doesn't prove much of anything. In your first sentence, you denied that, then in the following agreed with it. It also doesn't prove to any extent how fast he travels in that mode.

I'm not saying Superman will gather every win, Genis is just too versatile for him. One miscalculation however, and it's lights out.

In my sentence I said responding to your claim that they were simply hypothezing about the extent of his powers. I refuted that claim with my first sentence and then went on to explain that they were speculating, but as to whether or not he could use his powers in the way described. There was no doubt to the Shi'ar that Genis had the capability to do what they described, they were speculating as to whether or not thats what he would do. Hope I made it clear that time.

Agree with basically everything you said. This is by means an easy fight for Genis and if he slips up its over

snoopdogg

And for Superman to bend space/time requires him to accelerate to that point. Warp speed is under Genis' power, like heat vision is for Superman. Can Superman attain warp speed. No doubt, but he has to build up to that speed since its not within the normal scope of his abilites. Genis starts off at warp speed, and since this is not a race but a fight I doubt Superman will get the opportunity to reach warp speed Here is a clearer pic of Supes hitting warp speed.

It didn't take him long at all to do it.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/SupesWarpin.jpg

GODSCRIBE
He can move faster than Superman? Lets see it. Superman moves lightspeed multiples.

Huh? Genis has gone back and forth through time.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
Huh? Genis has gone back and forth through time. With his speed or teleporting?

Sir Whirlysplat
Been Donesmile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=367708&highlight=Genis+Superman

soleran30
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Been Donesmile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=367708&highlight=Genis+Superman

LOL so what that one is outdated it needed rehashing with new minds and fresh outlook with new appearances stick out tongue

The Ion
Originally posted by snoopdogg
With his speed or teleporting?
Just part of his powers. He can open holes in space and time.

http://img419.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newthunderbolts018page086zx.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newthunderbolts018page096tk.jpg

GODSCRIBE
Photon can release enough energy to destroy existence itself.
http://img359.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newthunderbolts018page199eo.jpg

Or he could simply drain the solar energy from Superman.

snoopdogg
Photon can release enough energy to destroy existence itself.
http://img359.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newthunderbolts018page199eo.jpg

Or he could simply drain the solar energy from Superman.
Ah the infamous "or he could just drain solar energy from Superman".

That's a tactic that has never worked.

GODSCRIBE
What about the he is powerful enough to bring an end to all that is argument?

snoopdogg
What about the he is powerful enough to bring an end to all that is argument? That may work.

Genis might win but it won't be via solar drainage.

GODSCRIBE
And on the physical side he can go toe to toe with Drax without augmentation. Supes should be no problem.

snoopdogg
And on the physical side he can go toe to toe with Drax without augmentation. Supes should be no problem. But the dials go to 11 in DC.

Ask Thor. shifty

GODSCRIBE
But the dials go to 11 in DC.

Ask Thor. shifty

Thor is far weaker than Drax.

The Ion
I'm glad you've been viewing the feats I posted GS. yes stick out tongue

Juntai
Thor is far weaker than Drax. He's far weaker than Superman too apperently, given even using his weakness, still couldn't defeat him.

GODSCRIBE
I'm glad you've been viewing the feats I posted GS. yes stick out tongue

I have those issues, but great thread nonetheless

thumb up

GODSCRIBE
He's far weaker than Superman too apperently, given even using his weakness, still couldn't defeat him.

Superman never overpowered him in h2h combat. Drax would throw Thor around like a play thing.

Sir Whirlysplat
Sure have seen drax go through a planet like a hot knife through butter no

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Sure have seen drax go through a planet like a hot knife through butter no

Who's to say he can't?

Him and Thanos merely hitting eachother shattered a planet.

Juntai
Superman never overpowered him in h2h combat. Drax would throw Thor around like a play thing. Superman beat Thor, and did it with a punch...?
That's not overpowering?

lol.

snoopdogg
I wonder what DC has in store for Superman. He has big changes coming up very soon.

Geoff Johns will bring him back to his glory.

GODSCRIBE
Superman beat Thor, and did it with a punch...?
That's not overpowering?

lol.

He didnt take him out with the first punch did he? No, they had been fighting for a while...And Superman said it himself that Thor was the toughest opponent hed ever faced. Genis would make light work of the likes of Thor. People with Thanos and Drax strength dont even break a sweat handling Thor.

Juntai
He didnt take him out with the first punch did he? No, they had been fighting for a while...And Superman said it himself that Thor was the toughest opponent hed ever faced. Genis would make light work of the likes of Thor. People with Thanos and Drax strength dont even break a sweat handling Thor. Superman says that about Batman too, and pretty everyone he fights, lol. That can't be taken at value when Doomsday killed him. And no it wasn't the first punch, it was the first SERIOUS punch. It was when he decided to end it.

Pepito
Drax without power gem was beaten by Thanos who has been beaten by Thor. With power gem, though, Drax is one of thestrongest non-cosmics.

