Good ghost movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

doomsday49
can anybody here recommend any good ghost movies. Remember i only want ghost movies; not zombie or serial killers,or boogie man......well you know what i mean.

Decay
i was looking for one the other day too actually. there arnt too may decent ones, but depending on what kind you want the others is awesome. 13 ghosts isnt scary at all but its cool for some ghost killing. ghost ship is aparantly pretty good but i havent seen it. theres the ghostbusters movies obviously, a few japanese ones like the ring. if you know any let me know, im going to get some tomorrow.

Pandemoniac
Ghost ship has a fantastic opening scene, but the rest of the movie is very dull and not scary or even entertaining at all.

Try 'The Fog', 'Poltergeist', 'Stir of Echo's' and 'House on Haunted Hill'

steverules
Darkness falls is OK, not the best but it's OK.

Pandemoniac
I myself was dissapointed by Darkness Falls, even Gothika was better.
How about 'The Sixth Sence' and 'The Shining', now those are some original and disturbing flicks.
The subject of ghosts works well with comedy as well, like 'Ghostbusters', 'Beetlejuice' and 'The Frighteners'.

ladygrim
Like u say 'Sixth sense' and the shining ....no matter how many times i have seen them they still scare me and make me jump laughing out loud

Wolfie
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
I myself was dissapointed by Darkness Falls, even Gothika was better.
How about 'The Sixth Sence' and 'The Shining', now those are some original and disturbing flicks.
The subject of ghosts works well with comedy as well, like 'Ghostbusters', 'Beetlejuice' and 'The Frighteners'.
Gothika was gold compared to Darkness Falls.

doomsday49
I've read about this movie called the woman in black and it had alot of positive reviews. Has anybody seen it?

ladygrim
i havent but my friend has ...laughing out loud she sais it was good and that i should borrow it sometime

cropsy_is_god
Does anybody know if The Legend of Hell House is good ?

Zilverz
original Amityville horror

Decay
i didnt like gothica, i ended up playing ghosthunter on ps2 while me friend watched it. it was too boring and predicatable. poltergeist was good though. the original fog was ok (how can anyone not think pirate ghosts are cool?).

doomsday49
Originally posted by cropsy_is_god
Does anybody know if The Legend of Hell House is good ? Legend of hell house was cool but it wasn't as good as Haunting the original version

doomsday49
Has anybody seen the new movie half-light? It stars demi moore and it's a direct to video release.

doomsday49
decay have you seen the movie the innocents? It's an old black and white movie. I think it's base on some book.

devilsreject304
I have always found The Shining, 6th Sense, to be pretty scary myself, especially the 6th sense. White Noise is ok, has some pretty scary moments.

hanxan
Try Ghost Story or The Changling, Both Older but worth the watch.

steverules
Is it just me or are all the old ghost movies good and the new one's rubbish?

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by doomsday49
can anybody here recommend any good ghost movies. Remember i only want ghost movies; not zombie or serial killers,or boogie man......well you know what i mean.

Casper was really good, I thought. But, it's not a horror movie. erm

NormaBates
I've read about this movie called the woman in black and it had alot of positive reviews. Has anybody seen it?

I really don't know what every body sees in this stupid movie.
I didn't think of it as 'scary' just as 'EXTREMELY BORING'

Stick with: The Fog, Poltergeist and the original The Haunting

ladygrim
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Ghost ship has a fantastic opening scene, but the rest of the movie is very dull and not scary or even entertaining at all.

Try 'The Fog', 'Poltergeist', 'Stir of Echo's' and 'House on Haunted Hill'

I thought that about Ghost ship .. it was a good idea but badly put together roll eyes (sarcastic)

hanxan
another old one would be death ship, not to be confused with ghost ship. It is from the 70's and has george kennedy in it.

bratty_lil_sis
The haunted mantion has ghosts in it. So does the 6th sense.

Koenig
Three come to mind, The Haunting and Legend of hell house along with The Others.

