Dr.Strange v.s Dr.Fate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DIESEL_33
Aight.....I dont know much about the 2 of them...I just wanna hear what yall have 2 say....so I could learn more about these 2 magicians. So who would win?..and lets hear WHY!

grey fox
Strange kicks his rip-offs ass.

Draco69
Actually, no. Doctor Strange is a ripoff of Doctor Fate. Fate came first. He first appeared in 1940 while Strange first appeared in 1963.

Rule of thumb people: Anything Marvel created is usually a ripoff of a DC character.

grey fox
Originally posted by Draco69
Actually, no. Doctor Strange is a ripoff of Doctor Fate. Fate came first. He first appeared in 1940 while Strange first appeared in 1963.

Rule of thumb people: Anything Marvel created is usually a ripoff of a DC character.

Well.....shit .

Strange is still more powerful though.

Draco69
Depends, really on who's wielding the power of Nabu. If it's Nabu himself....

The Ion
Originally posted by grey fox
Well.....shit .

Strange is still more powerful though.
He just has more showings. Both of them pull ridiculous spells out at just the right time. Annoying stuff really.

Sir Whirlysplat
How many times has this thread been done. I could use search to find out I suppose but.... Nah

Pepito
Strange - i'd say he beats even Nabu. I think it's unfair to say that most marvel characters are ripoffs of dc ones, mainly because dc don't have too many characters (Superman's powers and personality aren't exactly inventive) which are worth ripping off and because most dc characters don't work in marvel universe

Draco69
DC has many, many characters. People simply aren't aware of any besides Superman. Which is just stupid.

A ripoff is a character that deliberately stills the core principles of another character. Aquaman is a ripoff of Namor. Hulk is a ripoff of Solomon Grundy. Gladiator and Sentry are a ripoff of Superman. And Strange is a rip-off of Fate.

Even Wolverine is a ripoff of a Legionaire member named Feral.

DIESEL_33
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
How many times has this thread been done. I could use search to find out I suppose but.... Nah

If this has been posted B4..then my badd...im new here..so i just wanna hear what different people have 2 say

Pepito
DC has many, many characters. People simply aren't aware of any besides Superman. Which is just stupid.

A ripoff is a character that deliberately stills the core principles of another character. Aquaman is a ripoff of Namor. Hulk is a ripoff of Solomon Grundy. Gladiator and Sentry are a ripoff of Superman. And Strange is a rip-off of Fate.

You're just basing your accusations on type of powers. They're are so few powers and so many characters that it's inevitable. Just because Gladiator can fly and has super strength, doesn't mean he's a ripoff of Superman. He's an alien, isn't a definite hero, has an extremely different life and personality and only has a few similar powers. Feral doesn't have adamantium skeleton or the weird history or weapon x like stuff. Solomon said Grundy smash but he's a villain and beyond having super strength and being stupid, isn't like Hulk at all. Frankenstein and Mr Hyde had similar attributes previously. Strange, just because he's a sorceror, is not a ripoff. Their magic works differently, they're connected to very different beings and have different origins, enemies and personalities

Draco69
Originally posted by Pepito
You're just basing your accusations on type of powers. They're are so few powers and so many characters that it's inevitable. Just because Gladiator can fly and has super strength, doesn't mean he's a ripoff of Superman. He's an alien, isn't a definite hero, has an extremely different life and personality and only has a few similar powers.

Gladiator was SUPPOSED to be a ripoff of Superman. Stan Lee himself admitted it. He was supposed to be melded after Pre-Crisis Superman. Even his origin

Feral doesn't have adamantium skeleton or the weird history or weapon x like stuff. Solomon said Grundy smash but he's a villain and beyond having super strength and being stupid, isn't like Hulk at all. Frankenstein and Mr Hyde had similar attributes previously. Strange, just because he's a sorceror, is not a ripoff. Their magic works differently, they're connected to very different beings and have different origins, enemies and personalities

You don't understand the concept of ripoff...

A character that is based on another character and inspired by the character is a ripoff. Aquaman was inspired and based on Namor. A ripoff is a blatant or unscrupulous copy or imitation. THe characters I've mentioned fulfill that purpose. Did they mix things up a bit to avoid copyright infringement? Yeah. But are they literal copies of the other characters they were inspired by with a few differences? That too.

Juntai
You'll also notice in one of Gladiator's fights with Thor, he was dressed similar to Clark Kent, then lowered his glasses and shot beams, then said "I call it... heat vision..."
lol.

jrodslam
Gladiator was SUPPOSED to be a ripoff of Superman. Stan Lee himself admitted it. He was supposed to be melded after Pre-Crisis Superman. Even his origin

You don't understand the concept of ripoff...

