Digi versus Calvin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

taft
Judge: Me

Duelrz: Digi, Calvin

render: leet
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/3786/cloudandtifa8xk5cs.png

size: 425x110

file size: 150kb

deadline:48 hours from now

DigiMark007
My mind always goes to the stupidest ways I can use the render when I see it. Ah well....nice pic.

Good luck Calvin.

DE Calvin
Ya, I have an awesome idea, I think...

DigiMark007
That's Cloud and Tifa, right?

DE Calvin
I'm guessing that cause that is what is defaultedly saved as.

taft
Originally posted by DigiMark007
That's Cloud and Tifa, right?

yes

ShinobiRikari
My mind always goes to the stupidest ways I can use the render when I see it. Ah well....nice pic.

Good luck Calvin.
-cough- -cough- Forget someone?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by ShinobiRikari
-cough- -cough- Forget someone?

It wasn't me...DW forgot to start our match!

embarrasment

Still, I feel bad. Maybe we're just destined not to duel.

DigiMark007
I'm actually done already...I'll probably just submit it tonight before I go to bed, but I want to wait as long as possible. Submitting first always makes me uneasy.

taft
I'm actually done already...I'll probably just submit it tonight before I go to bed, but I want to wait as long as possible. Submitting first always makes me uneasy.

dont worry....calvin is thinking of forfeiting cuz he cant use the render well..........

DigiMark007
^^ Good to know...hehe

Anyway, here's my entry.

It's only about 45KB, since it's smaller than a normal sig. But I can't do animation, so I couldn't get anywhere near the 150 limit.

I went with the interpretation that Tifa is dead. She might be just sleeping, but Cloud looks angry enough that she could have been killed. That's an important point to tying my sig together. The shame of it all is, I love Aeris...making a sig against her like this broke my heart, but you gotta do what you gotta do. But the fleeting image of her here seemed better than an ethereal, heartless-looking version I was using for another design.

And the flower that helps make up the border is also from the render.

I think the whole thing turned out pretty well....but we'll have to wait and see what Calvin does too.

smile

DE Calvin
Ok, here it is:
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9019/untitled2banimated4dx4dt.gif

taft
Results:

Digi: so that thing on the left is aeris...i thought it was like a zombie er something.....anyways.........decent sig...i like how u used the flower's to make a border...and the theme u had...was kew..but the bg doesnt really go with the sig and the text it yucky......*i suck at text to*...but overall ill give it a 6/10

Calvin: ur sig isnt that bad... the animation was a decent effect.....but after that u didnt really put any effort into so im gonna have to give u a 3/10

Winnerbig grinigi cogratz

DigiMark007
A zombie?? Meh, I thought it looked enough like Aeris (it is pink after all) but maybe I was wrong. It looked better in my mind... stick out tongue

Anyway, nice duel Calvin. Animations rock, and I like your quote.

But hooray for me! smile

Lana
I recognized it as Aeris....and was quite amused....stick out tongue

taft
Originally posted by Lana
I recognized it as Aeris....and was quite amused....stick out tongue

well, to me it looks desturated...and bleh....i saw a zombie...and it kinda looked like a dog.....zombie dog

DE Calvin
Good duel, and Taft I don't appreciate you saying I didn't put any effort into when it was my first animation, and It took me forever to figure it out.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by DE Calvin
Good duel, and Taft I don't appreciate you saying I didn't put any effort into when it was my first animation, and It took me forever to figure it out.

He said he thought the animation was good, but beyond that, there wasn't much effort. I'd have to agree, too. erm

It seems you simply pasted the render onto the background and stuck text to go with it.

Lana
I have to agree with it as well.

Not to mention that it's an incredibly simple animation....just looks like a couple of layers of clouds cycling through.

DE Calvin
ok, HAHA, the thing on the right in Digi's sig looks like a manakin with a pink dress on it

H. S. 6
Oh?

taft
Originally posted by DE Calvin
ok, HAHA, the thing on the right in Digi's sig looks like a manakin with a pink dress on it

ya....the thing on the side does look wierd... desaturated

DigiMark007
*scowls* It's Aeris damnit! And Lana knew what it was....and she counts more than you.

So stick out tongue !!!

*murble...zombie dog my foot...*

taft
*scowls* It's Aeris damnit! And Lana knew what it was....and she counts more than you.

So stick out tongue !!!

*murble...zombie dog my foot...*

i call'z em as i see'z em

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.