OhILuvHP
Originally posted by Zilverz
original Amityville horror

yeah-this one was scarier than the new one. but i liked the new one's ending better-longer and more intense

for a good ghost movie:

The St. Francisville Experiment-its a true story- very freaky!

allofyousuckkk
the others was amazing

everyone hated the skeleton key, but i myself was totally amazed by the story and i was sitting on the edge of my seat the entire time

Zilverz
Originally posted by OhILuvHP
yeah-this one was scarier than the new one. but i liked the new one's ending better-longer and more intense

for a good ghost movie:

The St. Francisville Experiment-its a true story- very freaky!

thanks i will check this one out

edit: i just checked IMDB and it has absolutely horrible reviews (1/10) from everyone ??

Zilverz
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk

everyone hated the skeleton key, but i myself was totally amazed by the story and i was sitting on the edge of my seat the entire time

the skeleton key was quite good .. i dont think it is a good recommendation for this thread though

LizzyT123
Ghostbusters is a good ghost movie big grin

thegreatrudini

Its called woman in white its a great lil film , the entity is another good 1

doomsday49
Originally posted by thegreatrudini

No, it is "The woman in Black". You're probably mistakening it with "The Lady in White". Which is another ghost movie. I recently saw the woman in black. It was actually pretty good. Stresses atmosphere over story though. But atmosphere is important for ghost stories. Check it out.

allofyousuckkk
The St. Francisville Experiment was so dumb if we're thinking about the same movie........Is itthe one where chains fall down the chimney, and there is this lady who thinks everything is centered around her

"Do the ghosts know me?"
"The ghosts are being active because I'm here"

UhhI hated her

Wolfie
Ghost movies... as for ghost movies in general, you can't go wrong with Ghostbusters and The Frighteners.

As far as the horror aspect of ghosts, Poltergeist is a classic and I personally enjoyed Thir13en Ghosts.

Though I'm not a big ghost fan.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by thegreatrudini

YES!!!! Once I saw this thread, I immediately thought of "The Entity". In my opinion, it's one of (if not the best) "haunting" movie ever made...I thought it was very scary, suspenseful, and intense...plus, it's based on a true story!! VERY CREEPY!!!!! I can't recommend it enough if you're looking for a great "ghost" movie...a true, rare underrated gem of a flick...

Also, I just saw the recent "An American Haunting". I was pleasantly surprised with it and it has a great ending to make you think. If you like a movie that doesn't lay everything out for you nice and simple, you'll like this flick...

And another flick...it's not scary, but it's an intelligent, and very well done flick is "The Others" with Nicole Kidman., This film was much better than I thought it would be. It's well worth a look...

Hope these help..... big grin

xantichristx666
well i liked 13 ghosts. i thought it was awesome. i dont know why but for some reason i think they should make a second one about the house and all the same ghosts in real life...like how they all were before they died. that would be awesome

bratty_lil_sis
Ghost it's about a cuople and the guy gets shot and the girl can here his voice.''has anybody seen it''

Impediment
Poltergeist
The Changeling
The Legend of Hell House
The Shining

NormaBates
Poltergeist, Impy's right for once, lol
The haunting, the original off course.
Don't go to sleep

doomsday49
Originally posted by xantichristx666
well i liked 13 ghosts. i thought it was awesome. i dont know why but for some reason i think they should make a second one about the house and all the same ghosts in real life...like how they all were before they died. that would be awesome

Yeah!!!! especially the one with the small mother and the big baby. could be a good scary story if done right.

BlackSunshine
I like quite a few I guess I'm sure theres a few that others hate smile

The Sixth Sense
Stir Of Echoes
The Haunting
Ghost Ship
The Changeling...kinda cheesey but it was worth watching
Amityville Horror...origional and remake
The Shining

doomsday49
Originally posted by NormaBates
Poltergeist, Impy's right for once, lol
The haunting, the original off course.
Don't go to sleep

what's don't go to sleep all about? I try searching for the movie but i couldn't find it.

NormaBates
It isn't on dvd yet, but it's about a family who lost their firstborn in a car accident. The ghost of that girls begins to stalk her younger sister and convinces her to kill the entire family.

BlackSunshine
I kinda want to see what "An American Haunting" is like.

Deicide
there is a kool King Diamond song called the Bell Witch......
i dont mean to get off topic, but they should make a movie about Countess Bathory, i think that would be kool.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.