A character that is based on another character and inspired by the character is a ripoff. Aquaman was inspired and based on Namor. A ripoff is a blatant or unscrupulous copy or imitation. THe characters I've mentioned fulfill that purpose. Did they mix things up a bit to avoid copyright infringement? Yeah. But are they literal copies of the other characters they were inspired by with a few differences? That too.

yes

Cant forget Dr. Polaris and Magneto, Green Arrow and Hawkeye. big grin

Black Adam
Originally posted by jrodslam
yes

Cant forget Dr. Polaris and Magneto, Green Arrow and Hawkeye. big grin

or Thanos and Darkseid.

Meh....I really don't care who's a ripoff of who. as long as there written well and interesting I don't mind.

spideycarnage

not doomsday, one of DC's top guns smile

Juntai
Originally posted by Black Adam
or Thanos and Darkseid.

Meh....I really don't care who's a ripoff of who. as long as there written well and interesting I don't mind. Thanos and Darkseid are very different, imo.

doctorstrongbad
So did we all agree that Dr. Strange would win?

spideycarnage
oh yeah, strange has faught guys like galactus, thanos, and did fairly well. id say he's one of the most powerfulest heros in marvel

The Ion
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
So did we all agree that Dr. Strange would win?
No.

Sir Whirlysplat

Nah Wolverine isn't a rip off of feral as I remember Timber Wolf was before Feral, but I think both are after Wolverine.

Sixth_Winged
Post crisis Hector Hall Fate lose, pre-crisis Kent Nelson was more of a superman-ripoff of that time so he wins or at least a tossup.

Juntai
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Post crisis Hector Hall Fate lose, pre-crisis Kent Nelson was more of a superman-ripoff of that time so he wins or at least a tossup. Even when Hector was brand new to Dr Fate, he had a 4 parter and was taking on elder demons and stuff. And he didn't have a clue as to what he was doing. Given a bit of time, he'd be every bit as capable. We however, don't have that luxury as he's not Fate anymore. lol. He also defeated Mordru, who's also at least near skyfather in his own right.

Sixth_Winged
And Dr. Strange defeated Shoma Gorath and his liuetenant, Fate couldn't even do the same against Kuth Shoggoth who was a ripoff of him and lovecraftian mythos. He was able to hold him, but he couldn't find a viable way and had to persuade Spectre just to do it.

That's not to mention other higher beings Strange bested like the in-betweener, dormammu, etc.

Sir Whirlysplat
This threads been donesmile a few times

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=315178&highlight=Strange+Fate

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=363406&highlight=Strange+Fate

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=363460&highlight=Strange+Fate

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=372635&highlight=Strange+Fate

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=377780&highlight=Strange+Fate

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=381504&highlight=Strange+Fate

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=387323&highlight=Strange+Fate

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=392354&highlight=Strange+Fate

Plus a few others here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=447986&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Juntai
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
And Dr. Strange defeated Shoma Gorath and his liuetenant, Fate couldn't even do the same against Kuth Shoggoth who was a ripoff of him and lovecraftian mythos. He was able to hold him, but he couldn't find a viable way and had to persuade Spectre just to do it.

That's not to mention other higher beings Strange bested like the in-betweener, dormammu, etc. That was Year One, ORIGIN stories...that Dr Fate had never dealt with anything like that before. And he didn't persuade Spectre, Spectre did it naturally, having decided to dispatch vengeance on him because he wasn't supposed to exist anyways.

Sixth_Winged
And still hasn't. Aside from Mordru, majorithy of his opponents are still typhically a notch below Dr. Strange's foes. And Dr. Strange taking on Shoma Gorath isn't that much of a veteran feat either, not to mention before his 5000 years extra experience fighting other magical beings.

Spectre did it, true, but before he did, fate couldn't find a way to contain the situation and the sad part is that he's not the only one fighting Koth compared to Strange who dealt with Shoma twice and won.

Pepito
Strange has fought Galactus and lived.

Sixth_Winged
Not to mention LT (though obviously just an M-body)

Wally West
Strange has fought Galactus and lived. I've never seen Strange fight Galactus when Galactus was going all out to kill Strange though. Off the top of my head I've seen Strange basically sneak up on a very weak Galactus who was already fighting loads of other heroes and do his best Ghost Rider impression, and another time he knocked Galactus off balance then reluctantly agreed to join Galactus. Also he helped fight the Omega Galactus clone but didn't cause to much damage to it. Never really seen the big man going all out after Strange.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.