GODSCRIBE
And no it wasn't the first punch, it was the first SERIOUS punch.

.....lol

well back to the topic. Genis is just too powerful for Superman. Like I said he can go toe to toe with the likes of Drax. He is an omniversal telepath, can teleport, manipulate energy, has cosmic awareness so hed anticipate any of supes moves etc etc..it goes on and on. Manipulate the area around Supes..manipulate supes himself. theres just too much going for him to lose to characters like superman.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Pepito
Drax without power gem was beaten by Thanos who has been beaten by Thor. With power gem, though, Drax is one of thestrongest non-cosmics.

Thor beating Thanos is bull when Thanos has taken Thor and Thing at the same time with no trouble. Thanos/Hulk/Champion are the 3 strongest non-cosmics.

Sixth_Winged
It's a clone...isn't it a common knowledge nowadays? akin to Darkseid's avatars.

Pepito
Darkseid has more clones than Maelstrom

GODSCRIBE
Thanos clone..

leonidas
Thor beating Thanos is bull when Thanos has taken Thor and Thing at the same time with no trouble. Thanos/Hulk/Champion are the 3 strongest non-cosmics.

and yet hercules has gone toe-to-toe with drax. drax couldn't put away prof hulk, and thor has battled for hours against mindless, savage hulk . . .

GODSCRIBE
thats drax without the gem kiddo. thanos went against drax WITH the gem.

Juntai
thats drax without the gem kiddo. thanos went against drax WITH the gem. And in Thanos Quest, While battling Champion Thanos told us how battling Hulk was "a conflict I've sought to avoid". Giving doubt in his abilities to beat in in a strictly hand to hand melee.

GODSCRIBE
And in Thanos Quest, While battling Champion Thanos told us how battling Hulk was "a conflict I've sought to avoid". Giving doubt in his abilities to beat in in a strictly hand to hand melee.

you can interpret that in a number of ways really. thanos is easily strong enough to go h2h with Hulk. thanos likes winning the easy way....he tends to avoid physical confrontation even though he is more than capable of it.

GODSCRIBE
why would he want to fight champion or hulk, when he could easily out-wit them. like he did to champion

GODSCRIBE
but i digress...

Genis still beats Superman fairly easily.

Juntai
but i digress...

Genis still beats Superman fairly easily. Yeah I already said its in his powers to do so, but one slip battling Supes and its lights out.

The Ion
Yeah I already said its in his powers to do so, but one slip battling Supes and its lights out.
That pretty much goes for anyone. thumb up

*waits for someone to totally misintepret that and make a Supes Vs Spectre thread* roll eyes (sarcastic)

"Id"
snip- sorry for the necro, wrong topic.

Nietzschean
this is a horrible slaughter for superman. :/

it's like a fight between a match and an ocean of water.

abhilegend
Genis easily.

carver9
Superman wins.

JakeTheBank
Genis.

King Kandy
Future Genis with full power and control? I am not kidding when I say, he could literally win without lifting a finger.

"Id"
Ah the infamous "or he could just drain solar energy from Superman".

That's a tactic that has never worked. no? sad
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd202/Genis101/Genis/Post-Insane/Merged/20-vsSkrullsShiArandKree1.jpg

Nietzschean
Genis Vell is leagues above the energy manipulators that Superman has dealt with and had problems with the likes of Parasite, Doctor Polaris and even triumph.

This isnt a forum fight where Genis isnt gonna monologue and let Superman recover and run around until he manages to trick him into a loss with his surroundings.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31325/655931-triumph_superman_super.jpg

-Pr-
Depends on the Genis portrayal, imo.

cdtm
Genis, with ease.

cdtm
Originally posted by abhilegend
Genis easily.

/End thread

Don Corleone
Originally posted by Nietzschean
Genis Vell is leagues above the energy manipulators that Superman has dealt with and had problems with the likes of Parasite, Doctor Polaris and even triumph.

This isnt a forum fight where Genis isnt gonna monologue and let Superman recover and run around until he manages to trick him into a loss with his surroundings.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31325/655931-triumph_superman_super.jpg

This.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Depends on the Genis portrayal, imo.

Which version of Genis would you give Superman the win over?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Don Corleone
This.

Which version of Genis would you give Superman the win over?

Any but insane.

King Kandy
His later versions were even more powerful than that one.

quanchi112
Superman has no chance.

-Pr-
Originally posted by King Kandy
His later versions were even more powerful than that one.

which ones? I wouldn't count the Thunderbolts one, at least in a combat context.

Facee
Genis easily.

Bump.

abhilegend
Insane Genis wins. All other versions of Genis loses.

Adam Grimes
Insane Genis eats him.

Blue Area Vet
Insane Genis wins. All other versions of Genis loses.

Wrong, Photon beats him with ease.

abhilegend
Haha, no.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.