Who Likes Denethor????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lotrgirl
ok ya i know that the title should be "denethor sucks" but thats a little degrading...lol stick out tongue anyway so i just wanted to know if denethor is anyones favorite in the movie.....and why......just interesting to know......i personally hate him...mainly because of how he treats faramir big grin and he is just so disgsting..... sick lol anyway pls share your thoughts...if you have any.....on the subject.........

bonbon
i dont like him because of the way he treats faramir like you said also how man he is to pippin ..but i like his character in the sene i like to hate someone and you get pleasure of seeing him die lol!

Darkman87
Even I do not like the way he treated Faramir also Boromir. I do not think there will be anyone who says " That is my fav character". That man had created to be hatred. He is the worst leader in the movie and so stupid. If there is a war, he should give some courage his soldiers not let them fear and run away. That was a shame he is Boromir and Faramir's father.

DanielLB
Denethor is as special as any other character in ME. He was written by Tolkien for one reason and another and should be appreciated that he is his own individual and is ''special, or fav'' for many reasonsbig grin

Does that make sense? lol

Bar-en-Danwedh
no, but i get where you're comming from...

Denethor is awsome... the films didn't elaborate on Denethor's situation and so he wasn't awarded the sympathy he deserves...

His Father Ecthelion died then his wife Finduilas four years later... he grew up when the fires of mordor were flamming again, his oldest son Boromir deid who was a total legend that everyone worshipped and would have been a kick ass Steward, Faramir reminded Denethor too much of Finduilas which would have made his presence a painful one...
and finnally he had been using a palantir for years which clearly messed him up as Sauron was sending him some f***ed up vibes...

so leave the poor guy alone...

come step on the pyre!!!! smokin'

Kasi
I agree with BeD.

Traya
Yeah, and Jackson made him seem like an obstinate fool by making him refuse to light the beacons in the film. In the book, he does it before Gandalf and Pippin even arrive!

Blaxican_Hydra
Yep also hes ready to fight to the death as well, he draws his sword and gets ready to f*ck up some orcs as well. He didn't really go crazy until he saw the blac ships in the palantiri, and when he thought Faramir died. Then he went wacko. Before that he was just your average senile old man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.