Zombie Honeymoon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Has anyone seen this movie yet? I blind bought the DVD this weekend because of praise from my friends who saw it and urged me to see it because they knew that I'd love it. You know something? I did! This movie blew me away! I don't mean in the sense that it was "Stanley Kubrick-esque" movie making, or brilliant cinematography or anything, but rather the story is so emotional, and yet so horrifying at the same time. The written synopsis goes like this:
---How far will you go for true love? After pledging their undying love for one another, happy newlyweds Danny (Graham Sibley) and Denise (Tracy Coogan) head to the Jersey Shore for their honeymoon. The romantic start to their new life is cut short when Danny is attacked on the beach and Denise discovers that her new husband has become a flesh eating zombie! As he tries to contain his cannibalistic behavior for the sake of their marriage, Denise decides to stand by her man "for better or worse". But will Danny's decay eventually cause Denise to forsake her true love? One part horror flick and one part romantic comedy, Zombie Honeymoon "will move your heart, then tear it out!" (Fangoria Magazine)"---This movie was a delightful surprise for me. I recommend it for anyone who wants to watch a genuinely horrific love story.

Wolfie
I rented it thinking it would be pretty funny. A couple are on their honeymoon when zombies come out of nowhere.

Unfortunately, that's not what I got. I thought it was awful. Most of the movie, the guy was just a cannibal. I didn't dig the whole "slowly turning into a zombie" deal.

Cinemaddiction
It bored me to death. Zero credibility to the zombie genesis, and I didn't feel shit for the guy, the girl, or anyone else involved.

BackFire
Man, this movie was so dumb. But not without merrit. Pretty decent premise, really.

Cinemaddiction
Seemed more like talk show material. Hell, it was parodied at the end of "Shaun of the Dead", in a talk show no less, where a woman was still married to her husband, a zombie.

It was never credible, silly to suggest it be taken remotely seriously, and will never work, nor did it in "Zombie Honeymoon".

BackFire
It could work if done by a gifted filmmaker.

Hell, a similar idea already did work very well in Cemetery Man.

papabeard
Boy Eats girl which was trailered on this film is not bad, anyone seen it?

Wolfie
This had potential, if revamped like 70%.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.